Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Pre-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/)
-   -   Morris 8 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/41901-morris-8-a.html)

Cyrus43 3rd July 2008 01:07

Morris 8
 
5 Attachment(s)
Here is a magnificent Austin 8 i spotted today. Belongs to a parsi priest who is well known in the vintage car scene.
He also owns this convertible Austin 8 that was present in my college vintage exhibition.

JayD 3rd July 2008 09:36

Now that's a well maintained car, is it being used daily??

karlosdeville 3rd July 2008 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 888922)
Here is a magnificent Austin 8 i spotted today. Belongs to a parsi priest who is well known in the vintage car scene.
He also owns this convertible Austin 8 that was present in my college vintage exhibition.

Just to point out, both cars were Morris 8s, not Austins.:)

girishpv 3rd July 2008 13:35

Right on you Karl, Its an Morris 8 Not Austin 8
I was in doubt, its Morris8

karlosdeville 3rd July 2008 13:38

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a brochure scan of an identical car for confirmation:)

Cyrus43 3rd July 2008 15:57

Whoops. My Bad. Yea Morris 8 not austin 8. MAde a Mistake sorry. But werent Morris and Austin almost the same?

Prabal 3rd July 2008 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 889083)
Now that's a well maintained car, is it being used daily??

The gentleman himself drove the car (the saloon) from Bombay to Delhi and then to Shimla during a rally five-six years ago, maybe seven, and then drove back too all the way. He's probably older than the car and both together were absolutely tickety-boo! I haven't seen a better Morris Bulldog than this, in every respect. And better owners either:thumbs up.

karlosdeville 3rd July 2008 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prabal (Post 889689)
The gentleman himself drove the car (the saloon) from Bombay to Delhi and then to Shimla during a rally five-six years ago, maybe seven, and then drove back too all the way. He's probably older than the car and both together were absolutely tickety-boo! I haven't seen a better Morris Bulldog than this, in every respect. And better owners either:thumbs up.


Infact one of the 8s he apparently even took to Sri Lanka for a year. Probably this hard top itself since it has a later regn.

vintagepoint5 3rd July 2008 18:30

Thanks Cyrus43 for sharing Morris 8 pictures, please post some good pictures of convertible and sedan. Also if possible history from its owner
how long these cars were with him.

I also own Morris8 E 1948, but it needs repair and I am looking for front
radiator grille, which is damaged by previous owners and welded improperly. So I appreciate and grateful, if anybody helps to find one.

Morris cars were very reliable cars and were common on roads until few
years back. I wish to see how many survived now in India, so please post
the details with pictures, history of owners, etc, if anybody know about it.
I am sure our team bhp friends have lot of stories to share with us.

Thanks & regards,

SuperSelect 4th July 2008 00:58

Lovely Morris 8, that. The car belongs to Marespand Dadachanji, a Parsi Priest, and was featured in the Business Standard Motoring a while back, when the gentleman drove it all the way to Udwada along with Srinivas Krishnan of BSM.
Morris Eights were the most popular among the genetically similar trio of Austin, Morris, and Wolseley Eights of those days, and were nifty little runabouts for city use.
Incidentally, fellow BHPian Srivardhan aka Dussey also owns a similar covertible Morris Eight series E.

Cyrus43 4th July 2008 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSelect (Post 890245)
Lovely Morris 8, that. The car belongs to Marespand Dadachanji, a Parsi Priest, and was featured in the Business Standard Motoring a while back, when the gentleman drove it all the way to Udwada along with Srinivas Krishnan of BSM.
Morris Eights were the most popular among the genetically similar trio of Austin, Morris, and Wolseley Eights of those days, and were nifty little runabouts for city use.
Incidentally, fellow BHPian Srivardhan aka Dussey also owns a similar covertible Morris Eight series E.

The car actually belongs to Aspanyard dadachangi. Marespand is his son. Btw, Their W123 station wagon may be coming up for sale soon. Only if they get a diesel Automatic car to replace it. Guess which one...:D

egangsta 4th July 2008 12:24

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 (Post 889864)
Morris cars were very reliable cars and were common on roads until few
years back. I wish to see how many survived now in India, so please post
the details with pictures, history of owners, etc, if anybody know about it.
I am sure our team bhp friends have lot of stories to share with us.
Thanks & regards,

Vintgepoint5, here are pics of a 1934 Morris 8 i know of. This car was restored at Speedy's place. Will get more details from the owner as to when he purchased this car and other details in a few days.

Stanher 4th July 2008 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by egangsta (Post 890598)
Vintgepoint5, here are pics of a 1934 Morris 8 i know of. This car was restored at Speedy's place. Will get more details from the owner as to when he purchased this car and other details in a few days.

Is this what was known as "cut-door" morris??

Ive a friend here who bought one and he was asking for spares. Anyone who could help if I find out from him what all he needs?

Cyrus43 4th July 2008 21:47

Ed, Is this the one that was leaking oil at the Show??

egangsta 5th July 2008 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 891445)
Ed, Is this the one that was leaking oil at the Show??

No Cyrus, this car had no such problem.It was perfect.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:40.