Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 21:29   #31
BANNED

offtopic -
How much does skimming disc costs ?
My friend have been quote 1100 - Is it normal charge or expensive ?
Old 9th January 2010, 15:53   #32
BHPian

Thanks to you all for your input. I was just checking if it can be a DYI exercise. No compromises with safety when you drive. Everone must drive with resposibility. I am in Pune. Please suggest me a mechanic in Pune. I have tried many but no satisfaction.
Old 5th August 2010, 17:22   #33
BHPian

Thanks to you all guys! I did exactly as you all suggested and changed the brake oil to 4Dot. Now my car is back in rocking condition. The other day it was in control and was doing at 160 KMPH while my family was driving to Vashi. I missed it as I was in my office.
Old 7th September 2011, 22:24   #34
BHPian

Re: Mercedes Benz 300D brake problem.

I recently took my Mercedes -Benz 300D (W123) for an overnight journey, 500 kms round journey, and the front left caliper jammed up on the way back, dragging very badly. When I got back, removed the calipers and the wheel discs, and found that the front caliper pistons had a little rusting, but the rear ones were jammed rusted in the open position. Anyone know from who I can get caliper kit and brake pads for W123, either in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai or Bangalore? what is the approx cost for the same? what should be the thickness of the disc rotors? The thickness of my rotor discs is 10 mm.. is that OK? How much do new ones cost? One of the pistons of the rear caliper has the edge of the piston towards the outer side (i.e. the groove lip of the dust seal) chipped off... should I have to change it?
Old 12th September 2011, 13:32   #35
BHPian

Re: Mercedes Benz 300D brake problem.

Last month itself I happened to change the front left side brake caliper. My mechanic got a brake caliper kit of Rs. 1500/-. And it costed me Rs. 1600/- including labour. When I asked him how much the whole caliper set costs, he said that it costs Rs. 10,000/-+. You can also enquire at the shops in Mumbai at Opera House. You get almost all the spares for W123 there. I am based in Pune and currently in Chennai. Once I am back I will give you my Pune garage mechanic's no. Till then don't drive the car, it will be extremely dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex RAP View Post
I recently took my Mercedes -Benz 300D (W123) for an overnight journey, 500 kms round journey, and the front left caliper jammed up on the way back, dragging very badly. When I got back, removed the calipers and the wheel discs, and found that the front caliper pistons had a little rusting, but the rear ones were jammed rusted in the open position. Anyone know from who I can get caliper kit and brake pads for W123, either in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai or Bangalore? what is the approx cost for the same? what should be the thickness of the disc rotors? The thickness of my rotor discs is 10 mm.. is that OK? How much do new ones cost? One of the pistons of the rear caliper has the edge of the piston towards the outer side (i.e. the groove lip of the dust seal) chipped off... should I have to change it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks