Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2010, 20:27   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Srivathsa_Satya ji very clean and 80% original delight you have got.

Do enjoy driving her and share your delightful experiences with us.

Happy Fiating
Thank you Sirji and Factory Fresh is a big compliment! I will share my endeavors with all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Srivathsa Satya - that's a nice car you have purchased, please keep it carefully forever.

Following parts are original:

Following parts are not original as equipped on a Fiat 1100 Delight:
) / spark plug wires (they used to be green in colour) / fuel filter in the .

Dear Samsag12 - the chassis .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Bheram Sir

I have been following your posts and your recent BLR trip. I hope to get to you meet you sometime soon!

My RC Book clearly says it is a 1968 Model. In fact the car was first registered at Mysore RTO on 6 Sep 1968! I have this information from not-so-legible
photocopy. I will check and get back once I get the Original book (after obtaining CC) from Mysore.
It is quite a comprehensive list to get started on in sourcing for original parts and I will get started right from tomorrow! I will share more close-up's and
detailed pictures and look forward to your observations and guidance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Oh I see those wheel caps are not original. Now let me give you insight on parts avalibility.

hard to find if you dont have them. live with the current one, keep looking in gujari.

Dear Manish:
Thanks for all the inputs. I will visit Jadsons soon. I Will call and talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Congrats and Welcome to FCB!

The following parts are available in Shivajinagar Gujiri:

Also a NOTE from FCB: .
Dear Karthik Makam:

Thankyou. Please share contact details.

I understand, respect and fully honour your thoughts about spares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
Wow thats a lovely Delight! You are really lucky to find such a car.

Hope Arun or Makam takes me there once!
Chetan
Thank you Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Congratulations Srivathsa.

I love the white colour of Fiat 1100s.
Hillram
Thank you! Yes, with help, advise and guidance from FCB and the FIAT fraternity, I am confident that I will get very close to 100%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Srivasta,

A nice Fiat and am sure that you will in due course get her as original as possible.

Please ask the Mods to correct this if you so wish.
Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

r_naritvm

Thank you. It is MYM 7699. Yes I realized my typo error and it was beyond the edit time. I send an online request to the Mods. Please suggest if there is
a way to contact the Mods.
Old 15th September 2010, 21:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Amazing car, very neat and well maintained. It's hard to find such cars these days and apart from that the owners would not depart that easily as these cars have served them faithfully and they have sentiments carriying for these cars.

I am sure there should be some story behind this car, would you like to share it with us. We would love to hear it from you. Once again congratulations for the beautiful acquisition. Keep her safe with loads of love.
Old 15th September 2010, 21:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Srivathsa_Satya ji now the million dollar question, how much did you shell out from your pocket to get delighted the Fiat way?? And as Balaji (chanu) said do share the story of this classic with us.
BTW is that meter surround (casing) warped or is it this way pointing upwards at the top.
@ Behram sir thanks for pointing out my mistake regarding the chassis plate.
Old 15th September 2010, 22:17   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Following parts are not original as equipped on a Fiat 1100 Delight:
ashtray (it used to be chromed) / outside door handles (they used to have a dull finish)
I thought on these models, the ashtray did have a black top, but only the
tray lid, not the whole ashtray- the 'border' was chrome only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Also a NOTE from FCB: Many of the parts collection I, Arun, Suji and Karthik MB have are purely for personal use. It is not really to trade or sell to FCBians or anyone else. We really dont get into buy/sell of parts or the cars themselves. So, please dont really ask any of the FCBians for the parts they are having. All we can do is, point you in the right direction where to look for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
I understand Makam. These parts just don't come by. These guys used to literally go two times a day(early morning and late night) to gujiri just to save some parts. But I guess its all stopped cos of their personal commitments.
So if somebody want some classic parts follow the FCB route of finding parts! You will be more satisfied then.
True, I was NOT implying that these guys dont deserve the classic parts they collect or anything like that- in fact I was kidding! The emoticons I put should indicate that I guess!

And yes no doubt they have paid the price (pun intended) to procure all those parts but then they happened to be at the right place at the right time with the right contacts. As you say, these parts dont come by easily, not even at the gujiri. At one point of time, I too (when I had Fiats) used to rummage and hoard up more number of such parts that anyone could imagine when I visited the scrapyard here! Now, barely 2-3 years later, there are hardly any to be salvaged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srivathsa_Satya View Post
Thanks Shyam

I have sent messages to Arun & Sujit at FCB and will get in touch with them shortly! I will surely request their assistance.
Uh-oh...me thinks I've got you into trouble here!!
Its ok vathsa, I was only kidding as I said. And of course, you've read funkykar's reply!!

Last edited by Stanher : 15th September 2010 at 22:36.
Old 15th September 2010, 22:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi Srivathsa ! That's an immaculate and beautiful Delight you've got your hands on !!
Congratulations, and a warm welcome to the world of Fiats, Fiat clubs, and brotherhood !

Do preserve that lovely number plate, it looks very nice and period..

An imported "crommodora" grille will work wonders for the car's looks, and make it really stand out..

Do feel free to look us up in case you need any stuff from Mumbai.
Good luck, and happy motoring !
Old 15th September 2010, 22:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Srivathsaji: FCB is for helping FIATians like you. I guess Arun1100 has spoken to you and I hope you get some parts from Stephens Square tomorrow.
Old 16th September 2010, 07:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hi Srivathsa ! That's an immaculate and beautiful Delight you've got your hands on !!

Do feel free to look us up in case you need any stuff from Mumbai.
Good luck, and happy motoring !
Thanks you and that really feels good. Yes Sir, the number plate looks really special!

I am commencing my hunt for the missing ORIGINALS from today and let me see what I can gather here. I am in Mumbai for a day on 28th of this month. I will PM you on what is yet to be sourced. I will try to pickup stuff from there if you can suggest any store / location.
Old 16th September 2010, 19:28   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy. The car looks perfect and can be restored in stages with lots of patience. I am sure it will get the retro 1968 look with your efforts.
Coming to the car's appearance, in fact, its too gleaming and shiny. It was all aluminium all over these Fiats then.the aluminium would become duller with little or no maintenance. The bumpers did not have that much shine and the windscreen (front and rear) did not have the chrome strips with the beading.It was black rubber all over.
I guess the only chrome was on the speedo and meter rings. The entire meter console with the 4 warning lights are truly original. Even the headlight and wiper switches at the base are original- very rare as owners were tempted to change over to the Padmini plasticky ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Oh I see those wheel caps are not original. Now let me give you insight on parts avalibility.
1. Original meters - Are available in Gujari, I see one of yours is non original.
Both the meters to the left and right of the speedo are not original as Dhabhar has pointed out.
Old 16th September 2010, 20:24   #24
BHPian

More Pictures, some close-ups
Attached Thumbnails
1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-bflr.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-carb.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-dh.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-f-ind.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-fiat-1100-d.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-lic-plt.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-om.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-rvm.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-s-ind.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-spare-tire.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-t-dd.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-tl.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-wh.jpg  

Old 16th September 2010, 21:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srivathsa_Satya View Post
I am commencing my hunt for the missing ORIGINALS from today and let me see what I can gather here. I am in Mumbai for a day on 28th of this month. I will PM you on what is yet to be sourced. I will try to pickup stuff from there if you can suggest any store / location.
Sure do that ! We'll try to help you in any way possible.
Old 16th September 2010, 22:14   #26
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Congrats Sirji. Hope to see you regularly at FCB meets just like BCSC Meets.

Did you buy some original parts today?
Old 16th September 2010, 22:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Congrats Sirji. Hope to see you regularly at FCB meets just like BCSC Meets.

Did you buy some original parts today?
Hi & Thanks Karthik:

Yes, looking forward to the next FCB meet; spoke to Sujit last night and he said I might have to wait till Noveber for that! Thanks to Arun, went to Gujari with him today and picked up a grill, side indicator lights, clear lens for the front indicator and two hub caps! I must confess that Arun is really revered there.

Here are some pictures of todays acquistion
Attached Thumbnails
1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-img00236201009161526.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-img00237201009161526.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-img00238201009161527.jpg  

1968 Fiat Delight 1100/D - MYM 7699-img00239201009161528.jpg  

Old 16th September 2010, 22:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Arun too told me that the hub caps you found today are of later model of Delight. I am sure You will find the right ones soon.

Arun most probably has got a spare grill logo.
Old 17th September 2010, 07:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Super stuff you got there Srivathsa_Satya ji. Arun has a knack of digging out the required parts. Loved those round side lights, me too searching for them from the past 5 months.
@ Funkykar: Karthik bhai which delight grill is original to sirji's car? I hope you are not talking about the grill which Bala's delight had. Its almost near to impossible to find that too in good condition.
Old 17th September 2010, 09:59   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Karthik bhai which delight grill is original to sirji's car? I hope you are not talking about the grill which Bala's delight had. Its almost near to impossible to find that too in good condition.
The grille he got is the original one for his car, it was the grille used on all delights post 1965 until the very last ones. The one on Bala's delight was used only on the early (1964-65) delights. So it is relatively rare to find, also being more delicate than the later grilles is known to be damaged much more easily so, as you say, nearly impossible to find in good condition.

Most Viewed