Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2017, 16:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Update - Road condition - New Delhi to Corbett National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Hi, bumping this thread. Hope you had a great time with your family driving to Jim Corbett.

And also, where is the best place to have good Veg breakfast?
When I went last year, I had at enroot the dhaba at Gajraula. Really tasty, fresh veg food. Very economical as well.

There's a facebook page as well for this. You can find directions and contact information there. It's also on Google maps, of course.

Good luck with sightings.

Last edited by bhappyharsha : 14th November 2017 at 16:24.
bhappyharsha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 19:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
And also, where is the best place to have good Veg breakfast?
As suggested above Gajraula has plenty of options like Bikanerwala, Sagar ratna, etc. Beyond Gajraula, there aren't any good options.
penpusher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 20:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Update - Road condition - New Delhi to Corbett National Park

Please stop at Moga Punjabi Tadka at Gajraula. Lip smacking veg food, esp paranthe and dal makhni etc.

There are two owned by brothers one on each side of highway within distance of 10-15 kms. Clean washrooms and good food. I always stop here, whenever I am traveling to my maternal place at Rudrapur.
sameerg001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 22:11   #34
BHPian

Guys, I know it might seem another case of repetition but need your advice.

I'm planning for a road trip from Delhi to Ramnagar this weekend on a packed up Civic.

By now, you would have guessed my concern!

A Honda Civic with 5 people on-board with quite a handful of luggage means ground clearance dipping below 120mm and rear completely sagging in.

Please advice which route should I opt for specially considering such a low ground clearance car?
Old 6th August 2018, 14:57   #35
BHPian

Dear All:

Is there an update on the road conditions from Gurgaon to Corbett - after rains? I am planning for a drive to Corbett later in August and wanted to check if anyone knows how the roads are after the rains? Any concerns?

Thanks.
Old 6th August 2018, 15:35   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Is there an update on the road conditions from Gurgaon to Corbett - after rains? I am planning for a drive to Corbett later in August and wanted to check if anyone knows how the roads are after the rains? Any concerns?
Nothing to worry but the roads are not smooth even. I usually travel to Corbett every year and there is some construction going on from long time on this route. Went two months back with family, this season is quite good if you want to enjoy rains but you might not get chance to visit jungle Safari. Be cautious not to change routes according to Google map and avoid ferries. Had a bad experience last year while traveling in rains due to traffic jam where Google routed us in between some village.
Old 5th December 2018, 08:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Nothing to worry but the roads are not smooth even. I usually travel to Corbett every year and there is some construction going on from long time on this route. Went two months back with family, this season is quite good if you want to enjoy rains but you might not get chance to visit jungle Safari. Be cautious not to change routes according to Google map and avoid ferries. Had a bad experience last year while traveling in rains due to traffic jam where Google routed us in between some village.
Basis your experience which is the best route to take from Delhi NCR? I am traveling on 7th with my wife & dogs for a resort at Corbett. Will need advise otherwise will be dependent on Google Maps
Old 5th December 2018, 09:17   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNITDEVIL View Post
Basis your experience which is the best route to take from Delhi NCR? I am traveling on 7th with my wife & dogs for a resort at Corbett. Will need advise otherwise will be dependent on Google Maps
You can follow Google map but make sure do not leave the highway for saving few minutes. The suggestions from Google map might end up in ultra narrow roads between villages. Just follow the highway and check avoid ferries option in maps. Since the season is fine, no rains, you will not find much difficulties.
Old 1st January 2019, 13:35   #39
BHPian

Completed the trip and was unhappy with the road conditions. Roads from Delhi to Rajnagar extension are good but too much traffic. The actual harrowing part starts near a small village/ town called pilkhuwa where the construction is going on. 30-45 min jam on both incoming & outgoing routes resp. Overall also, the road condition is ok and not great [good in parts, peppered with towns and jams accordingly]
Onward journey - 7:30 hrs
Return Journey - 9:30 hrs

Would recommend all to slip the travel to Corbett [unless necessary] till the time the entire Meerut highway is completed.
MNITDEVIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 13:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys! I plan to travel to Corbett from Noida on the 7th of December. Should I just follow Google Maps. Any tips that I need for the trip will be really helpful.

Are the roads in good conditions? I am planning to leave at 5 in the morning. Stay there for a day and return on the 8th.

P.S: How many tolls are we looking at?
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 17:51   #41
BHPian

Hi All,

Wanted your suggestions for the current road conditions from Delhi to Corbett as the last post advise was in Jan 2019. I am planning to travel to Corbett from Delhi on 5th Dec and return on 7th Dec 2019. Google maps suggest a route taking Eastern Peripheral Expressway that will connect us to Dasana for the onward journey. Will this be OK or any other better options that i should be looking at?

Thanks!!
Old 26th December 2019, 23:58   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi Guys! I plan to travel to Corbett from Noida on the 7th of December.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMind View Post
I am planning to travel to Corbett from Delhi on 5th Dec and return on 7th Dec 2019.
Did you guys complete this journey? Any updates on the road condition. I am planning to drive this weekend from Delhi to Corbett.

Any suggestions for good places to stop for a break, enroute ?
Old 27th December 2019, 05:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

Update - Road condition - New Delhi to Corbett National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Did you guys complete this journey? Any updates on the road condition. I am planning to drive this weekend from Delhi to Corbett.

Hi. I did complete the trip. Up to Rampur the road is fine. The next 80kms through Kashipur is single lane and you could face some traffic. While coming back after crossing Kashipur the remaining road till Rampur was blocked so we had to take a u turn and go through village roads which was quite an adventure in itself. Overall, the roads were alright. We completed in about 5-5.30 hours.

We stopped at Shiva Dhaba MamaYadav while going. The food was just okay.

Last edited by Pancham : 27th December 2019 at 05:36.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 15:59   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post

Completed the trip indeed. On our way to Corbett, we started around 6am and touched our resort in Corbett by 12:15 pm with a mid-way break at Bikaner, Gajraula, decent place and there are many other dhabas around that only. Roads are OK for most part.

While coming back, issue is only with the work going on at Ghaziabad. As we left from Corbett around noon and we touched Ghaziabad at peak traffic hours which made the situation worse.
CarMind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 16:24   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Wouldn't it be better to get on the EPE at Dasna? You avoid Ghaziabad, and though it adds about 30 kms, the time is more or less the same, and they're peaceful kilometers.
Of course, I stay on the Greater noida expressway, but I think that it would be better for those in Delhi as well.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks