Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2009, 14:03   #16

Hi Steve,
Sorry for posting the wrong picture. I will try to post the engine number asap. For the time being posting some new and detailed photos of the car.

Regards,

Reshad
Attached Thumbnails
1909 Daimler-dsc00713.jpg  

1909 Daimler-dsc00717.jpg  

1909 Daimler-dsc00719.jpg  

1909 Daimler-dsc00721.jpg  

1909 Daimler-dsc00725.jpg  

1909 Daimler-dsc00726.jpg  

1909 Daimler-dsc00728.jpg  

Old 12th July 2009, 17:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Wow amazing to see the rubber pedal has survived all the torture. Quite a project you have on your hands. But It will be totaly worth it in the end.
Old 13th July 2009, 15:52   #18

Hi Reshad and the mole,

STOP PRESS! The extra photos are great. However, they prove that the car is a 1910 TD22. The sump is square (1909 was rounded). The gearbox is 3-speed (1909 was 4-speed). The inlet manifold is cast aluminium (1909 was brass and copper). The handbrake is on the same shaft as the gear lever (1909 had two gear levers and a separate handbrake lever). The car has sliding front shackles (1909 had simple swing shackles on the front). There are damper springs on the rear shackles (1909 had none).

There was only one of these previously known. It's in the UK and is on the road.

The car has a CAV generator fitted for electric headlights, which was very rare in 1910. Luckily, these headlights are fairly readily available.

By the way, the pedal rubber is actually cast iron.

Cheers,
Steve Campbell-Wright
Old 13th July 2009, 16:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Wow amazing to see the rubber pedal has survived all the torture. Quite a project you have on your hands. But It will be totaly worth it in the end.
Hi Mole,

the pedals are metal, not rubber. So you would have to run through a lot of shoes to get the lettering of this pedal worn out.
I wonder if this car would ever come up without heavy modification. Good luck!
Old 13th July 2009, 16:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjwrigh1 View Post
Hi Reshad and the mole,

STOP PRESS! The extra photos are great. However, they prove that the car is a 1910 TD22. The sump is square (1909 was rounded). The gearbox is 3-speed (1909 was 4-speed). The inlet manifold is cast aluminium (1909 was brass and copper). The handbrake is on the same shaft as the gear lever (1909 had two gear levers and a separate handbrake lever). The car has sliding front shackles (1909 had simple swing shackles on the front). There are damper springs on the rear shackles (1909 had none).

There was only one of these previously known. It's in the UK and is on the road.

The car has a CAV generator fitted for electric headlights, which was very rare in 1910. Luckily, these headlights are fairly readily available.

By the way, the pedal rubber is actually cast iron.

Cheers,
Steve Campbell-Wright
Hi Steve,
OOps, this post came after I had opened the thread to post a reply. And yes, I took my time.
By the way, have you come across pictures of my Daimler chassis on this forum? If not, then I will post on this thread. I would like to have your comments.

Cheers harit
Old 13th July 2009, 21:05   #21

Thanks Steve for this interesting info, i'll try my level best to acquire the engine number ASAP.

Regards,

Reshad
Old 14th July 2009, 09:52   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

A couple of pictures of the radiator and chassis of Harit's 190-something Daimler can be found here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-19...tml#post895192
Old 6th August 2009, 17:59   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramanna View Post

This is how it should look like.
Attempt if you find missing parts in the yard. If not it will be almost an impossible project.
Dear Ramanna,
I own the red Daimler TB22 shown in the photo. I have owned it since 1995 and use it frequently in the summer. I would be very interested to know where the TD 22 chassis is located and might be able to assist the owners with information, measurements and photographs etc.
Regards, Adrian.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th August 2009 at 09:46.
Old 7th August 2009, 01:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hello Sir,

Please have a look at the post above your and see the link to my Daimler chassis. I need some feedback as I have started a real slow restoration.
Cheers harit
Old 11th August 2009, 13:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Hello Sir,

Please have a look at the post above your and see the link to my Daimler chassis. I need some feedback as I have started a real slow restoration.
Cheers harit
Harit
Glad to hear that you have started the restoration.
Time taken does not matter.
It is the passion that counts.
My Daimler Consort took almost a decade, but I did not do it in one go. Now she moves majestically and takes me for my daily walks, her run is for 2 miles. When I am parked and gone there are always people around her taking pictures.
It sure gives a great feeling.
Now no one believes that I built it up from a scrap. They insist that I got it from my grandfather, so I have decided dedicate my Daimler to his memory.
You can count on me for any help. I will be in London during Sept/Oct in case you need any information.
Ramanna

Note from Team-BHP Support : Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures to Team-BHP. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th August 2009 at 13:52. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 14th August 2009, 14:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramanna View Post
Harit
Glad to hear that you have started the restoration.
Time taken does not matter.
It is the passion that counts.
My Daimler Consort took almost a decade, but I did not do it in one go. Now she moves majestically and takes me for my daily walks, her run is for 2 miles. When I am parked and gone there are always people around her taking pictures.
It sure gives a great feeling.
Now no one believes that I built it up from a scrap. They insist that I got it from my grandfather, so I have decided dedicate my Daimler to his memory.
You can count on me for any help. I will be in London during Sept/Oct in case you need any information.
Ramanna
Dear Mr Ramanna,

Thanks for your help.
Basically I would like to have pictures of 1904/1905 Daimlers, in any state.
Also, if you meet someone from the Daimler scene, show them pictures of my chassis and ask for comments.
This would help to get started in earnest.

Cheers harit
Old 17th August 2009, 14:10   #27

To Harit, ...... Regarding your visit to London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Hello Sir,

I need some feedback as I have started a real slow restoration.
Cheers harit.
Dear Harit,
.............. If you want a drive in my 1909 Daimler, whilst you are in London, I live about half an Hour's train journey from Liverpool Street Station. By all means visit me, have a drive (as a passinger) and take photos. Rashad (who posted his E-MAIL address earlier) has my E-MAIL address, so please contact me through him.
Best Wishes, Adrian (Owner of the red 1909 Daimler TB22).

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th August 2009 at 17:02. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 18th August 2009, 00:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahanwel1 View Post

Dear Harit,
.............. If you want a drive in my 1909 Daimler, whilst you are in London, I live about half an Hour's train journey from Liverpool Street Station. By all means visit me, have a drive (as a passinger) and take photos. Rashad (who posted his E-MAIL address earlier) has my E-MAIL address, so please contact me through him.
Best Wishes, Adrian (Owner of the red 1909 Daimler TB22).
Dear Adrian,

Thanks for the offer. Now just have to get to London, unfortunately never been there across the channel.
On a serious note, if you can get more info on my model, would be grateful.

Cheers harit

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th August 2009 at 17:02. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 28th August 2009, 21:43   #29
BHPian

Uploading a few scans of early Daimlers. It took me a while to upload these images. Some one please advise the easier and correct way to upload images. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
1909 Daimler-daimler-1903.jpg  

Old 28th August 2009, 21:44   #30
BHPian

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks