Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2018, 17:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Jazz from Hyderabad accrues Rs. 1.8 lakh of overspeeding fines in a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
This dude was caught clocking 160 kmph on a city road - see the image on first post.
So whoever says that the Jazz / WRV 1.2 engine is a sloth should eat his words. Here's a government approved proof!

With such automated penalties, there should be an SMS system to alert the owner about such fine. Otherwise the fines will just go on accumulating till one needs to take out loan to clear all outstanding.
ani_meher is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 18:13   #17
BANNED

re: Honda Jazz from Hyderabad accrues Rs. 1.8 lakh of overspeeding fines in a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
In Kerala the transfer won't happen till all pending fines are cleared and I suppose it must be the same there.
Same process is followed in Telangana too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
This dude was caught clocking 160 kmph on a city road - see the image on first post.
This is a 8 lane highway covering the complete city outskirts which earlier had a speed limit of 120 kmph that is now down to 100 kmph. The upper limit for issuing a challan on the ORR is 105 kmph currently.

Apparently this car is owned by Mylan Industry, a Pharma company. Not sure what address has been given during the registration.

HTP (Hyderabad Traffic Police) sends notice every 2-3 months for all the pending challans accumulated by the car and if the owner doesn't act and pay up, the car is confiscated and released only after the complete amount is paid. My colleagues Alto was towed away from his house when he had ignored to pay the fines accumulated (₹6,723) since December, 2016.
a4anurag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 18:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
So whoever says that the Jazz / WRV 1.2 engine is a sloth should eat his words. Here's a government approved proof!
That seems to be an IDTEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
I defer to agree with you. I did sell my Swift in April with pending speeding ticket.
I think there are two departments issuing speeding tickets. Some cameras are the property of Kerala MVD where as some others are from Kerala Police.
The ticket which was pending during sales was from Kerala Police. I noticed that accidently sometime after 6 months of sale (just wanted to know if the car was driven hard ). The ticket was from Kerala Police which occurred sometime in Dec 2016, the car was sold in Apr 2017 and the ticket was closed in Oct, 2017.
I bought a used vehicle from a dealer in Jan 2018 and the transfer was taking longer than usual. On following up with the dealer I got to know that there were some tickets pending (apart from one visible on kerala police portal) and that is what was holding up the transfer. Dealer cleared the pending fines and transfer was done.

Last edited by Sankar : 22nd March 2018 at 18:45.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 19:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
That seems to be an IDTEC.

I bought a used vehicle from a dealer in Jan 2018 and the transfer was taking longer than usual. On following up with the dealer I got to know that there were some tickets pending (apart from one visible on kerala police portal) and that is what was holding up the transfer. Dealer cleared the pending fines and transfer was done.
May they enforced it this year onwards. Any way till April, 2017 it was allowed.
Old 22nd March 2018, 21:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Is there a similar website for Bangalore where I can check my records. I plan to sell my car soon. Would like to give a clean car to the buyer from every angle.
Old 22nd March 2018, 21:19   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Is there a similar website for Bangalore where I can check my records. I plan to sell my car soon. Would like to give a clean car to the buyer from every angle.
http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.gov.in/BTPHome.aspx

You can click on 'Search and Pay violations by vehicle number' and you will be able to check the fines.
Old 22nd March 2018, 22:25   #22
BHPian

How do outside state vehicles deal with this surprise challan trend?

I have checked for my car with a couple of states' e-challan portals where I have driven the most and found nothing against my vehicle. But what if there is an unpaid challan on my name lying somewhere, maybe a city I once passed through or a highway I've taken a few times?

Or do traffic police departments issue such challans only to vehicles which come under their jurisdiction?
Avalanche2409 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 10:29   #23
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda Jazz from Hyderabad accrues Rs. 1.8 lakh of overspeeding fines in a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche2409 View Post
Or do traffic police departments issue such challans only to vehicles which come under their jurisdiction?
Hyd Police does.

My friend drove down his MH-12 reg. car to Hyd during his marriage; in Hyd, the car was mostly driven by the family driver to ferry guests around. On the night of his wedding, we were traveling on ORR from the hotel to the wedding venue in another car, right behind his car which was being driven at 150ish. We told him about this so before he left Hyd, he casually checked the portal for any violations.

There was a challan pending for over-speeding on that very night. He hasn't received anything in the mail (in Pune) so not sure if Hyd police send challans by mail but they sure issue violations even for out-of-state cars. Interesting thing is, he has a VIP no.: MH 12 ** ** (two numerals, not four, although in the correct font and size) and yet the system recognized the no. perfectly.
libranof1987 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 10:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz from Hyderabad accrues Rs. 1.8 lakh of overspeeding fines in a year!

Quote:
If this car ever gets sold without clearing all those speeding tickets the new owner will be in for a surprise during transfer process. In Kerala the transfer won't happen till all pending fines are cleared and I suppose it must be the same there.
Arent the fines on your licence than your car? The car can still be sold.
Old 23rd March 2018, 14:41   #25
BHPian

Wow! That's a lot of tickets!
On a sidenote, don't you guys think we have ridiculous speed limits in most of our cities? Like my daily commute is via this fancy flyover of 5-6 kms built in Noida. The old road on which that flyover was built had a speed limit of 50kmph and now on the flyover everyone does above 80 because its possible. A few days back a speed camera was placed on this stretch and a board saying the speed limit is now 80.
I'm sure the logic was since we don't want to do a proper survey, lets "use" the limit that is on the road on which this flyover has been built.
I've been doing 50 on that stretch of the road for a couple of days, and I'm now scared I'll get hit by a cycle or something since even they go faster than that.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 15:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
If I remember correctly this record was broken by a single Bangalore bound Volvo in one night at various camera traps across Kerala, the over a single night. The fine was in the tune of 2.75 Lacs.

Pramod
I guess you are referring to the 1.24 Lakh fine incedent (One night)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-s...-kerala-5.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
That is no reason to break the law. You could try to ask the authorities for the reason for this and maybe that'll give you the clear picture.
I second that. Even if the speed limit is low, that is no reason for breaking the law.
Asish_VK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 15:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Arent the fines on your licence than your car? The car can still be sold.
All the camera caught offences are on the vehicle in the current system they have in place.

If owner was not driving it and dont want to pay the fine then proving it falls of the registered owners shoulder.

Apart from being a pasive deterrent to speeding i think the main purpose of the cameras is revenue generation.

If not then that car shouldnt be on the road still raking up fines.
Old 23rd March 2018, 15:37   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
I guess you are referring to the 1.24 Lakh fine incedent (One night)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-s...-kerala-5.html
Yes, This is the one I am referring to. My memory doesn't serve me well i am growing old

Pramod
Old 23rd March 2018, 15:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Ouch, I would have to sell my car to pay that amount. However it does seem that there are consecutive fines within 5-10 mins on the same day. That is not fair in my opinion.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 16:26   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Ouch, I would have to sell my car to pay that amount. However it does seem that there are consecutive fines within 5-10 mins on the same day. That is not fair in my opinion.
Why not ? I think fine should incrementally increase with each violation of the speed limit in a single day (Hoping proper and visible speed limit markings are given). You can miss a couple of signs, but not all. Unless in an emergency.

Its possible that he is driving at high speeds in different roads with cameras.
Asish_VK is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks