Re: Woman on Scooty cheats death! Accident caught on CCTV

That lady definitely qualifies for the Darwin Award
Mortis is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 21:22   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
This is how people drive 2-wheelers now and have taken for granted that they will not be punished by anybody, but death is the only punishment for such irresponsible people. Bangalore is again leading by example on this front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Absolutely, nobody has to punish drivers without common sense because they always will be one step ahead and sign their own death warrants. I recall a joke that sometimes like car manufacturers, god recalls some defective pieces of his. This is not to undermine lives lost due to the negligence of another party, but by some drivers themselves due to their absolute lack of thinking and the sense of superiority when strapped to the seats of their vehicles and riding at speeds which would put light at shame. .....

One thing is, i wish to have these autos removed from the roads because at their current prices, i feel they are just being a hindrance. I just think that they place their brains at home near their pooja/devotion rooms inside jars for safekeeping. Explains about their driving manners on road now, doesn't it? I just want to ask a driver who drives real stupid whether he is a professional moron, or just a gifted amateur.
I completely agree that the accident that is caught in the video is due to the mistake / stupidity of the lady on the scooter . Surviving it is just a miracle.
And i believe that the truck driver did not stop because he dint realize that he hit some bike ( strange ) !

However mentioning that " Death is the only punishment " , " god recalls " is quite insensitive. Death / accident or any of those things is a tragedy. It happens due to many reasons including a stranger's mistake or idiocy. But on the other side , may be the lady was going to see her husband in the medical college who is in a critical state or she was absolutely off her mind or something which as a viewer of the video cannot depict .

I am not mentioning that jumping a signal or violating any of traffic rules can be excused with any reason. But hey we all are human beings and may be that the only one time when we do a mistake due to the above mentioned reasons become fatal to us or other road users .

Incidents of this kind are something which should make us the viewers aware of the consequences of negligence on the road and how important is it to obey the traffic rules ( irrespective of if we drive a car / bus / truck / auto or even as a pedestrian ).

Death is a reality that any human being is afraid of . Most of the times it comes as a surprise. Lets just hope that we don't become the reason for such a surprise to anyone.

Cheers
Old 7th March 2013, 21:45   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Parag Holkar drops the following message:

Quote:
Anyway theres a running thread 'woman cheats death'. As Blue Thunder has asked is it a creative video? I being from nagpur would say that this accident has actually happened. Even Rudra sir asked if any one from nagpur can add something. I want to add that just the next day i.e. monday there was a similar accident involving a woman and her daughter riding pillion. They jumped red signal and got caught unedr the wheels of a bus on the left side after their scooter skidded. The woman died on the spot and her daughter declared brought dead at the hospital. The woman didnt have a driving license moreso. Heres the link to the news: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/18824061.cms If you want you can put this up at the existing thread. These are so common accidental mistakes that happen all throughout india, most of the times these thing are ignored as 'chalta hai yaar' and sometimes turn up fatal. But if right driving is taught at home it can go a long way in improving the overall quality. Its just like when we learn to ride a bicycle we will never ever forget for life, the same goes for good driving and riding. Thanks and regards, Parag Holkar
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 22:59   #64
BHPian

Trucks and buses have a huge blind spot on the LHS front bottom. (WRT RHS driving). I experience this when a school bus brushed my Swift VDi and didnt stop. I stay near podar school and there are 200 buses coming in and going out every day. I stopped the bus called the manager and the bus driver didnt even know what was happening. The driver was apologetic and the manager repaired the car in 2 days he even fixed old dents for free.

The bus driver with the huge blind spot and the deafening sound of engine in cabin wont realize a small nudge which can cause a lot of damage.

The noise level in theses vehicles are loud enough for a deaf person to cover his ears. (experienced BEST buses while getting down anyone?)

Probably the truck driver didnt even know what happened unless he watches the video.
Old 8th March 2013, 14:15   #65
Senior - BHPian

This lady can walk away with Darwin award.
I see no clarity in the statement of Parag Holkar (in the GTO's post) as merely there is another accident at the same spot does not prove the Ist accident. Anyway I am not here to doubt anything but just highlighting the fact that there are no details about the first incident other than that there is a second incident at the same spot.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 15:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Parag Holkar drops the following message:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parag Holkar View Post
...I being from nagpur would say that this accident has actually happened....
Thanks for the update, Parag Holkar / GTO !

I am still curious to know the fate of the truck driver.
Old 9th March 2013, 03:38   #67
BHPian

Oh man !! She is one helluva lucky lady. She must thank all her stars for such a miraculous escape.

No disrespect intended, but some women in metros have very poor traffic sense, especially the ones on 2 wheelers. See them inviting trouble time and again and sadly its the guys at the receiving end who get reprimanded
Old 10th March 2013, 09:54   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Oh man !! She is one helluva lucky lady. She must thank all her stars for such a miraculous escape.

No disrespect intended, but some women in metros have very poor traffic sense, especially the ones on 2 wheelers. See them inviting trouble time and again and sadly its the guys at the receiving end who get reprimanded
Its not the women or gender thing mate. In my experience the majority of male drivers/riders in Bengaluru are total morons. I had one such middle aged 'gentleman' rider cut across my car from my left hand side rear (blind spot), across my bonnet to go right, and once he cut across my bonnet he braked, so naturally in spite of my quick braking, his bike got a hit from my bumper, and he fell down. When I asked him why this stunt, his answer was: 'Oh i thought your car wouldn't be this fast, hence I thought I could quickly cut across'
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 20:16   #69
BHPian

What a stupid rider! I really hope she gets punished for such a retarded move. My support to that truck driver who probably got thrashed, arrested and extorted by our system.
Old 10th March 2013, 20:48   #70
Senior - BHPian

You know, it's not very uncommon to find people like this. Here in Pune, lots of 2 wheeler riders will cut you off like this. So all I can say is that the woman should thank her stars that she came out of this alive. And had the guts to run after the truck even after such a near miss

EDIT: It's also not really gender specific or age specific behaviour either. With due respect to all those who drive nicely; I have seen all sorts of people and all ages of people indulge in such rash driving (in Pune at-least). In Pune you get an added flavour of the these people bad mouthing you then and there as if you are only at fault.

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 10th March 2013 at 20:55. Reason: Edit added
Old 11th March 2013, 01:55   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Its not the women or gender thing mate.
2 wheelers are a total mess in Bangalore regardless of who is riding. While men are rash, women are careless. Traffic sense is getting worse with each passing day.
Old 12th March 2013, 11:17   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
And i believe that the truck driver did not stop because he dint realize that he hit some bike ( strange ) !
In a vehicle with a noisy engine and a bumpy ride, the driver wouldn't even be aware that there was an accident. Even so, many 2-wheelers crash into 4-wheelers and they just drive away as though nothing happened. I once spotted a motorcycle that was tail-gating a car, and the motorcyle didn't stop in time and knocked the tail light with its knee-guard.

We have lots of folk who cause accidents and demand compensation for their folly, and I've been targeted by one such bloke too, who thought getting a mob at the site of the accident, calling the cops, and issuing a death threat would turn things in his favor.
Old 23rd March 2013, 12:02   #73
Senior - BHPian

When I turned 18 and took my driving test I was absolutely shocked at how lame and simple it was: A dirt track with figures of eight blah blah? You just have to slot the thing into first and float around the track. Some people even fail that, and they're allowed a SECOND TRY?!?! When will we realize that having a license should be a display of your ability to be able to share and use a road occupied by other vehicles IT SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN OUT TO ANY NUT WHO KNOWS HOW TO START AN ENGINE AND MOVE!!
Old 23rd March 2013, 13:50   #74
Senior - BHPian

That Lady should look at this video if she has not to realize what she missed. She had the nerve to run behind the truck which means she is almost unhurt.

I see these types of drivers every single day and shake my head in disbelief on how they test their luck every single time they step out. Be it jaywalkers, cyclists etc. They decide in an instant to jump on the highway or take a left or a right.

Its unbelievable and its incredible india at its best.

The biggest thing to shock tourists in India is our traffic.

Read this - http://jalopnik.com/a-guide-to-drivi...ying-262254628
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:50   #75
BHPian

Hi gaaij,
Came across this post a tad late.

This accident hasnt happened in nagpur. this was in Silvassa, in union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
This is nothing new in Silvassa, with a lot of people just buying motorcycles, scooters and cars because they have more money than common sense, there is an average of 2 to 3 accidents in Silvassa every day with atleast 70 percent of the monthly average turning fatal.

The fault most of the times is of the tribals who have moved into the city after selling off their lands to industrialists and just dont know what to do with the money. Being illiterate (most of them) they think it is their right to drive/ride a vehicle the way they want to and since they are the locals, even if it is their fault, the person on the recieving end is usually the outsider.

I travel to Khanvel, the corner of D & NH before it merges into Talasari - Maharashtra, every day since the last 7 years and I've seen them all. Some are lucky to survive, the others not so lucky. Our factory vehicles have met with accidents like these when the local kiddo wanna bes on jap crap want to wedge between a Mahindra Bolero and the divider where there is barely enough room for a hair to pass. Add to that, all the trucks running on the right of the road and all the cars on the left and you have the perfect recipe for an accident for anyone who wants to prove his right of way. Sprinkle into this a generous amount of stray cows, pigs, dogs and donkeys and you couldnt ask for anything better.

Another mentality in Silvassa is "usne mere ko overtake kaise kiya?" and when egos clash, it is best to slow down, show a turn indicator and get to the side of the road till the fast and the furious guy is out of your vision. In my opinion one of the worst places to drive into or from.

Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th April 2013 at 13:00. Reason: Adding some line spacing for readability.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks