Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2022, 08:58   #76

Re: Update - Road condition - New Delhi to Corbett National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp View Post
Thank you for clarifying. The other route (via Suar) that you suggested in your earlier post is about 32km longer but takes only 15min more as per Gmaps. Is this down to better road quality or less traffic? And between the two which one would suggest for a more comfortable and stress free journey?
The route via Suar is much longer and not the preferred route,the one via Parag Diary,Dalpatpur is about 20 km longer than either the Amroha route or the Moradabad-Thakudwara- Kashipur route,but the road is very good throughout with little traffic and saves time,this route is also the best to go to Bazpur-Kaladungi-Nainital..in this case you turn right at the crossing on Dalpatpur-Kashipur road for Tanda and proceed to Bazour and beyond.
Cavalier is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 16:35   #77
kdp
BHPian

Re: Update - Road condition - New Delhi to Corbett National Parky

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Absolutely. I have done this route multiple times and once, in all coincidence, I started from OHC too.

Take the EPE hands down if you are starting from Gurgaon after 8 AM. Lengthier for sure, but you will save on traffic stress and burning needless fuel.

However, if you are starting from Gurgaon before 8, take the expressway + RTR Flyover + AIIMS + Barapullah + Akshardham Expressway (NE9) throughout till Dasna and Hapur. Traffic would be minimal and you'll save on time.
Thanks I left at almost 9 on Monday morning so I did take your advice. Sohna Road, where done is excellent. EPE and WPE ( sohna-palwal less so). There aren’t any potholes but the road is uneven and bouncy so I felt uncomfortable driving Anywhere close to the speed limit. Also it’s a lot longer so unless there is a gridlock on the traditional “via Delhi” route, that would be right route to take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
The route via Suar is much longer and not the preferred route,the one via Parag Diary,Dalpatpur is about 20 km longer than either the Amroha route or the Moradabad-Thakudwara- Kashipur route,but the road is very good throughout with little traffic.
Thank you for this. I have no references of how the other choices would look but this was a good fast leg. The road for upto a few km beyond dalpatpur is potholed and roadwork is on, but that means loose stones which could fly up in-the air, especially if there is a truck in front of you. But things smoothened out plenty and it was a nice ( nicest) part of the drive.

I specifically had a problem around Garh Mukteshwar. From the tollbooth a few km before the Ganga bridge till about 3km past the Ganga bridge was gridlocked, and took about 3.5 hours to cross . There was no inkling on google maps and suddenly( too late) the delay started to show on the app (1.5hours delay- though it took more than twice as long) I couldn’t figure out if there was any festival or not because it didn’t seem to be anything really unusual as we crossed the town and bridge.

For those who do that stretch often, is this normal, or is there a festival / vip movement that I missed? Almost every route that I’ve heard discussed goes via Garh, is there a serviceable alternative which does not?

Last edited by kdp : 31st May 2022 at 16:58.
kdp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 20:03   #78
BHPian

Quote:
There aren’t any potholes but the road is uneven and bouncy so I felt uncomfortable driving Anywhere close to the speed limit. Also it’s a lot longer so unless there is a gridlock on the traditional “via Delhi” route, that would be right route to take
Yep. The road is bumpy at parts and not well done - a part of me thinks it's intentional. Heh! Post 9 and at least till 2 (which is when most schools get over), traffic is always a headache if one's driving from Gurgaon to trans-Yamuna. The jams at the expressway near the Airport exit and the ORR/Barapullah-DND connector can increase the drive time by an hour, at the very least.

Quote:
For those who do that stretch often, is this normal, or is there a festival / vip movement that I missed? Almost every route that I’ve heard discussed goes via Garh, is there a serviceable alternative which does not?
The most likely reason for the jam would be the fact that you were travelling on a Monday, an auspicious day, especially for folks wanting to take a dip in the Ganges and visiting the temples just near the approach road to the bridge. You must have been there around 11-12, which is when folks are up and about. Might be a local issue too since a quick check on the local news just now showed that there were some land reclamation activities going on near the bridge by the authorities.

90% of the times I have done this route, I have never had any trouble crossing the bridge smoothly. There is an alternative route, once taken by some folks I know, but this route is meant strictly for motorcycles (their mode of transport) as the "road" is narrow, tarmac-less and goes through the hinterlands to connect with the highway later on.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 20:12   #79
kdp
BHPian

Quote:

The most likely reason for the jam would be the fact that you were travelling on a Monday, an auspicious day, especially for folks wanting to take a dip in the Ganges and visiting the temples just near the approach road to the bridge. You must have been there around 11-12, which is when folks are up and about. Might be a local issue too since a quick check on the local news just now showed that there were some land reclamation activities going on near the bridge by the authorities.
That explains it. Thanks for that update. It should be useful to other newbies on that route,,

Last edited by kdp : 31st May 2022 at 20:14.
Old 12th June 2022, 12:52   #80
kdp
BHPian

As a postscript, I came back on the same route as suggested by cavalier https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5326082 (Update - Road condition - New Delhi to Corbett National Park). The roadwork for the few km around dalpatpur seems to have progressed a bit and the drive back very enjoyable. We chose a sedate pace, though we could have gone much faster if we wanted. While I don’t have the experience of other routes, I can attest that this suggested route is really viable option.

And as suggested Barcalad, maybe avoid transmitting Garh Mukteshwar between 11 and 3 on Mondays.

Last edited by kdp : 12th June 2022 at 12:56.
Old 14th June 2022, 20:48   #81
BHPian

Any recent road updates on the Hapur - Moradabad - Bazpur - Kaladhungi - Nainital route? Driving down next week.
Old 6th July 2022, 17:21   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Need a route update, if anyone can help. Planning to travel from Ramnagar (Corbett) to Almora / Binsar. Can see 4 options:

1. Via Kaladhungi >> Lohali >> Chhara (137 km; 4 hr 41 min) (https://goo.gl/maps/rfcyWcF4mbhs1ecd7);

2. Via Haldwani >> Lohali >> Chhara (147 km; 5 hr 08 min) (https://goo.gl/maps/XmfJsgmwpyTu5eqs7)

3. Via Garjiya >> Muhan >> Betalghat >> Chandula >> Chhara (133 km; 4 hr 57 min) (https://goo.gl/maps/2X8LkyvMmsQGfqM1A);

4. Via Garjiya >> Muhan >> Ranikhet (139 km; 5 hr 03 min) (https://goo.gl/maps/qsxq4wisgkuagMgTA).

Any suggestion about which is the better (smoother, scenic) route, an extra half an hour of time or a few extra km not being so much of a factor? I'd be driving a Ciaz.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th July 2022 at 18:34. Reason: numbering correction.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 17:44   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Planning to travel from Ramnagar (Corbett) to Almora / Binsar.

1. Via Kaladhungi >> Lohali >> Chhara (137 km; 4 hr 41 min)

2. Via Haldwani >> Lohali >> Chhara (147 km; 5 hr 08 min)
Via Kaladhungi will be the best option from these two.

Quote:
3. Via Garjiya >> Muhan >> Betalghat >> Chandula >> Chhara (133 km; 4 hr 57 min)
4. Via Garjiya >> Muhan >> Ranikhet (139 km; 5 hr 03 min) /QUOTE]

No clue, the best will be to ask your resort. Ranikhet- Almora will be not an issue as it's a state/ National highway (109), so you essentially need to check for the best route from your resort to Ranikhet if you want to take that route.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th July 2022 at 17:48.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 11:06   #84
BHPian

Hello BHPians, I hope everyone is doing fine.

I have a trip coming up in a few months from Dehradun to Corbett. Due to personal reasons, I have to make an overnight stop at Kotdwar on the way. From Kotdwar to Corbett, I would prefer to follow the route through the hills i.e. around the northern part of Corbett (instead of the more popular route through the south). It is this route - shown in blue in the attached picture - that I wanted to know about.

Update - Road condition - New Delhi to Corbett National Park-corbett_route.jpg

Helpful things to know would be:

1. How the road conditions are (this is the most important bit for me!)
2. Whether there are any places to stop along the way, for snacks/meals
3. Whether there are any petrol pumps along the way

Any useful information would be appreciated. Cheers!
Old 1st October 2022, 17:26   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Any recent road updates on the Hapur - Moradabad - Bazpur - Kaladhungi - Nainital route? Driving down next week.
Did you do this trip? How was the drive and how long did it take?

I am planning a trip and driving is one of the options, in which case my route would be similar.
Old 2nd October 2022, 08:51   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post

I am planning a trip and driving is one of the options, in which case my route would be similar.
I just got back the day before yesterday, the road conditions are excellent, especially with the new by-pass from Hapur to Brij Ghat, you by-pass Hapur, Babugarh and Simbhbaoli. The travel time is reduced significantly.

Turn at Parag Dairy at Dalpatpur and go via Tanda, Darial and Bazpur to Kaladungi onto Nainital. We left at 0430 hrs and reached Mangoli ie about 15 km short of Nainital,i n four and half hours with a 30 min break.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd October 2022 at 09:49. Reason: Grammar and spacing. Please proofread before posting.
Cavalier is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 11:42   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post

Yes. The route is excellent. The only place where I found slight traffic was at Tanda - other than that it was a breeze. I started from Noida at 6 AM and was at Bhimtal around 1:30 PM. This included a refreshment stop near Hapur and a lunch stop at the brilliant Lee's Kitchen in Kathgodam.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 02:03   #88
BHPian

Hello guys,

What would be the best route to Jim Corbett(Ramnagar) from Delhi?

Delhi to Gajraula seems to be common, but after Gajrula which route is better?

Pls guide
Old 31st October 2022, 15:30   #89
BHPian

I've just returned from Jim Corbett, while going I took the Gmaps suggested (bad) route - the "road" between Moradabad and Kashipur is absolutely horrible, chock full of huge potholes.

Anyway, while returning, I took the Ramnagar -> Kashipur -> Dariyal -> Tanda -> Dalpatpur route. We started at 10:30 AM and were home (Delhi) by 3PM so 4.5 hours in total which is quite good considering we took 5+ hrs on the onward journey which started early in the morning.

The Kashipur to Dariyal stretch is VERY good, smooth single lane tarmac with minimal potholes.
Dariyal to Tanda is not as good (but still miles better than Moradabad to Kashipur "road"), traffic will slow down the pace on single lane roads.
Tanda to Dalpatpur is again decent and after Dalpatpur is the regular highway.

Hope this helps someone.
Attaching a quick screenshot:
Attached Thumbnails
Update - Road condition - New Delhi to Corbett National Park-screenshot-20221031-3.31.31-pm.png  

Last edited by tanayr : 31st October 2022 at 15:32.
tanayr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 17:25   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanayr View Post
I've just returned from Jim Corbett, while going I took the Gmaps suggested (bad) route - the "road" between Moradabad and Kashipur is absolutely horrible, chock full of huge potholes.

Anyway, while returning, I took the Ramnagar -> Kashipur -> Dariyal -> Tanda -> Dalpatpur route. We started at 10:30 AM and were home (Delhi) by 3PM so 4.5 hours in total which is quite good considering we took 5+ hrs on the onward journey which started early in the morning.

The Kashipur to Dariyal stretch is VERY good, smooth single lane tarmac with minimal potholes.
Dariyal to Tanda is not as good (but still miles better than Moradabad to Kashipur "road"), traffic will slow down the pace on single lane roads.
Tanda to Dalpatpur is again decent and after Dalpatpur is the regular highway.

Hope this helps someone.
Attaching a quick screenshot:
Thanks a lot for the update. I am leaving tomorrow morning.

How was the road from kashipur to Ramnagar?

I was wondering if i take Tanda route then instead of going towards kashipur, why not head straight to bazpur kaladhungi and turn left towards ramnagar side as my resort is dead in the middle of ramnagar and kaladhungi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks