Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 20:32   #11041
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

The cross roads beneath this flyover is another mad place. It is the landing place of the ORR and there are no traffic signals. I have noticed that vehicles from the ORR try to continue at the same high speeds and make their way through this circle. And it is frequented by hundreds of buses taking employees to the IT companies. And you can spot many number of near misses if you just watch for a few minutes.
Old 7th May 2012, 21:47   #11042
Senior - BHPian

On my way back from chennai to hosur, I saw a accident just a minute or 2 after the impact.

A simpleton/villager on his suzuki max100 was coming from the right side of the expressway, crossed 2 (opposite side) lanes and didnt wait for my side of the 2 lanes to clear up, usually 2 wheelers just sideswipe their way into the main stream traffic, but this poor Skoda Rapid (KA Regn#) guy with full family, ladies and kids inside was doing easily 80+, didnt brake on time - took out the impatient bike rider. Skodas front went for a toss, rider was thrown head long into a-pillar and windshield and his head opened up in a gross way... poor skoda dude was shivering and by the time I arrived there help was on the way and I didnt have much role to play, drove on...

I am pretty sure the victim didnt make it, it was pretty ghastly, i will look into my local papers tommorow and if true, post it here. Sigh!

PS - On my way from chennai I read somewhere "To save a minute, dont waste a life" - how true!

Edit - Spot - from shoolagiri -> Hosur/Bangy, just a Km after the McDonalds/CCD (IOC) petrol bunk...

Last edited by svsantosh : 7th May 2012 at 21:49.
Old 7th May 2012, 23:34   #11043
Senior - BHPian

We are not even out of BMW-Indigo CS Crash, there was another BMW (5er) involved in a Crash today in Delhi, this time it rammed a Auto rickshaw. A lady teacher travelling in auto is injured, while Auto driver is Critical.
Old 8th May 2012, 09:32   #11044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
I am pretty sure the victim didnt make it, it was pretty ghastly, i will look into my local papers tommorow and if true, post it here. Sigh!
RIP - he died on the spot.

Man killed in a road accident

(Tamil local TV, just says he died, no pics/vid of the car bike)
Old 8th May 2012, 09:52   #11045
BHPian

Speed bhootiya strikes again!

Old 8th May 2012, 10:07   #11046

Hi no_boundaries... yes even I saw the incident too.

The actual reason the bike guy rammed into the truck is that the truck was reversing on the flyover!!!

Trucks are not allowed and the driver wanted to avoid going all the way over and then take a u-turn, so he just stupidly thought of reversing right on the flyover during the peak hour at 830am.

Drivers need sense!
Old 8th May 2012, 12:08   #11047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
You: Party one
The Insurer: Party Two
The other guy: Party Three
This is correct.
Quote:
Third-party insurance is about paying for the other guy's damage, to car, person, etc.
There are two part in third party.
Property : car, building, road etc...
Person: Any injury or death to human.

All third party insurance limits liability to property damage at 7.5 lacks. Unless of course you have explicitly taken more than this.

All person injury/death has no limit. Court will state the compensation. Insurance pays, what court orders.

Quote:
Yes, if you write off a Bently with your M800, and it is your fault, 3rd-party insurance should cover the bill.
May not cover full Bentley. Depends upon your insurance, if you have increased third party property limit, then yes. Otherwise, pay from your pocket!
Old 8th May 2012, 13:23   #11048
BHPian

Witnessed this Omni burining in front of my eyes an hour back at Kadri. I also have the video in which you can hear explosions. Seems to be another case of those LPG Omnis on fire. The news and pics are yet to appear in the local media.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image2014.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image2015.jpg  

Last edited by alstonlobo : 8th May 2012 at 13:24.
alstonlobo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2012, 14:21   #11049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHorse View Post
Hi no_boundaries... yes even I saw the incident too.

The actual reason the bike guy rammed into the truck is that the truck was reversing on the flyover!!!

Trucks are not allowed and the driver wanted to avoid going all the way over and then take a u-turn, so he just stupidly thought of reversing right on the flyover during the peak hour at 830am.

Drivers need sense!
Breaking the law seems to be an everyday affair for some. Just today morning around 7ish I saw a biker on the same flyover riding the opposite direction. He was riding as though he was oblivious to the on coming traffic.
God save the mankind from these fools.
Old 8th May 2012, 14:22   #11050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Witnessed this Omni burining in front of my eyes an hour back at Kadri. I also have the video in which you can hear explosions. Seems to be another case of those LPG Omnis on fire. The news and pics are yet to appear in the local media.

Here we go:

Mangalore: Omni in Flames - Late Fire Service, Extinguishers that Don't Work!

Mangalorean.Com- Serving Mangaloreans Around The World!
Old 8th May 2012, 15:19   #11051
BHPian

Even though there was so much of gap don't know what he was trying to do.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-funfromindia003.jpg
Old 8th May 2012, 19:02   #11052
BHPian

Why do speeding BMWs and Audis crash into rickshaws more than anything else in Delhi ? Is it because they are generally the ones who take the U turn first and then look, change lanes and then stare.

Last edited by prmd_cochin : 8th May 2012 at 19:05.
Old 8th May 2012, 21:01   #11053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
I was there when it all started. We just parked our car at Wines & Spiritz and saw people running towards the Omni on fire.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0343.jpg
I heard explosions too and was wondering what if the gas cylinder exploded. Explosions were probably of the tyres exploding.

By the time we finished, a large crowd had gathered and a couple of good fellows(looked like bus conductors) were trying to divert traffic from the spot. Good on them
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0344.jpg
I saw a fire truck racing towards the spot, probably from Pandeshwar Fire Station.

Meanwhile, I spotted you and your car not far from the spot .
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2770960
skanchan95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2012, 23:32   #11054
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw an accident on the Bellary road yesterday morning at around 9 am. near the IVRI Magic Box. A big trailer carrying a crane had somehow managed to jump the divider blocking both the to and fro lanes. Luckily the service lanes are available here. There was huge traffic pile up yesterday morning.

Could not click pics as I was driving alone. Did anybody manage a pic or more info on this.
Old 9th May 2012, 04:34   #11055
Distinguished - BHPian

Early morning chaos on NH8 Gurgaon Delhi eway,a Wagon R compressed between 2 trucks just after the exit for T3.Looking at the vehicle doesn't look like a good scene.No snap as it was ghastly.Ambulance and police were at scene.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks