Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2018, 08:49   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Plus, the report says 4 channel ABS wasn't there on test car whereas Swift LXi/LDi in India get 4-channel ABS IIRC as its part of standard equipment. Or am I missing something ?
Global NCAP has now rectified their mistake. They admit that Swift had 4 channel ABS.

New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP-img20181018wa0001.jpg

I was really shocked by this development because AFAIK, all ABS equipped Maruti's were 4 channel. This puts a doubt on Global NCAPs process and data crunching too. When they can miss and create a scene for such an important and easily visible thing, who knows what all mistakes they do which aren't as evident to us.

Source: Global NCAP Website

Last edited by Leoshashi : 18th October 2018 at 09:00.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 19:35   #62
Team-BHP Support

Found unexpected corroborating evidence for the Swift front crash-member pics I posted earlier in this thread. The picture below sourced from this post, shows a Ritz with the exact same practically useless front crash-member behind the bumper plastic layer.

New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP-20180903_092632.jpg

Some more pics posted by D-BHPian Leoshashi here. The one for the CBU Kizashi is in stark contrast to what we get on Made for India stuff from our market sales leader.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th October 2018 at 20:05.
Old 24th October 2018, 22:26   #63
BHPian

Great thread. An eye-opener of a sort for any future purchase. This practice of ‘chalta-hai’ attitude towards Indian consumers by a leading automaker is simply unacceptable. Here, I want to point out MS’s lackadaisical attitude towards investment in R&D. IMO, they are content to source the national engine from FIAT and match it with skimpy, lightweight body shells to enhance p/w ratio and driveability. In the future, I sincerely hope that automobile manufacturers are forced to reveal the NCAP score during advertisements.
Old 25th October 2018, 06:35   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuldeep31 View Post
An eye-opener of a sort for any future purchase.
Really?
For the few hundred / thousand people here (like us) with "some knowledge" on automobile and safety, this thread is not something eye opener. We knew the fact already, right? For rest of the world it is like "New swift is improved, from 0 to 2 "

Quote:
This practice of ‘chalta-hai’ attitude towards Indian consumers by a leading automaker is simply unacceptable.
I have a different opinion here.
'chalta-hai' attitude is not with the manufacturer but we people (buyers) have a lot. Else these tin cans can never reach the top list in sales chart. Don't we agree once there is no demand (for such products) in market the manufacturer will be forced to come with better products?

Quote:
Here, I want to point out MS’s lackadaisical attitude towards investment in R&D. IMO, they are content to source the national engine from FIAT and match it with skimpy, lightweight body shells to enhance p/w ratio and driveability.
IMO, Suzuki India R&D knows better recipe for the current market need
Couldn't blame them for what they do, unless we (buyer) have a clear vision on what we need

Quote:
In the future, I sincerely hope that automobile manufacturers are forced to reveal the NCAP score during advertisements.
I don't think that is going to make any difference, unless our mind-set changes.
Mr.Boss is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 12:16   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Really?
For the few hundred / thousand people here (like us) with "some knowledge" on automobile and safety, this thread is not something eye opener. We knew the fact already, right? For rest of the world it is like "New swift is improved, from 0 to 2 "

I don't think that is going to make any difference, unless our mind-set changes.
Are you sure that this particular thread is an 'eye-opener' even for team-bhp members ? I don't think so, we are very much expected to see ownership reviews of the same car by the members in the future too. All these reviews will be based on the below excuses,

1. I cannot stretch my budget.
2. I am very happy when I have a service station 10 meters away from my home. We could counter argue saying "Come on, it's only for maximum 2 or 4 days in an year that you would be taking your car to the service center if everything goes well".
3. Even though the car received a lower rating, I feel safe in the car as my drives are usually inside City. "But we would be seeing their regular updates on the highway drives they do stating screenshots of magnificent fuel efficiency displayed in MID, and even mentions of the three digit speeds which was constantly being maintained throughout the drive".
4. I want peace of mind. We could counter argue saying "Buddy, you may end up in 'pieces' when you meet an accident, how will you be at peace after knowing your car may not protect you in a mishap".

So basically everyone of us, even though being 'a real enthusiast and a knowledgeable person', we all have a 'provided' factor in all our decisions. That is 'provided I have the budget to own and maintain the car I am going to buy'.

Last edited by pavi : 5th November 2018 at 12:19.
pavi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 23:53   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Are you sure that this particular thread is an 'eye-opener' even for team-bhp members?
Did I say?
Quote:
For the few hundred / thousand people here (like us) with "some knowledge" on automobile and safety, this thread is not something eye opener
There is no point in discussing the same thing again and again. Neither the OEs will improve nor the (majority of) customer(s) will change. With all these web traffic someone else is getting benefit, nothing more.
Old 6th November 2018, 08:20   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Did I say?

There is no point in discussing the same thing again and again. Neither the OEs will improve nor the (majority of) customer(s) will change. With all these web traffic someone else is getting benefit, nothing more.
What I meant to add is, we bhpians are also not any different from a normal car buyer. Especially on the threads related to safety most of the comments have this ‘other than the bhpians no one will care about safety and stuffs’. So we should stop praising ourselves because the actual number of people who care about safety is also a minority in team-bhp too. Speak about safety and practice safety are two different things I believe.

Note: I quoted you wrongly in the previous post. Thought of writing something else while quoted you, but it came out something else. Actually I should have quoted the one you quoted.
pavi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 10:03   #68
BHPian

New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
What I meant to add is, we bhpians are also not any different from a normal car buyer. Especially on the threads related to safety most of the comments have this ‘other than the bhpians no one will care about safety and stuffs’. So we should stop praising ourselves because the actual number of people who care about safety is also a minority in team-bhp too. Speak about safety and practice safety are two different things I believe.

+1 to that. If we do a survey of all the vehicles owned by bhpians it would definitely be in the favor of tin cans. As I have said before, writing and knowing things about cars and actually buying it are 2 different things all together.
It would start like 'We wished to buy so and so car but after hearing about the A.S.S issues we went with so and so tin can'
OR
'I know this is a tin can but I am a sedate driver who doesn't go beyond 80 km/hr so thought that this would fit the bill for me.'

I know it's easier said and done but the whole onus is on us wrt the safety standards. Manufacturers sell what sells. It's high time we start considering 'safety' above 'kitna deti hai' and 'touchscreen'. Automatically all the manufacturers will join the bandwagon. The way all the manufacturers started stocking the cars with all bells and whistles once people started buying hyundai cars.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 29th December 2018 at 11:27. Reason: Typos
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 11:03   #69
BHPian

My car (2013 Swift Dzire) was hit by a drunken lout on a scooter. The car had a busted and leaking radiator. That guy kick started the scooter and went away in 15 minutes. I had to wait for a towing truck. Damages worth 48k because the radiator of a torque converter automatic is three times as costly as a normal one. Fan, bonnet, bumper, radiator, etc. had to be replaced completely.

That is the build quality of a Maruti! I shudder to think if it was a bigger vehicle on the other side. My next car will never be a Maruti for sure!

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Found unexpected corroborating evidence for the Swift front crash-member pics I posted earlier in this thread. The picture below sourced from this post, shows a Ritz with the exact same practically useless front crash-member behind the bumper plastic layer.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th November 2018 at 15:57. Reason: Fixing quotes.
pradkumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 16:48   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
My car (2013 Swift Dzire) was hit by a drunken lout on a scooter. The car had a busted and leaking radiator. That guy kick started the scooter and went away in 15 minutes. I had to wait for a towing truck. Damages worth 48k because the radiator of a torque converter automatic is three times as costly as a normal one.
Pradeep
When did the Dzire ever have an AT and torque converter at that?
Old 6th November 2018, 17:16   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
When did the Dzire ever have an AT and torque converter at that?
The second-gen Dzire was available with a 4-speed TC autobox, the one used in Ciaz and Ertiga too.

T-BHP review here.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 20:16   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Swift Scores 4 stars in ASEAN NCAP test.

Made in Japan Suzuki Swift scores 4 stars in the ASEAN NCAP test.

New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP-aa1.jpg

Full details of the tests are yet to be published.

New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP-0.jpg

In another note TATA ACE too was tested and as expected showed dismal results.

New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP-t1.jpg

Source:

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th November 2018 at 20:22.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 20:25   #73
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Swift Scores 4 stars in ASEAN NCAP test.

Wait, a car scores 4 star in ASEAN NCAP and 2 stars in Global NCAP?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...obal-ncap.html (New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP)

Is the car tested different, or is the methodology?
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 20:32   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Wait, a car scores 4 star in ASEAN NCAP and 2 stars in Global NCAP?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...obal-ncap.html (New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP)

Suzuki Swift : Made in Japan

1. Euro NCAP

New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP-e1.jpg

2. ANCAP

Variant with all safety features

New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP-f.jpg

Base variant
New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP-a1.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Swift - Made in India

New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP-m1.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th November 2018 at 20:38.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 20:35   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Made in Japan by Suzuki - 4 stars.

Made in Hungary by Suzuki - 3 stars Euro NCAP (Equivalent to 4 stars ASEAN).

Made in India by Maruti Suzuki - 2 stars.

Same car only with respect to what we can see! Clearly what we see is NOT what we get for the Indian market!

Mods - Does this deserve a seperate thread discussion, as the Indian car has already been tested 2 stars? Is sure to confuse a lot of people.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks