Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2022, 20:04   #31
BHPian

Re: Dashcam footage from Samaritan's car gets truck driver compensation after crash with Maruti Cele

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
What brand did you get from the US? Was it the Voifo A129? The 70mai brand is priced similarly in India and the US. I'm not sure if it's any good though.
Yes it is the Voifo A129 Duo that I got for some $155 from US back in 2019 but only 4 months back we got an opportunity to install in my brother's car as we owned city at that time and brother wanted to sell and buy a corolla.

Now I have booked my own car and absolutely need a dashcam to be installed asap after delivery. The A129 Duo costs 18K around in India while the 70mai dual channel costs less than 10K.
I will mostly be getting the 70mai as it seems to be good enough as we can see from all the people talking in this thread.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 22:29   #32
BHPian

Re: Dashcam footage from Samaritan's car gets truck driver compensation after crash with Maruti Cele

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
About time Govt made dual-channel Dash-Cams compulsory for new cars, just like airbags & ABS.
In recent times there has been a lot of hostility towards riders (especially) and drivers using dashcams, from Kerala MVD authorities. I don't know why, but I have heard a lot of first hand incidents from my friends who have said, facing irate cops asking about dashcams.

Hope common sense prevails end of the day...

Team-BHP thread on new about Kerala MVD banning dashcams on helmet (Kerala MVD / Transport Commissioner says helmet-mounted cameras are illegal).

Last edited by narayanbabu : 11th February 2022 at 22:29. Reason: grammar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks