Team-BHP - 1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Pre-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/)
-   -   1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/71473-1932-plymouth-pb-seven-passenger-delux-sedan-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by girishpv (Post 2243529)
Congratulations and hats off to you KPS sir, brilliant work, the car is a beauty

Thank you very much Girish for your kind words. Encouragement from enthusiasts is very motivating.

I thought it would be nice the highlight the rear of the car. Brought the rear trunk out see how it looks. The trunk is unrestored but still looks good on the car.

The rear
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc02990.jpg

Full view of the luggage rack
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc02991.jpg

The Plymouth Logo close up
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc02992.jpg

Various angles of the rear
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc02993.jpg
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc02994.jpg

The Trunk looks good, doesn't it?
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc02995.jpg
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc02998.jpg

Currently we are working on a badge bar customized for this car keeping in mind the Pilot Lamp in the front.

Cheers

KPS

Hello KPS. Today I saw you driving this car in Jayamahal area. Superb job done! clap:I know where she was being driven to. I am sure she will be back soon, gleaming!:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by EARTHed (Post 2257182)
Hello KPS. Today I saw you driving this car in Jayamahal area. Superb job done! clap:I know where she was being driven to. I am sure she will be back soon, gleaming!:thumbs up

Happy you liked it. The colour and size of the car makes the difference. We plan to use the car more often (early morning runs mainly)

It was my dad driving to the local workshop for door setting, some alignment of panels, paint touch up and final polishing. This is two day job but we will be bring the car back home in the evening for safety.

Cheers

KPS

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 2250721)
Currently we are working on a badge bar customized for this car keeping in mind the Pilot Lamp in the front.
KPS

that would be overdoing it, why not simply make larger dia clamps and put the badges on the pilot ray light bar on either side of the lamp?

I had a 1931 1/2 Chrysler CM6, D.W Phaeton which i painted the exact colour combination as your car in about 1994,except my grille slats were also red to match the wheels.clap:
these firedome sixes are nice cars to drive

@KPS: Arun too saw the car. He was literally speechless! He even took his parents to the garage to show the car! :D

He was lucky enough to meet your Dad there. You Dad too seem to be keen on small Vintage car meets, may be in some public place like Cubbon Park rather than Star Hotels!

I know you are very busy professionally, but hope people like you revive the Vintage car scene in Bangalore, soon!:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by awini (Post 2257388)
that would be overdoing it, why not simply make larger dia clamps and put the badges on the pilot ray light bar on either side of the lamp?

I had a 1931 1/2 Chrysler CM6, D.W Phaeton which i painted the exact colour combination as your car in about 1994,except my grille slats were also red to match the wheels.clap:
these firedome sixes are nice cars to drive

We plan to mount 6 badges and we did explore the option as suggested by you but we did not want to clutter the ray light. Once done I will put up the pictures and I will look forward for your comments on how it looks.

The Chrysler being top of the line of DPCD must have been a wonderful. Can you post a picture of the car should you have one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkykar (Post 2257440)
@KPS: Arun too saw the car. He was literally speechless! He even took his parents to the garage to show the car! :D

He was lucky enough to meet your Dad there. You Dad too seem to be keen on small Vintage car meets, may be in some public place like Cubbon Park rather than Star Hotels!

I know you are very busy professionally, but hope people like you revive the Vintage car scene in Bangalore, soon!:thumbs up

Happy to see the enthusiasm of Arun and it was kind of his parents to come to see the car. A lady of the house coming is always an honour.

I recently met with some committee members and suggest we should do some low cost events where most of the expenses could be met by the members who participate. However I understand that the Police Commissioner is not too keen to give permission. Secondly KVCCC wants to hold high profile events only and getting sponsors in todays condition is difficult task.

However I have been speaking to some members for some early morning drives. Most are busy till the March year end (including me). Hopefully we will get something going.

Cheers

KPS, did see the car close up along with your Dad recently, but after going through all the photographs and posts here am amazed at the transformation to the car, since you had purchased it. Kudos to you and Mr. Ganapathi!!
I am amazed to see the effort and dedication put in by you both.

Cheers
Adhir

Kudos to you for such a beautiful restoration. The work is perfect :) How much did the restoration cost you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by _raVan_ (Post 2521137)
Kudos to you for such a beautiful restoration. How much did the restoration cost you?

How much one should spend on a restoration is a question never easily answered. I bought this car in January 2009. The global markets were gloomy and i got some good deals on ebay. For example the radiator cap which is a flying goddess was procured for $100. When the global markets picked up in between the cheapest you would got this was $150 with some pieces more than $200.

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc02928.jpg
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc02929.jpg

Similar there are things like the trumpet horns, period luggage box or white wall tyres (Rs. 23000 each) many may not have opted to procure. Leather seats could cost between 75-100K. I have rexin seats which costed 12K

The trick in vintage restoration is to buy things which will enhance the value of the car. Secondly one must avoid non-period items or modification with Deluxe trims for a standard car etc. Some times people go over board and spend too much money on the restoration where if they try to sell the car they would not be able to recover the restoration cost let alone the purchase price of the car. Never do restoration just for the bling effect.

Hence on a restoration of a car of this class you could spend between 3-7.50 lakhs just on restoration.

Cheers

KPS

Here are the pictures of the car as seen by us for the first time in Bellary on 18th January 2009. The car had been with one family 75+ years and we are honoured to be the current custodians of this car.

Our first sight of the car. She had not been used since the 1970's and was remarkably complete for a car not in used for 35+ years
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc01105.jpg

Close up of the front
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc01104.jpg

The rear shows the modifications done to carry the extra fuel cans behind the number plate. The rear hitch can also be seen. Had the caravan/trailer survived we would have retained the hitch/cans setting
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc01108.jpg

The Dash was intact
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc01120.jpg

Confirmation that she was a seven passenger
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc01125.jpg

The engine was intact
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dsc01129.jpg

Cheers

KPS

You have achieved a superb restoration on this car.

She is indeed in a pretty good shape for a car stored for such a long time.

Was she stored fro all the 35 years in the open covered with a tarp or was she stored indoors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasif (Post 2524693)
You have achieved a superb restoration on this car.
She is indeed in a pretty good shape for a car stored for such a long time.
Was she stored fro all the 35 years in the open covered with a tarp or was she stored indoors.

Thanks Wasif. I understand only in the last 10 years she was out in the open. For some years the car was between two buildings hence had some protection from the side. The last few years, possibly 5 years it was in the open as seen in the pictures. Luckily Bellary is extremely dry and hence the car did not rot.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 2524987)
Thanks Wasif. I understand only in the last 10 years she was out in the open. For some years the car was between two buildings hence had some protection from the side. The last few years, possibly 5 years it was in the open as seen in the pictures. Luckily Bellary is extremely dry and hence the car did not rot.

Cheers

And it must have been in a relativly safe place away from kids and vandals who would have destroyed the glass and other stuff. Seeing that all the gauges and even the hubcaps were intact it was definitely stored in a private place.

How is she driving these days.....did you guys get to finish work on your dads Chrysler

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasif (Post 2525393)
And it must have been in a relativly safe place away from kids and vandals who would have destroyed the glass and other stuff. Seeing that all the gauges and even the hubcaps were intact it was definitely stored in a private place.
How is she driving these days.....

Yes she was in a private compound and no one was allowed to meddle with this car. The family was very private and did not allow any stranger any where near the car. That is why very few people had actually seen this car and no one really was given an opportunity to buy this car. People very vaguely aware that a old car exists in the compound. Guess we got lucky.

She is driving well. Waiting for a rally in Bangalore :Frustrati

Cheers

KPS

Nice to see this thread active again. The old pics you posted are too good. She was actually so well preserved. Lucky car actually!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 2526275)
Waiting for a rally in Bangalore :Frustrati
Cheers
KPS

Please take an initiative! You have all the experience to conduct regular rallies. We all will help you. Let the participants be true enthusiasts with no formalities.