Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2022, 18:53   #16
BHPian

re: Indonesian-Hyundai Creta Facelift scores 5-stars in ASEAN NCAP crash test

There was never a doubt about Hyundai's capability to build safe cars. It is just their intent (or lack of it?) to do so in India. If at all, this ASEAN NCAP rating adds further evidence to this. They can probably launch the same version of Creta in India and save some R&D costs in redesigning the Chassis for the Indian variant.

We can say the same about Suzuki as well. Hope they up their game going forward.
Bhargav7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 20:17   #17
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta facelift gets full 5-star safety rating in ASEAN NCAP crash in the Indonesian mark

I hope they carry forward the same built in the upcoming Creta Facelift rather than cutting corners, I tried to search the web but couldn't find any Indonesian test results for the Pre-facelift Creta. I hope GNCAP, tests the Creta Facelift!
Old 7th December 2022, 20:22   #18

I would love to buy this quality Creta and also pay higher for the better build quality for sure. Currently the only option in this segment that I have for 5 star quality is Taigun/Kushaq (considering harrier in one segment above), which have not so great interiros, features, ASS. Hyundai have a winner at there hands which unfortunately they won't bring here because of profits they are able to generate by lowering the build quality. :-(
designatedriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 20:39   #19
BHPian

Totally on expected lines.

One big salute to people who think that Hyundai will bring this safe car to India!

Another big salute to people who were never aware that Hyundai gives safer cars in Asia and avoids it just for India despite being a big volume generator!

PS: People who buy Hyundai/Kia cars do not have safety as the top-most priority. Others please accept that and move on. If you want a safer car, look elsewhere. We have plenty of options today and not just TATA. Mahindra, Toyota, VW, Skoda, Few MSIL cars -- the tribe is ever-increasing.
RaghuVis is online now   (21) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 20:46   #20
BHPian

Another spit on our face from the Hyundai kingdom. Are they aiding China in pushing Indians over the gorge? Really hope India comes up with the much anticipated Nca India programme. Nitin Gadkari, you love us Indians, don't you?
TopLiveCentre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 21:22   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Totally on expected lines.

One big salute to people who think that Hyundai will bring this safe car to India! .......

PS: People who buy Hyundai/Kia cars do not have safety as the top-most priority. Others please accept that and move on. If you want a safer car, look elsewhere. We have plenty of options today and not just TATA. Mahindra, Toyota, VW, Skoda, Few MSIL cars -- the tribe is ever-increasing.

We have always had options available for safe cars since at least the past 2 decades.
Needless to say, all such safe cars miserably failed to sell while tin cans (you know which brand I'm referring to) sold more than all other brands combined.

I think Hyundai is absolutely right not to offer safe cars in a market that has virtually zero demand for it.
YK85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 22:14   #22
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta facelift gets full 5-star safety rating in ASEAN NCAP crash in the Indonesian mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
I hope they carry forward the same built in the upcoming Creta Facelift rather than cutting corners, I tried to search the web but couldn't find any Indonesian test results for the Pre-facelift Creta. I hope GNCAP, tests the Creta Facelift!
That's because Indonesia never had a pre-facelift Creta. Production started there in January 2022.
Astargea is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 22:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
And here we go. Indonesian Creta (facelift) scores five star ASEAN NCAP rating, with not only more safety features but also stupendous frontal impact performance.
And by the time it reaches India, steel will be replaced with tin sheets. Because Indians just don't care about such things. 3 star ratings have barely made a dent on Creta and Seltos' sales.
yashg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 22:48   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
I meant it as all the more reason to fix the safety shortcuts in the facelift given how poorly the current model performed.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 23:27   #25
BHPian

KIA gave Seltos all possible safety features in all its variants immediately after the GNCAP ratings came out. But, Hyundai never did that with Creta.

Reason being, KIA has no plans to bring its globally unveiled model to India next year and will continue with the same structure with some cosmetic changes.

This time I strongly feel that they will bring all new creta with full safety and technology like ADAS etc. And more so because, they are loosing their market position to TATA in India just because of safety.

Just my opinion

peace
Old 8th December 2022, 07:55   #26
BHPian

I bet the next thing Hyundai India will do is to slap on a sticker on the Creta that it’s 5 star rated*,

* the variant not sold in India, that is.

Mod Note : Please capitalise where required. The *I* in India is expected to be in caps.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th December 2022 at 09:09. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
three10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 13:25   #27
BHPian

I find it extremely infuriating that as a country we are so shallow that all we care for are the bells and whistles. We line up to pay our hard earned money to Hyundai and Kia, while they are completely shameless about selling us a much inferior product that is priced at the top of their segment
noo.b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 14:14   #28
BHPian

I sincerely hope Tata picks up on this and engages in a witty campaign highlighting the step motherly treatment of Hyundai towards India.

SHAME ON YOU HYUNDAI !!

Not buying a Hyundai unless they improve their safety standards !!
charanreddy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 14:17   #29
BHPian

The results are on the expected lines, Hyundai has and as an extension now Kia taken safety as granted in Indian market. Their playbook for India has only chapters on bells and whistles. But then someone has to do this otherwise we wouldn't be having 5 star rated cars from other mass market car manufacturers. All the negatives aside Tata is already breathing down Hyundai's neck in terms of monthly sales and it's just a matter of time they even take the second spot from them for good.

That said, one needs to give credit to Maruti Suzuki here as they really know what each segment buyer priorities, if they can give safer cars then it's just Hyundai/Kia apathy for safety and also us consumers (who are supporting them by buying their product) to be blamed here.
AROO7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 22:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Did that TBHP member who posted the technical structure diagrams claiming that the Kia and Hyundai cars sold in India have the same structure and Ultra HSS bits as the international model respond to the poor showing of Seltos and Creta in the GNCAP test results from a few months ago ? I remember a lot of discussion took place in that thread and a lot of other members also bought the explanation then.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks