Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2023, 17:03   #16
BHPian

Re: Dad's unrelenting efforts since 8 years to find his 15-year old son's killer traces a Swift owne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
One of the biggest reasons why our justice system sucks is because of the Police system of India. It is a colonial system that is strictly meant to 'control' (read harass) the common man.
This. Cannot agree more. Folks may want to recall the famous BMW hit and run case of the 90s where Admiral Nanda's grandson Sanjeev Nanda ran over cops at a nakabandi in Delhi. R.K. Anand the lawyer was caught on camera offering a bribe to witnesses. All got away with nothing but a slap on the wrist. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_D...t-and-run_case

For those interested, Police Power and Colonial Rule by David Arnold is a good read on how colonial law evolved and played a key role in keeping the Brits in power.
Spaced Out is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 17:14   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dad's unrelenting efforts since 8 years to find his 15-year old son's killer traces a Swift owne

While I salute the perseverance of the father here, this case could have been solved earlier had the investigating officer did his duty properly at the first place. A whole nexus works like a well oiled machinery whenever an accident happens involving a vehicle. I am not surprised that the case was promptly not investigated properly and closed down.

I hope after this and how it made to the newspapers, the case is investigated properly and the real culprit is caught although I still have my doubts !!

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 14th November 2023 at 17:40.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 13:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

This is commendable effort by the father. I have read of several reports where police have successfully traced culprit vehicles based on broken vehicle parts, and CCTV footages etc., but all of them have been by the Kerala Police. And a good number of such culprit vehicles were out of state vehicles as well. But in general, the police simply tend to close such incidents as "not able to trace the culprit vehicle" which is really sad.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 09:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
One of the biggest reasons why our justice system sucks is because of the Police system of India. It is a colonial system that is strictly meant to 'control' (read harass) the common man. The Police in India is basically a hunting dog for the rich and powerful
Is that the {"reformation"} reason why TN police are setting up canteen selling breakfast at paltry prices? Police canteen for selling home appliances or running convention center again at ultra low charges. And not to mention, firecrackers during the Diwali season?

And yes, I agree on the Police system need heavy reformation. When I filed complaint on the robbery of my Son's cellphone, they rewrote SR as missing cellphone instead of theft. When I raised a concern on this mismatch a senior started threatening saying they'll ask my Son to appear at the station & question him. I was unnerved & said he's ready to come & also identify the time, bus number & there's camera inside the bus, then his subordinates intervened to diffuse the situation trying to pacify saying, they'll find out the cellphone for us.

Policing, like any responsible government role, is challenging as it requires balancing authority with the management of miscreants

Last edited by aargee : 18th November 2023 at 09:51.
Old 18th November 2023, 12:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Is that the {"reformation"} reason why TN police are setting up canteen selling breakfast at paltry prices? Police canteen for selling home appliances or running convention center again at ultra low charges. And not to mention, firecrackers during the Diwali season?
Sorry, but is this supposed to mean anything? I mean the whole country isn't just limited to TN and for one such move, there are a thousand that go in the opposite direction. Providing cheap breakfast doesn't undo rampant corruption and extortion.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 09:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Efforts of father are reported in a crime report video. It's in Hindi.

EP 1503: जिस कार ने उसके बेटे को कुचल डाला, उस कार को 8 साल तक अकेले ढूंढता रहा एक बाप
Source: Crime Tak [Youtube Channel]

AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 22:18   #22
BHPian

What a hero this man is, fighting against the world to seek justice for his fallen kid.

As far as the cops and the judiciary are concerned , less we talk about them the better.
This should have been an open and shut case , yet here it's on prime time news almost a decade later .

Absolutely shameful and wanton lack of responsibility by the judiciary and the law enforcement.

Last edited by 1985Darkkid85 : 9th February 2024 at 22:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks