Team-BHP - Triumph CTT 500cc OHV ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Pre-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/)
-   -   Triumph CTT 500cc OHV ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/76614-triumph-ctt-500cc-ohv.html)

Friends,

Look what I found recently........locally from a place near Mangalore.
The bike was not in use since 1981. Picture speaks more.....please let me know exactly which model it is.

Engine head, headlight, carburetor, one silencer and many many parts missing.

It will be one of the toughest project and any help sourcing parts will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

After some reaserch, I found this

1930 Triumph Model CTT 500cc OHV Solo

Does it make sense ?

Congrats Girish: Its missing both the cylinder and the head. It sure gonna be one tough project but what the hell it is not impossible. All the very best.

Need to find another donor bike to make this happen. Might want to look overseas as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by girishpv (Post 1762713)
Look what I found recently........locally from a place near Mangalore.
The bike was not in use since 1981. Picture speaks more.....please let me know exactly which model it is.
Engine head, headlight, carburetor, one silencer and many many parts missing.
It will be one of the toughest project and any help sourcing parts will be highly appreciated.

Girish,
Have you actually bought this bike??! Wow, that itself is a really brave step! :D

It sure is missing quite a lot, as pat mentioned.

Good luck with the resto!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuffRyder (Post 1762989)
Congrats Girish: Its missing both the cylinder and the head. It sure gonna be one tough project but what the hell it is not impossible. All the very best.

Thanks Pat, with all help from the experts will make it possible

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 1763095)
Need to find another donor bike to make this happen. Might want to look overseas as well.

True, any help would be highly WELCOMED

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1763103)
Girish,
Have you actually bought this bike??! Wow, that itself is a really brave step! :D

It sure is missing quite a lot, as pat mentioned.

Good luck with the resto!

Yes, Stanher.......sometime, I , myself think it was a brave step.
Will visit Hyd soon for hunting parts

I know this is the toughest project for me, but as Pat said nothing is impossible and also I am 100% sure all fellow experts will help me in this regard.
:D

That is indeed going to be a challenging restoration and I am not sure you will find a donor bike or similar partis in India.

It is a very early bike and as much is missingit would be a great idea to look on the Triumph bike forums for help.

The consolation is that the major parts like the frame, forks and rims etc are all accounted or.

Does it have any papers or reg no ?

On a lighter note, hope the bottle of Vat69 behind the bike in the first pic was included in the deal to fortify you for the daunting task ahead.
You would have to be either very brave or very stupid to take up this project or like me, both of the above!
Good luck , successful scavenging and look forward to seeing you riding your new acquisition,TRIUMPHantly down the road in the not-so-distant future because it's dreamers like you who can make something out of virtually nothing!
Godspeed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasif (Post 1763217)
That is indeed going to be a challenging restoration and I am not sure you will find a donor bike or similar partis in India.

It is a very early bike and as much is missingit would be a great idea to look on the Triumph bike forums for help.

The consolation is that the major parts like the frame, forks and rims etc are all accounted or.

Does it have any papers or reg no ?

I know it will be quite challenging restoration. I am sure some parts we can find in India.
Already registered in couple of Triumph forums, hope to get some help.

Yes, papers are there, but I haven't seen it, its North Karnataka registered bike.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 911987 (Post 1763293)
On a lighter note, hope the bottle of Vat69 behind the bike in the first pic was included in the deal to fortify you for the daunting task ahead.
You would have to be either very brave or very stupid to take up this project or like me, both of the above!
Good luck , successful scavenging and look forward to seeing you riding your new acquisition,TRIUMPHantly down the road in the not-so-distant future because it's dreamers like you who can make something out of virtually nothing!
Godspeed!

The VAT69 bottle is modified to pour petrol and connect pipe direct to the filter/carburetor, so no waste of petrol in the tank......we call it as Glucose bottle

You can say BRAVE AND STUPID......let me give a try, if not nothing big to loose.......
We all live in a dream world.

Thanks

Girishbhai,

Congrats on your purchase and courage. It is precisely when you buy such junks specially when they are a rare item that all efforts become worth it. If you got a 350cc BSA in this condition, I would say that you sell it for parts. But a rare bike like this, well go ahead and do it. This is the way to obtain valuable stuff at reasonable pricing. No doubt parts and efforts will cost, but this bike in show room condition would cost a bomb.

I have a similar bike. When bought, it was complete. The mechanic dismantled it, lost parts, left his premises due to redevelopment of property with no forwarding address. And no refund of money paid.:Frustrati Sounds familiar?

Well we hunted for an engine and got it 25 years later in Hyderabad at a cost of more than half of what the bike cost me. But now my bike gets done. In between I almost gave up and was willing to part as someone had a suitable but different engine. We have some parts left over, next time in India please meet our common friend in Pune.

BTW, I hope that the registration books will be complete with fitness stamp!!:uncontrol

Cheers on a good purchase. harit

Quote:

Originally Posted by harit (Post 1763613)
Girishbhai,

Congrats on your purchase and courage. It is precisely when you buy such junks specially when they are a rare item that all efforts become worth it. If you got a 350cc BSA in this condition, I would say that you sell it for parts. But a rare bike like this, well go ahead and do it. This is the way to obtain valuable stuff at reasonable pricing. No doubt parts and efforts will cost, but this bike in show room condition would cost a bomb.

I have a similar bike. When bought, it was complete. The mechanic dismantled it, lost parts, left his premises due to redevelopment of property with no forwarding address. And no refund of money paid.:Frustrati Sounds familiar?

Well we hunted for an engine and got it 25 years later in Hyderabad at a cost of more than half of what the bike cost me. But now my bike gets done. In between I almost gave up and was willing to part as someone had a suitable but different engine. We have some parts left over, next time in India please meet our common friend in Pune.

BTW, I hope that the registration books will be complete with fitness stamp!!:uncontrol

Cheers on a good purchase. harit

Harit saab,

Thanks for the encouragement......( I was waiting)

Yes, its an rare bike so thought of going for it. As I said earlier, no harm in trying if not nothing BIG to loose.

Very happy to know that you have the similar bike, at least if no parts available can replicate from yours.....:D

I am already in process of contacting few clubs worldwide and one friend from NZ said he will help his best to find few parts.

Sure will meet the friend and see what he can help in parts.

Yes, the RC book is intact with updated TAX and Fitness......:uncontrol

regards

Girish congrats on the purchase. Why do you feel it's an OVH? Did the old owner tell you so? Can you please post a closeup photo of the cam followers?
regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar (Post 1765332)
Girish congrats on the purchase. Why do you feel it's an OVH? Did the old owner tell you so? Can you please post a closeup photo of the cam followers?
regards

Thanks.
No we just guessed, that's why asked Tbhp experts of their opinion.

Any ways, we located Chassis and Engine number of the same, will post tomorrow.

Sure, will post more closeup photo's

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar (Post 1765332)
regards

Hey deutscheafrikar do you think that it is a sidevalve piece? Because mine is!!

Cheers harit

Congrats Girish on this great find. A 500 cc is definitely very rare. All the best on this project.

Mr. Harit, request you to post the pictures of the similar bike you own. It would be exciting to seeing how Girish's would eventually look.

regards