Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2014, 12:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Innovative ideas on road safety & convenience by school kids!

First thing one got to notice is: How informed the furture generation is, god bless technology. I know it has its share of adverse effects as well but am sure it really help educate these fresh minds more than just books/school-curriculum.

Agree with everyone here that the one with O2/CO2 level-detection-mechanism and the retractable spikes' idea are really nice.

About retractable spikes, initially it might cause problem to a few but people will get used to it. The prime reason why people have the audacity to jump signals is , they know they can get away more often than none. This will have a radical effect as nobody wants to hurt his/her own vehicle, add to that the puncture the spikes induce will further delay them. I believe it will automatically force everyone to stick to the traffic rules. If not awareness, the fear of trouble to the vehicle/themselves
Old 3rd July 2014, 13:05   #32
BANNED

2. Step-lock system in bus

Another brilliant thought by the child to prevent any accidents or injuries happening to users who love foot-boarding and hanging on that very last step just to show their hero-ism to the world.

I have seen many slips from the foot board just due to the casual attitude by the public. When the conductor warns them and asks them to climb-in they rudely reply saying "it is none of your business!"

Such initiatives will curb such hero's in our society.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 16:22   #33
BHPian

Brilliant ideas! Hope they are working on prototypes and even thought of Patenting them!
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:09   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Another brilliant thought by the child to prevent any accidents or injuries happening to users who love foot-boarding and hanging on that very last step just to show their hero-ism to the world.
True Anurag, I lost one of the closest friends of mine when he was 18, he, in an attempt to catch a moving bus, was hanging like you mentioned, in his right hand were books, as he was going to college, using only the left hand to hang on, when the bus hit a bump and he could not sustain hanging like that anymore, and the bus' rear left tire hit him, his spleen broke and he died after 3 hours.
His name was Saurabh Dubey. He will always be missed, I just want to say that I would love to see such a measure being incorporated, doesn't even look complex to implement to me.
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:22   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I lost one of the closest friends of mine when he was 18, he, in an attempt to catch a moving bus,
Sorry to hear about the loss. A useful life lost uselessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I just want to say that I would love to see such a measure being incorporated, doesn't even look complex to implement to me.
Most of the safety rules are not complex to implement; what is required is awareness, intention and a little sacrifice of convenience to attain them. Or at the most, a little wait at the traffic signals.
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
a little wait at the traffic signals.
Hey, thanks for the kind comments there. For the wait in traffic thing, I strongly recommend waking up half an hour before than when you usually do. That much is enough to fill in to avoid being late for office. Leave early, from home and from work. I switched my job last year and the new employer have a culture of very flexible office hours. I feel very relieved and relaxed while I am driving to and from work. Naturally, I have become much more patient and tend to follow traffic rules. I would suggest all of us to follow a flexible work hour policy, it is just an initiative which results in a better, easier life.
Old 4th July 2014, 00:37   #37
BHPian

Great Idea from our future citizens and 'drivers' !!

The spike control is badly needed in Indian roads.

Mr Modi should take some ideas from here or we can post it on twitter for him to see..!!

Someone rightly mentioned that the maximum ideas come from young minds. Way to go kids..!
Old 4th July 2014, 05:42   #38
BHPian

Thanks a lot to the thread starter for making me aware of this website. The ideas presented are brilliant and nevertheless to say as somebody mentioned, the govt officials can take a quick look to see if they can extend from these wonderful thoughts.
Old 4th July 2014, 20:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

I have seen many slips from the foot board just due to the casual attitude by the public. When the conductor warns them and asks them to climb-in they rudely reply saying "it is none of your business!"

Such initiatives will curb such hero's in our society.

Anurag.
Happens in every nook and corner of the country. Even though the provision of closing the doors(from the driver's seat) to curb deaths from 'foot boarding' initially had a meager effect, the system tremendously reduced over a period of time. Mainly due to the overpopulation and lesser buses. This looks like a groundbreaking idea, which if implemented will surely have a bigger effect.
Old 5th July 2014, 11:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

That automatic spike system should be for pedestrians too.
Old 5th July 2014, 11:46   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
That automatic spike system should be for pedestrians too.
Lol. You beat me on this.

But a BIG warning (with sounds preferably) must be put forehand so that they can realise such thing is existing rather than reading and chatting on WhatsApp while strolling in the road.

Anurag.
Old 7th July 2014, 14:56   #42

The Idea of having AC tubes blow cool air into wearable jackets does sound good for riders!!
Hope this comes into the making soon enough :-)
Old 14th July 2014, 15:53   #43
BHPian

Not to hijack the thread, but just wanted to applaud the Hyderabad Traffic Police for such an initiative

What you see below is the booklet they have given to my kids, at their school, with some simple demo of most important Dos and Don't s.

These initiatives definitely help in long run.

Innovative ideas on road safety & convenience by school kids!-wp_20140710_20_23_52_pro.jpg
SRKHYD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 15:59   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRKHYD View Post

What you see below is the booklet they have given to my kids, at their school, with some simple demo of most important Dos and Don't s.
Good initiative. Would be grateful if you can share some more contents of this book with us.
Old 25th August 2014, 21:47   #45
BHPian

Some crazy ideas!

Hi All

Thinking of high fatalities in road accidents, indifferent attitude of people towards the same, impact it has on ecological systems; I was wondering can we have simple technological solutions as listed below:
  • Seat belts please!
    Just like the doors get locked automatically once car crosses a certain speed, this feature will LIMIT the speed of the car till you wear your seat belt. Say I start my car and start accelerating; but my speed won't go beyond 30 km/hr as I am not wearing seat belt. It will FORCE me and if needed co-passengers to wear seat belts.
  • I will protect the environment!
    When engine starts emitting extra smoke due to adulterated fuel or extra load (in case of commercial vehicles) my car stops showing me the Save Environment lamp!
  • I am on self protection mode!
    When a car is losing oil or coolant and driving further will damage the engine, car stops and refuses to start to avoid further damages. In case of a commercial vehicle; if payload is say 1.5T and it's loaded beyond the limit, it won't start till the load is reduced.
  • Key in my speed!
    You can key in the maximum speed of the car when needed. Like when someone is learning to drive the car, or when your kid having learner's licence is driving, or you are giving your car to a chauffeur, cab drivers, school bus etc. Also useful for kids taking out car when parents are sleeping and speeding on empty roads.
  • Are you smoking/drunk?
    When my car's A/C system determines the alcohol in your breath when on air re circulation mode, it stops and refuses to go ahead.
  • No honking
    When you are honking excessively, car's horn goes silent for few minutes.
  • Headlights/Taillights not working
    When day light sensor senses dark and my headlamp/tail lamp is not working; my car will warn me and reduce the speed to 40 km/hr and will travel only 5 kms etc
  • Rain sensing wiper speed will decide the maximum speed of the car when working
  • When car is in neutral and rolling and if you try to switch off engine; it won't until you stop completely

I know some of these ideas are stupid

But I really want to thwart humans from taking lives by making use of technology!
StepUP! is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks