Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2020, 11:59   #61
BHPian

Re: Ford's misleading ad on the EcoSport's safety rating

I recently read the book American Icon , about Alan Mullaly's efforts to save Ford. The author talks about how Ford could take a retired Fiesta, 'plaster' the Figo brand name and make it a smashing hit in India! This idea behind this video seems pretty similar. That we would buy anything they sell or tell.
Old 17th November 2020, 18:31   #62
BHPian

Re: Ford's misleading ad on the EcoSport's safety rating

That Ad is tailor made for the fanboys and I'm sure all their blood will be Adrenaline filled seeing this and everything is super cool until you step out that fanboy attire and think a bit deeply. I own a Ford and the main reason I didn't go for the market leader is just because that I felt this might not be the best but definitely its not the worst. I maybe wrong here.

A 3 star rating in GNCAP is never going to change by these cheeky ads. Back when Mahindra and Tata were ridiculed for their lower ratings they bounced back and now both are the best when it comes to safety and we should be proud that our own Indian maker has bounced back rather than playing cheeky Ads or giving irresponsible comments like we adhere to the crash test norms of India and there was even a Market leader official who claimed that those customer driving a Ford, VW and other vehicles drive rash compared to theirs. I'm part of Ford Figo Fb group and I feel bad that there are more fanboys there than those who think a bit logically. They are like the political parties who tries to showcase others as bad when actually they need to focus on their own mess.

I feel bad, Ford has decided to revert back this way which is nothing different than Maruti. I hope they come back strong with a stronger rating next time rather than doing childish stuffs.
susheel_kainat is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed