Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2021, 21:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Converting a Lap-belt to a *safer* 3-point Seatbelt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
I know its quite an old thread. However, were you able to install a 3 point seat belt in your Brezza? I have a XUV300 top end version, which initially used to have a 3 point seat belt for the middle passenger. They removed it for cost cutting last year. I am planning to install one, and when I enquired the dealership parts manager, he told me that I have to change that entire seat!
Thanks for this post. I just want to know whether your dealer was serious. I don't mind changing the entire seat to get the 3 point seat belt, but the dealer asked me to contact the company and the Mahindra customer service says to contact the dealer.
So, all these phrases, catch 22, pillar to post and getting stuck between a rock and a hard place, come to life and however frequently one experiences this , still never get used to it.
Old 27th April 2021, 10:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdoc View Post
Thanks for this post. I just want to know whether your dealer was serious. I don't mind changing the entire seat to get the 3 point seat belt, but the dealer asked me to contact the company and the Mahindra customer service says to contact the dealer.
So, all these phrases, catch 22, pillar to post and getting stuck between a rock and a hard place, come to life and however frequently one experiences this , still never get used to it.
I think the dealer was not serious! They just didn't want to take time/trouble to do this even when I was ready to pay for it. Considering that there's only one dealer in Goa, I didn't want to force them. I ordered for the seatbelt assembly from Boodmo back in January. Coincidentally, it has been shipped on 25th April! Though it took about 4 months, I never bothered to enquire with Boodmo or cancel it. Once I get the part, I will figure out how to install it myself or with the help of a local mechanic. Will update the thread once the project is complete.
Goandiaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 11:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
I think the dealer was not serious! They just didn't want to take time/trouble to do this even when I was ready to pay for it. Considering that there's only one dealer in Goa, I didn't want to force them. I ordered for the seatbelt assembly from Boodmo back in January. Coincidentally, it has been shipped on 25th April! Though it took about 4 months, I never bothered to enquire with Boodmo or cancel it. Once I get the part, I will figure out how to install it myself or with the help of a local mechanic. Will update the thread once the project is complete.

Thank you so much, this really made my day. Please let us know how it goes and how you plan to install the seat belt as my understanding is that the seat also should be able to take this load.

Just out of interest but also concerns about safety which many might be familiar with, the articles below highlight how much some invest in R and D toward safety and also that lap seat belts have the potential for serious injury:

https://www.autonews.com/article/201...rs-study-finds

https://www.media.volvocars.com/glob...releases/18405

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks