Team-BHP - Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/3580-bad-drivers-how-do-you-spot-em-11.html)

The worst drivers in bombay.... really

1) The BEST bus drivers,
try doing a tight turn on a double decker bus at 30kmph without lifting the outside wheels and then you start respecting these guys

2) The Rickshaw driver
Try skidding into a tght parking lot with any four wheeler.. you'd wish you had one wheel less

3) My Ex Girlfriend...
I dont know about your ex my girl scared most of the truckies on the Igatpuri ghats

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatsago
The worst drivers in bombay.... really

1) The BEST bus drivers,
try doing a tight turn on a double decker bus at 30kmph without lifting the outside wheels and then you start respecting these guys

2) The Rickshaw driver
Try skidding into a tght parking lot with any four wheeler.. you'd wish you had one wheel less

3) My Ex Girlfriend...
I dont know about your ex my girl scared most of the truckies on the Igatpuri ghats

Great to know you have a girlfriend who can drive well man, Lucky you...

Also as for the other two thats my personal opinion.
no offence meant on the the comments, all in good humour

Best to stay away from people who
1.Suddenly shifting lanes
2.Brake suddeny
3.Going real slow and not moving aside so that other vehicles can proceed
4.Parking stupidly everywhere
5.Using high beams or bloody poweful bulbs in the city and blind everyone else

Usually, most people who have big cars are usually more careful behind the wheel. They seem to have more sense on the car's abilities and the world around them.

Did anybody mention the breed of drivers that drive painfully slowly in the slightest traffic, but speed up when the road is clear? This breed is hard to overtake and you will have to crawl behind them in traffic. And there are the types that deliberately speed up (while honking loudly) to prevent you from changing lanes or overtaking them. Both of these types seem to be mostly elderly drivers. Of course the slow drivers on the fast lane in the Expressway or the ones that brake hard for flimsy reasons (as others mentioned).

And the two-wheeler drivers that seem to have absolutely no clue as to how fast a car can accelerate. These are the types that go *slowly* past your car in city traffic and then casually turn into your path, say, when you are starting out from a signal. At the other extreme are the bikers who rev up, weave in and out of your path and zoom past you while making an enormous noise and honking loudly as well. I find this breed irritating too because they often startle me -- but less irritating than the slow coaches.

In general I try hard to avoid making other drivers brake because of my driving. I define bad drivers as ones that rely on the braking abilities of other drivers for survival. E.g. ones that cut into the main road from an intersection, expecting you to brake to avert a collision.

People who drive slow in the right most lane and dont allow any fast moving car to overtake from the correct side (right side....RIGHT is right!!!). Honking and dipper, no matter what... they cling to the overtaking lane... And for some mysterious reason they are a very common sight in delhi and so other cars are forced to overtake from the left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ess_a
People who drive slow in the right most lane and dont allow any fast moving car to overtake from the correct side (right side....RIGHT is right!!!). Honking and dipper, no matter what... they cling to the overtaking lane... And for some mysterious reason they are a very common sight in delhi and so other cars are forced to overtake from the left.

You find these same idiots on the Mumbai-Pune expressway, chugging along at 80kph in their Indicas and Qualises. Part of the fault probably lies in the speed limit (which is 80kph, so these guys think they're going really fast and can occupy the fast lane).

Oh and I hate those two wheelers and other tiny automobiles (autorikshaws) that squeeze through the crowd at traffic lights to put their slow moving things right in front of you. Then you have to overtake them all over again!

I think the law should be that potentially faster cars should always have the right of way. That would lead to a lot less overtaking on the roads, making them much safer.

The most idiot driver is very easy to spot - He or she will be in the wrong side of the road blocking the oncoming traffic. Today I had to wait for more than 45 min's just to cross one KM strech of road which was filled with these #$%^&&* idiots who have absolutely no traffic sense. It is extremely frustrating to see that cops let go these god damn idiots and indirectly peanalizing the good drivers who are following the lane disciplene

Surely these autorickshaws are a menace... here in delhi where we have so many flyovers.... you will be lucky not to be stuck behind a really slo moving auto... the irony will be the fact that this auto would be trying to overtake another of its brethren!!!! so on a three lane road you are left with following three autos trying to show off their BHPs and actually going nowhere...:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by theEnd
You find these same idiots on the Mumbai-Pune expressway, chugging along at 80kph in their Indicas and Qualises. Part of the fault probably lies in the speed limit (which is 80kph, so these guys think they're going really fast and can occupy the fast lane).

I have also found corollas and sonatas doing the same thing...and with their side mirrors shut and rear shelf piled with luggage. So obviously he sticks to right hand side lane. The seth has told driver to fold mirrors to avoid them breaking and driver cannot object to rear view being blocked.

Another trend I have noticed recently is of people (yes also in skodas and mercs) driving on the wrong side of the road to take a u turn, just to save a few hundred metres of round about! What is the saving? 2-5rs? And coming out of posh buildings. The less said about this happening on Pune-Belgaum Road the better. Suddenly you will find truck/2 wheeler with headlight coming at you in OPPOSITE direction of highway in your lane and that too at high speed! Again just to save a few km?

scared of women riding with big heavy raincoats on a scooty pep bang in the middle of the fast lane at 30 kmph and hitting the brakes at the vision of a car atleast 20 meters away!!!!

scared of drivers frm the public transport be it the best or tmt or even the jeep which has the big yellow triangle with an L-board on it sayin that the guy is learning and swerves frm extreme right to extreme left???!!

old uncles in marutis

ladies in marutis

indicab drivers who think they actually are kings of roads when they had stickers MUMBAICHA RAJA on them!!!!

young chaps with their pulsars having GO!!!! stickers and modified exhausts making unnecessary noises!!!

In Mumbai atleast the most dangerous vehicles (in my experience) are taxis, i've actually hit a cab (i was trying to overtake from the right instead of the left) because he just slowed down very suddenlt for no apparent reason.

I've seen taxis drive in the left most lane and cut across to take a right turn as if they were driving in the right most lane.. this happened to me once. I was riding , saw the taxi and decided to blow my horn just to irritate the taxi, just as i blew the horn the ******* cut across 3 lanes and stopped (Perpendicular to the road) on the right most lane in line with my bike, because he got scared of the screeching noise from my tires.... I didn't hit the cab, just skidded it to scare him a bit.. I hope it worked.

I do consider my self a rash rider to an extent though.... I overtake from the left, My indicator and horn don't work (I shout or rev the engine, it works better). I'm waiting for the rains to get over as every time it rains, my electricals go for a toss. I've had them fixed several times, to no avail.

I plan to get a new bike soon, mine aint gonna last for long.

What scares me the most is when 2 wheelers cut across you in between cars in moving traffic...i wonder..dont they care for their own lives!?
Another bug at least on Bangalore's outer ring and other sundry 'highways'..trucks always keep to the right....it's understood that you have to overtake from the left!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprucegoose
I do consider my self a rash rider to an extent though.... I overtake from the left, My indicator and horn don't work (I shout or rev the engine, it works better). I'm waiting for the rains to get over as every time it rains, my electricals go for a toss. I've had them fixed several times, to no avail.

I plan to get a new bike soon, mine aint gonna last for long.

Then you are a bad driver yourself, why complain when taxi drivers behave in any which manner? Most 2 wheeler drivers in Mumbai, I regret to say, drive extremely obnoxiously, unecessarily endangering themselves and other drivers - cutting across just in front of any car, speeding in between cars/lanes, honking indiscriminately just on passing, sticking to the right lane, never leaving space on the right lane, driving without lights at night, etc...

Well, at least you are honest enough to admit it. Do try and reduce your aggresiveness. You may take a few minutes longer to reach your destination, but at least you will reach safely. And while helmets are essential, believe me, there are lots of other body parts that are at risk in any 2 wheeler accident. Sorry for the sermon!

hi
i am from bangalore
well its quite same in here. both 2&4 wheeler are worst. they all just wanna keep pushing all the time.. honking indiscriminately, overtaking from left. driving fast on slow lanes. and Traffic Police just look at them and simply ignore them. b'cos they think theres no point catching them. they pay the fine and continue doing the same. I made several complients, but how cares