Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2016, 10:53   #91
BHPian

Re: Help reqd - long distance touring odds and ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Phamilyman, A rider then needs to hire a truck to carry all that along for his riding trip
Au contraire...I actually do carry pretty much 80% of that list just for my 3 day trips around the south as I most often ride alone. Its only stuff like the mseal which probably wont work on the 390's tank anyway!!! Im sure there are a lot of older riders who'll get nostalgic with the thought of the roller skate knee pads though. We younger lot are just lucky that we have harley davidson apparel with built in knee and hip pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Thanks for the list. Its definitely a lot of food for thought and Im glad I started thinking about things this early on.
Old 29th June 2016, 11:10   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help reqd - long distance touring odds and ends

For the people on Dukes, I would suggest the following

1. Brake levers, both front and rear
2. Clutch lever
3. Gear lever set, the one which projects out of gearbox along with the rod end bearings and tie rod.
4. Screws and nuts, M6 thro M10. For quick fixes. D's are notorious to shed some screws.
5. Duct tapes.
Old 30th June 2016, 04:57   #93
BHPian

Some of the odd things I carry beyond obvious:
- small plastic bottle of hand sanitizer (always keep in riding pants & not the jacket)
- rubber bands & a length of thin plastic rope (like they use to tie up cardboard boxes)
- lighter ( I am a non smoker but this is for any melting job, illumination n making friends with the usual smoking biker)
- hard candies (usually fruit & coffee flavour - for self n for kids enroute)
- strip of radium
- cutter
- insulation tape
- large dustbin bags
- small plastic /ziplock bag in jacket pocket for the odd shower of rain
- small packets of electral
shaikhmimran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 18:19   #94

What is your long ride routine?

Hey guys! I recently started doing long distance bike rides and got my first hands to go to the Rider Mania fest in Vagator. This got me thinking, to those who have been doing long rides for a while, how do you guys prepare and plan your day through and make the ride itself enjoyable and are there any unique practices to be followed before going on a ride ( group rides ).
Old 22nd December 2022, 08:59   #95
Senior - BHPian

Re: What is your long ride routine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarangcrystal View Post
Hey guys! I recently started doing long distance bike rides and got my first hands to go to the Rider Mania fest in Vagator. This got me thinking, to those who have been doing long rides for a while, how do you guys prepare and plan your day through and make the ride itself enjoyable and are there any unique practices to be followed before going on a ride ( group rides ).
Take it slow rather than diving straight into water; what I mean is, start doing hourly trips followed by half a day trip to a day's trip to build confidence & endurance.

For instance, you can start with Ernakulam to Thrissur & back, then EKM - Thrissur - Palakkad - Coimbatore & back, then attempt EKM to Munnar - Kodi - Dindigul - Madurai - Kodiyakarai & back (this should be multi day trip)

This is the easiest way to do is my humble opinion; if you plunge directly into multi day, problem will be, that trip will either make you if you endure or break you if you don't making you love or hate motorcycling trips.

Good luck
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks