Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2009, 19:17   #4231
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that! Wishful thinking at its best. Well, not just that, but many are without mud flaps. This means, even if they are working, they often have a thick layer of mud on them. And if it isn't bad enough, they even splash copious layers of mud on YOUR headlamps which will force you to drive blind. Couple of times this was so bad that I had to drive behind the truck itself, as my headlamps were so badly covered in mud, no light was getting on the road.

It is too much to even expect the bare basics like mud flaps on vehicles, in India.
Old 19th December 2009, 19:38   #4232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive View Post

Some thing wrong with Noida these days, I saw this today morning at Sec 37 crossing. Thank God no Vehicle underneath this monster. This monster was loaded with Cement.
there is nothing wrong with noida, its just that when dumb *$%^s are given a set of wheels, and when they get excited and don't concentrate on the job they are supposed to do, these accidents happen.

ac
Old 19th December 2009, 20:01   #4233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
If anyone in INDIA is driving behind a truck expecting its tail lamps to function then it is wishful thinking to a large extent.
correct. Driving schools should tell these type things to learner drivers.

Quote:

God save our country !
How can he? where people do not knows rules for pedestrain it self.

Quote:
This is the only correct expression for each and every accident.
Old 19th December 2009, 20:17   #4234
BHPian

Here's a ghastly scene I caught some years ago on Delhi-Chadigarh stretch. This poor soul tried to cover some fast distance in a foggy night--apparently trying to make best of the upcoming long weekend--and hit a stationary truck. The speedo of his Pulsar was frozen at 70kmph and his co-rider was apparently critical but alive in the nearby hospital.

Link to the picture

Last edited by Dippy : 24th December 2009 at 09:17. Reason: Adding a link to the picture instead of displaying it on the forum since some members might find it disturbing to view
Old 19th December 2009, 20:24   #4235
BHPian

Thats one fatal one.Still asking , did this guy eventually make it?
Old 19th December 2009, 21:00   #4236
BHPian

By the looks of it i dont think so:(.
But i really hope he survived.
Old 19th December 2009, 21:08   #4237
BHPian

no. both guys eventually died. One more tragic aspect was that this happened because trucks were stopped at a 'chungi' going into the territory of another state. I was told that both sides of the police posts tried to push the case onto each other delaying the swift movement required to get them to the hospital. The one pictured here died before the resolution on jurisdiction was reached while the other one was very critical and also died later. Sad :-(
Old 19th December 2009, 21:12   #4238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Thats one fatal one.Still asking , did this guy eventually make it?
you mean the co rider or the guy in the photo
the guy in the photo is dead -i dont think hes lying there and posing for photos for the local newspaper
Old 19th December 2009, 21:19   #4239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
i dont think hes lying there and posing for photos for the local newspaper
Haha!!you are a funny guy.
Actually people do get knocked off after an accidents and can recover later.I have seen worse accidents than these where people get knocked off only to recuperate in the hospital.
Old 19th December 2009, 21:55   #4240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
One of my friend a youngester who was in 26 th year. he hails from thrissur and had completed his Masters in Business Administartion.
Now I don't know what to type here.......
That's a very tragic incident. My heart felt for his family. It's another case of same damn standing truck without parking light.

God knows how to make these illiterate truckers understand the importance of parking lights.

May god give his family strength to overcome this terrible situation.
God bless them.
Old 19th December 2009, 21:56   #4241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Haha!!you are a funny guy.
Actually people do get knocked off after an accidents and can recover later.I have seen worse accidents than these where people get knocked off only to recuperate in the hospital.
+1 on that. I had stopped by to help a rickshawallah on NH8 couple of months back who was hit by some big vehicle and was lying on the road motionless but when we called the ambulance and while he was being put on the stretcher he came into full senses but was in lot of pain.

He survived but had lost lot of blood.
Old 19th December 2009, 22:32   #4242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopoe View Post
Here's a ghastly scene I caught some years ago on Delhi-Chadigarh stretch. This poor soul tried to cover some fast distance in a foggy night--apparently trying to make best of the upcoming long weekend--and hit a stationary truck. The speedo of his Pulsar was frozen at 70kmph and his co-rider was apparently critical but alive in the nearby hospital.
All words are silent and all feelings are freeze for this type of accidents. This is not a ‘Bad Luck’ also but a direct invitation to death.
Surprisingly pillion rider was also enjoying driver’s foolishness!!
Quote:
I was told that both sides of the police posts tried to push the case onto each other delaying the swift movement required to get them to the hospital. (
They are habitual for these scenario.
Old 19th December 2009, 22:34   #4243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
+1 on that. I had stopped by to help a rickshawallah on NH8 couple of months back who was hit by some big vehicle and was lying on the road motionless but when we called the ambulance and while he was being put on the stretcher he came into full senses but was in lot of pain.

He survived but had lost lot of blood.
Thats kind of you harish to help the autowallah.

Yeah, thats why we should also make it a point to address the victim as soon as possible irrespective of what state he is in.
Old 19th December 2009, 22:57   #4244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The speedo of his Pulsar was frozen at 70kmph and his co-rider was apparently critical but alive in the nearby hospital.
That's a Passion,not a Pulsar.
May their souls RIP
Old 19th December 2009, 23:26   #4245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats kind of you harish to help the autowallah.

Yeah, thats why we should also make it a point to address the victim as soon as possible irrespective of what state he is in.
Thanks. It's also because someone unknown has always been there to help me whenever i've met with accidents. BTW i've met with 6 major life threatening accidents with my fault in only one of them and the worst being when my car turned turtle thrice. I had posted my pics of that accident in this thread about 6 months back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks