Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2012, 20:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Man killed for asking motorcycle riders to ride safely

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2012 at 15:27.
BinFord is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th November 2012, 01:24   #17
BHPian

Deeply depressing news. Where are we headed to as a society? It all comes to lack of courtesy or even basic human consideration. It is the way we are brought up. I dont give a damn about others and it is all about me, myself. I am always correct. I am a superman. We are not thought to identify our limitations. It is beyond the road behavior. I can drive in opposite direction on a highway because I am an expert driver. My folks have just bought me a two wheeler and I have the right to go at insane speeds. If you meet with an accident. I am a super driver and you caused the accident. The problem is inscribed deep into the culture and mindset. Only stringent law/fines can change it. A 2000 rupees fine for driving on the opposite side of the traffic will solve the problem. Similarly introduce fines for every offence. The fear of fines should solve the "ATTITUDE PROBLEM" on the road.
Old 18th November 2012, 10:09   #18
BHPian

Hubris. The problem is hubris. In a pack (pardon the metaphor) and especially under the influence, it is impossible to see reason. Hence the rage at a voice which has just been proved right, especially at the expense of people who probably thought they were kings of the world.

In my opinion (and I'd fully understand if people took offense with it; none intended by the way), the only way to tackle this problem is to remind these cretins of their own mortality. Make an example out of one, the rest fall in line.
Old 18th November 2012, 11:54   #19
BHPian

RIP!

This one of the sad state (not talking of any "Indian states") in India! People do not appreciate if someone is advising for their own good.

Every time I see a motorcyclist riding without helmet / making kids sit in the front (fuel tank), feels like putting a garland and taking a photo of them. Give the photo immediately to them, ask them to enlarge and hang it at home.

Old 18th November 2012, 13:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Its not the issue with two wheeler riders per se. Its the mentality of a certian class of people who believe might is right and they can get away with anything.
What can we do about it? Sadly nothing I guess. What is the point in trying to educate a fellow road user on his/her driving habits? It may lead to similar escalation or worse similar consequence.
What I am doing is ignoring such people, however if he falls and injures himself or dies, his choice, his consequence and therefore his problem. I am not even making a courtsey call to the police or the ambulance.
Old 18th November 2012, 14:07   #21
BHPian

A very sad incident. There are a few factors associated with this: absolutely no fear of the law, lack of discipline (which points to bad upbringing). Discipline cannot be taught in schools via sports or anything else, it begins at home when one is a toddler. The way you are raised in the primary years becomes the basis of the rest of your life. I strongly advocate harshest punishment possible for these rogues. We are too soft as a state, whether it is dealing with road rowdies or terrorists.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks