Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2009, 22:59   #3976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post

The Car driver and his friends did not run away from the spot. They took the biker to the hospital, admitted him. The biker is battling for his life in the hospital. As per preliminary reports, the fiat Car Driver and his friends were drunk.
Well, at least they were sensible to do that rather than running away from the spot!
How does the Swift come into picture? Was it also part of the drunk-and-dragging-gang?

Sometimes I feel that it's better I don't shift to Bangalore at all!
Old 30th November 2009, 04:35   #3977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
- Could not resist myself to post it here ......

I have one last question, Mom.
Before I say good bye.
I didn't drink and drive,
So why am I the one to die?
It was very good!! These Drunken Rascals are Cold Blooded Killers!!
Old 30th November 2009, 11:39   #3978
BHPian

Anyone heard of a Volvo Bus accident near Coimbatore yesterday 29/11/2009, please update the details.
A Close friend of mine lost his Brother in Law in this accident.
Old 30th November 2009, 14:43   #3979
BHPian

Saw a truck full of bikes overturned yesterday morning on the ORR after Iblur Military camp when the road divides into 2 parts. The truck went over the mud in the centre of the road which is dug for the flyover pillars and had skidded. Could not take pictures as I was in a hurry.

Reflectors and a diversion board would have avoided this accident.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:17   #3980
BHPian

I saw a bad accident on the Eastern Express Highway on the way to work ~11.15 am (monday blues). It was on the opposite side of the highway and seemed like a dumper truck had smashed into the back of a private inter-city bus
Old 30th November 2009, 15:21   #3981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Well, at least they were sensible to do that rather than running away from the spot!
How does the Swift come into picture? Was it also part of the drunk-and-dragging-gang?
Police has complete different story on this. Please read the article in DH.

Arun’s friend Abhishek alleged that the policemen who rushed to the spot are trying to cover up the incident. “We all know that the drag racer who caused the accident is Jayanth but the police are claiming that one Aditya hit Arun Kumar. We came to know that Jayanth, son of an insurance company officer, did not have a driving licence and was under the influence of drug at the time of accident,” said Abhishek.

Youth injured in ‘drag race’

Last edited by arin_12 : 30th November 2009 at 15:24.
Old 30th November 2009, 16:20   #3982
BHPian

Anyone heard of a Volvo Bus accident near Coimbatore yesterday 29/11/2009, please update the details.

The bus was Volvo from KA RTC.This happened after the first toll on L&T bypass when coming from kerala.On seeing the scene what my friend told was that mistake was with the Bus driver. The lorry was towards the left and the bus banged in front of the lorry. Seeing the condition the two drivers must be spot out and recognizing their bodies will be a tough work for cops since the impact of accident was very high.The bus was plying in COCHIN-BLR route. Another driver told me that seeing the bus ,it can be claimed for a total loss.
waiting for pics and more news.
Old 30th November 2009, 16:37   #3983
BHPian

Quote:
Car Traveling at High Speed, Driver Lost Control of the Car, Result ---
Sarvodaya, How come you able to click so many accident pictures in Bangalore? Are you a journalist? Just curious.

BTW where is this accident happened?
Old 30th November 2009, 16:42   #3984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
*** OFFICIALS RESULTS OF BANGALORE GRAND PRIX 2009 ***

Attachment 236251
Attachment 236237
Attachment 236238
Attachment 236239
Attachment 236246
Attachment 236247
Attachment 236248
Attachment 236250

Will try to get the correct news. As per the current news, Fiat Liena Driver along with his friends was doing DRAG RACE at around 2.30 AM with another Car (reportedly Lancer). Fiat Driver tries to do a stunt at 120 KMPH by taking U Turn / Left Turn. At the corner of the road, a bike was parked and the biker was standing next to it on the foot path. The fiat first hit the electricity pole and then the bike and the biker.

The Car driver and his friends did not run away from the spot. They took the biker to the hospital, admitted him. The biker is battling for his life in the hospital. As per preliminary reports, the fiat Car Driver and his friends were drunk.

I am praying almighty for the life of the biker.
Here are more details of that crash - Techie turns speed demon, News - Latest - Bangalore Mirror,Bangalore Mirror
Old 30th November 2009, 17:09   #3985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
I saw a bad accident on the Eastern Express Highway on the way to work ~11.15 am (monday blues). It was on the opposite side of the highway and seemed like a dumper truck had smashed into the back of a private inter-city bus
I saw the accident too, i was on my way to the service center to get my car checked.
I managed to click some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00945.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00948.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00946.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00947.jpg  

Old 30th November 2009, 17:52   #3986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adishenoy View Post
I saw the accident too, i was on my way to the service center to get my car checked.
I managed to click some pics.
Yeah, thats the one. The bus driver must have braked for something and the dumper just rammed it at force.

Offlate i've been seeing many accidents on that stretch of the highway. Thrice in the last week, i've seen bike/scooter accidents when returning home from work. Many times it seems like one 2-wheeler banging into another and they seem get be more and more indisciplined everyday.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:12   #3987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Sarvodaya, How come you able to click so many accident pictures in Bangalore? Are you a journalist? Just curious.

BTW where is this accident happened?
Yes, I am working in Bangalore Mirror. This accident happened near Thiruvallur Statue, Ulsoor Road. I did not click the pictures. My colleagues clicked the picture.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:16   #3988
BHPian

clicked these pics while in an auto market in delhi ,dont knwo whether any survivors were there or not ,came for whole repair job ...

asked the owner of the shop he said we will fix it up in 1 month or so
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-281120092206.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-281120092207.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-281120092209.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-281120092210.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-281120092208.jpg  

Old 30th November 2009, 18:24   #3989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
From that News Report, how can the cops refuse to file a case really? And the culprits are still free to enjoy their lives while an innocent bystander is fighting for his life due to them.
Old 30th November 2009, 21:49   #3990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold class View Post

The bus was Volvo from KA RTC.This happened after the first toll on L&T bypass when coming from kerala.On seeing the scene what my friend told was that mistake was with the Bus driver. The lorry was towards the left and the bus banged in front of the lorry. Seeing the condition the two drivers must be spot out and recognizing their bodies will be a tough work for cops since the impact of accident was very high.The bus was plying in COCHIN-BLR route. Another driver told me that seeing the bus ,it can be claimed for a total loss.
waiting for pics and more news.
You are referring to the accident that happened this morning. The truck driver (also owner of the 4 month old truck) was my neighbour in Kerala and my brother's classmate.

They had paid the toll and just left the toll. It was shortly after 4.00 a.m. I think. The Karnataka RTC volvo bus came at a very high speed probably overtaking another vehicle and crashed into the truck which by then had moved to the shoulder of the road. The truck could not move further to its left because of the drop on the side of the road. The bus driver died on the spot. Both his legs were severed. The impact burst all the 6 tyres of the truck on the driver's side. The truck driver had his right leg severed. He was conscious for 10 minutes and then fell unconscious. He died 30 minutes later. They were able to extricate his body only by 9:30 a.m. The helper in the truck escaped with minor injuries. Another passenger of the bus also died (must be the broter-in-law of your friend) and a couple of more are in critical condition.

He is survived by his two small girl children, wife, parents and younger brother. Even as I type this they are getting his body home. His family has no idea that he is no more. They have been trying to prepare the family by telling them that he is quite serious. His brother who had travelled along with my brothers and a number of others from my place to Coimbatore, fainted when he heard the news and is hospitalized.

It has been a very tragic day. I still cannot come to terms with this.

Last edited by pjbiju : 30th November 2009 at 21:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks