Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 09:41   #5371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Approach the brow of any hill: it really looks as if the road is coming to an end.
I say the same thing every time, for instance, someone tries to blame a stationery vehicle, even in mid-highway, for someone else having run into it. In this instance, though, the event is so unusual, so unexpected, that I certainly do not think the driver should take the blame.Even at 40kph, surely a vehicle doesn't drop like a stone? And on an empty, apparently clear flyover, how many would have been driving at 40, even though, yes, approaching the brow of a hill is like approaching a blind corner; one does not know what is just over the top.
Did the driver ever wonder, before his takeoff, why no other vehicle was on the flyover?? I bet he assumed the flyover had been completed but not opened to the general public, and he decided to be oversmart and use it anyway, even though the ordinary public was dumb enough to be stuck in traffic. I see countless such smart-as$es during traffic jams.

A stationary vehicle in the middle of the road is, to put it nicely, not a good comparison to an unfinished flyover.
Old 13th April 2010, 10:29   #5372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
Ten members of a family were in the jeep, and this included the two children. The children, who were seriously injured, were shifted to a private hospital in Mangalore, but could not be saved.

Police said that rash and negligent driving by the lorry driver is the reason for the accident. The jeep driver failed to notice the lorry which suddenly entered the junction.

Source: D A I J I W O R L D
Looking at the pic, I guess the lorry has hit the Jeep from the left side. If that's the case is it a surprise that the jeep driver failed to notice a lorry coming from the left? 10 people in a jeep, atleast 2 or 3 must have been in the front seat along with the driver.

With just my wife in the passenger seat, I sometimes have trouble looking out for vehicles from the left at junctions.
Old 13th April 2010, 11:39   #5373
Distinguished - BHPian

Even if the driver was in the right, surely ten people in a jeep is criminal!
Old 13th April 2010, 19:27   #5374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
With just my wife in the passenger seat, I sometimes have trouble looking out for vehicles from the left at junctions.
That's unfortunately true with most of today's vehicles. The best option is to inch forward and just be patient instead of trying to be smart and cut across another vehicle's path. Give the oncoming traffic enough time to see you and slow down and when you are sure there won't be any accident, drive up.

Truck drivers are, for some strange reason, insane when it comes to cutting across traffic from the oncoming lane. I am guessing they run out of patience, but I have seen them trying to bully their way into the oncoming traffic when they are taking right hand turns.

The remedy is always to slow down whenever you see any intersecting roads, anticipate any vehicle may cut across your path and be ready to stop in case of an emergency. I don't like people cutting across my path without waiting for a gap in the traffic, but I would rather wait for a few seconds than be rammed to death.
Old 14th April 2010, 20:49   #5375
BHPian

I was waiting for my friend at a shop, heard a loud bang then screeching sound. Then saw this bolero with tilted tire. No it did not hit anything, people said he was going normally and suddenly this happened. I saw some suspension parts hanging below the body.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bolero.jpg
Old 15th April 2010, 00:52   #5376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
I was waiting for my friend at a shop, heard a loud bang then screeching sound. Then saw this bolero with tilted tire. No it did not hit anything, people said he was going normally and suddenly this happened. I saw some suspension parts hanging below the body.

Attachment 329375
Looks like some Maya's fan car. Possibly the service guys did do the job properly ?
Old 15th April 2010, 02:23   #5377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Looks like some Maya's fan car. Possibly the service guys did do the job properly ?
Goes to show that Maya's picture's weight is exactly the same as her's as well as her party's symbol. Nothing wrong with the suspension, no car is designed to withstand that pressure.
Old 15th April 2010, 03:00   #5378
BANNED

Folks, Wifey met with an accident in the Alto while returning from Office at 5:30 pm. Was taking a right on NH8 under the IFFCO chowk flyover when a speeding Qualis (cabby) hit from the left, front bumper gone, LHS headlight and left fender dented. Will be posting snaps shortly.
Old 15th April 2010, 09:32   #5379
Senior - BHPian

^^Hey man sorry to hear that. I hope your wife is not hurt and she is doing well.
Old 15th April 2010, 10:00   #5380
BHPian

Three cars in a row..

Noticed three cars banged up one behind the other today on New Airport Road (right at Byatarayanapura signal). Indica (not cab) <---Innova <---Tata 207. From the looks of it, the signal must have turned red, and the Indica guy must have braked, the Innova guy who was behind the Indica looks to have braked on time, but was not so lucky when the Tata 207 guy rammed into him from behind and i think this is when the Innova touched the Indica. I could assume this since damage to Indica was not as bad as the damage to Innova at the back.

This Signal is notorious, specially during early hours when vehicles are less and speeds are high.
Old 15th April 2010, 10:02   #5381
Team-BHP Support

Looks like spring broke
Old 15th April 2010, 10:42   #5382
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Looks like spring broke
Its not the spring. Man.. I cant recall the part name. Its an issue with the Boleroes. But it gives a lot of signals before actually giving up the ghost.

Bad maintenance is the only reason.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:27   #5383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Its not the spring. Man.. I cant recall the part name. Its an issue with the Boleroes. But it gives a lot of signals before actually giving up the ghost.

Bad maintenance is the only reason.
Ball joint?
The ball joints are to be serviced every 50K kms.
..but its still a scary!

Doesn't M&M have a solution to this?

@spitfire, what would be the early warning signals?

-- Torqy
Old 15th April 2010, 11:38   #5384
Senior - BHPian

Couple of days back witnessed a strange accident, a Verna driver misjudged the speed of a crawling Road paver at square, resulting in small thud causing rear wheel of verna to go kaput with alloy in two pieces.Sorry no pics.
Old 15th April 2010, 16:01   #5385
BHPian

Due to the impact, the petrol tank of the truck from Chitradurga exploded and caught fire. The 11 sitting in the cabin of the truck, including six children and three women were burnt alive on the spot.

-
Source: D A I J I W O R L D

-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks