Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2009, 23:05   #3961
Senior - BHPian

The Jazz seems to have held up pretty decently. What was the impact speed?
Old 28th November 2009, 23:14   #3962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
What do you do when you are rammed from behind by a lorry whilst standing at a traffic signal? No one sitting in the back seat, hence no causalities.

Damage: 1.2L

Attachment 235770

Attachment 235771
Quite bad- can happen to anybody.Hope the car gets repaired and back on the roads with insurance claims.The tailgate and rear windscreen need to be changed along with a few body panels.
Old 28th November 2009, 23:17   #3963
BHPian

Of late i have observing a lot of accidents in Chennai, I found driving in Chennai city to be very dangerous nowadays.

One can get into an accident (at very low speeds) due to silly bikers who cut across from any angles, auto, tata ace & share-autos (headlights/indicators missing) , transport buses (trying to sneak into all gaps).
Old 28th November 2009, 23:25   #3964
BHPian

This was an old snap in 2002 which happened when we were studying in Madras. The Estate was driven by me .

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ph2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ph4.jpg
Old 29th November 2009, 00:32   #3965
BHPian

Yes, that's our car.

Mr driver was in the car at the time. The truck was rolling to a halt, only it never did. It rammed once, and then rammed it again after the car flew forward. The damage seems to be only to the body panels, hopefully it hasn't affected the integrity of the chassis.

Insurance should cover most of it, the company is dealing with the finances so not much more information.

The driver of the truck paid some money to the cop and went on his way as i watched in disbelief at the station. When i protested, the cop said insurance would cover the damage and filing a case would take forever. Beat that. Not wanting to waste anymore time at the station i got the 'Accident Verification' certificate and left the rest to the company.

And here we are debating why our roads are so unsafe.
Old 29th November 2009, 03:42   #3966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How much of the road will you be able to see at night with MORONS on High Beams in HID pointing straight at you? You don't need serious speeds to have a crash like that.
The idea is not to drive faster than the speed at which you can stop if something turns up in the middle of the road. This isn't another vehicle pulling out of a side road; it is a stationary object!
Old 29th November 2009, 15:32   #3967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Its amazing how quickly we come to conclusions! We don't know what the car guy was doing.

How much of the road will you be able to see at night with MORONS on High Beams in HID pointing straight at you? You don't need serious speeds to have a crash like that. It can happen if you get blinded by the MORONS driving in high beam and you drive straight into that truck without even the slightest braking. Think about that.

-- Torqy
The car was on Mysore Road. It is a four way lane with a road divider in between. Chances of being blinded by High Beam Light by oncoming traffic is remote. Both the drivers of the truck and the car are at fault.

@Nitronium - Felt Sorry to hear about your car being rammed by lorry. Thank God it was a car. Imagine if it was a Two wheeler. Yes, this is day to day affair. Pay some tips to the law makers and go. In the end, we are the suffers for the mistakes commited by these morons.

Last edited by Sarvodaya : 29th November 2009 at 15:36.
Old 29th November 2009, 17:57   #3968
BHPian

Car Traveling at High Speed, Driver Lost Control of the Car, Result ---
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image.jpg  

Old 29th November 2009, 18:01   #3969
Senior - BHPian

yesterday night around 12.
there was an accident on the airport road Close to Columbia asia hospital
Involving a Zen, a huge crowd had gathered .
I never bothered to stop and take pics as i had to reach home since i was late
Old 29th November 2009, 19:58   #3970
BHPian

FWD (front wheel drive) + FE (front engine) + Front Disk Brakes (no rear disk) = Result as above
Old 29th November 2009, 20:10   #3971
BHPian

As per latest news, the driver of the Maruthi Zen tried to avoid a pedestrian in the wee hours. He applied the brakes resulting the car hitting the fence and turning over. He sustained minor injuries
Old 29th November 2009, 21:08   #3972
BHPian

I saw three accidents last week! First a maruti alto reduced to half its size by a speeding truck carrying liquid oxygen at a roundabout, a total loss case I guess. Second, a girl on Honda activa scooter had just waved off a lady with a child, while standing just ahead of a turn and started casually without even checking out if there was anyone coming from behind on the road, she got hit by a bike , both riders on the bike, the girl and both vehicles were on the ground.

Lastly on the highway just 5 mins before I reached there I saw an alto (again) bady damaged and a little crowd consoling two boys. Enquired about it and found that they just came straight to the middle of the road after having juice from a roadside vendor and were hit by a speeding scorpio, the driver did his best to save them but the brakes locked and he skid on to the alto which overturned. Heard that the boys were coming from a marriage party and were drunk too.

Luckily there were no casualties in all three accidents but it was surprising after seeing the condition of the car in the two accidents involving alto. Could not take pictures as I was not carrying a camera.

People have no sense on the highway, first they will stop at some wayside eatery and then they will straightway come to the middle of the road not even realising that the other vehicle may be coming 1t 100kmph and it will be difficult for him to dodge or brake in time. At night time, as has been mentioned many a times here, more than 90% will be driving with high beams on!
Old 29th November 2009, 22:33   #3973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
Yes, that's our car.

Mr driver was in the car at the time. The truck was rolling to a halt, only it never did. It rammed once, and then rammed it again after the car flew forward. The damage seems to be only to the body panels, hopefully it hasn't affected the integrity of the chassis.

Insurance should cover most of it, the company is dealing with the finances so not much more information.

The driver of the truck paid some money to the cop and went on his way as i watched in disbelief at the station. When i protested, the cop said insurance would cover the damage and filing a case would take forever. Beat that. Not wanting to waste anymore time at the station i got the 'Accident Verification' certificate and left the rest to the company.

And here we are debating why our roads are so unsafe.
Nitro Sorry to hear about the crash,
about the last point in your post "And here we are debating why our roads are so unsafe" The some part of the answer is there in your post itself.
"Not wanting to waste anymore time at the station i got the 'Accident Verification' " Every one are in a hurry ! no offense, it's my personal view most of us have this mindset.
Old 29th November 2009, 22:36   #3974
BHPian

*** OFFICIALS RESULTS OF BANGALORE GRAND PRIX 2009 ***

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-btm.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-btm-1.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-btm-2.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-btm-3.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-btm-4.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-btm-5.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-btm-6.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-btm-8.jpg

Will try to get the correct news. As per the current news, Fiat Liena Driver along with his friends was doing DRAG RACE at around 2.30 AM with another Car (reportedly Lancer). Fiat Driver tries to do a stunt at 120 KMPH by taking U Turn / Left Turn. At the corner of the road, a bike was parked and the biker was standing next to it on the foot path. The fiat first hit the electricity pole and then the bike and the biker.

The Car driver and his friends did not run away from the spot. They took the biker to the hospital, admitted him. The biker is battling for his life in the hospital. As per preliminary reports, the fiat Car Driver and his friends were drunk.

I am praying almighty for the life of the biker.
Old 29th November 2009, 22:40   #3975
BHPian

that is bad. the impact can be seen on the bike as well as the swift in the second last picture.
hope the biker gets better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks