Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2022, 23:09   #91
BHPian

Re: Update - Road condition - New Delhi to Corbett National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thanks a lot for the update. I am leaving tomorrow morning.

How was the road from kashipur to Ramnagar?

I was wondering if i take Tanda route then instead of going towards kashipur, why not head straight to bazpur kaladhungi and turn left towards ramnagar side as my resort is dead in the middle of ramnagar and kaladhungi.
Kashipur to Ramnagar starts out patchy but gets better the closer you get to Ramnagar (lets say 90% smooth tarmac). That said, the road from Tanda to Bazpur and from there to Kaladunghi and further onto your resort midway should turn out faster due to lesser traffic for sure, in terms of road/tarmac quality, I think it will be the same.
tanayr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 12:29   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanayr View Post
Kashipur to Ramnagar starts out patchy but gets better the closer you get to Ramnagar (lets say 90% smooth tarmac). That said, the road from Tanda to Bazpur and from there to Kaladunghi and further onto your resort midway should turn out faster due to lesser traffic for sure, in terms of road/tarmac quality, I think it will be the same.
Thanks.

Reached resort. Roads were good from tanda till resort.
Infact entire route from Delhi is superb now.
nitinralli is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 11:23   #93
BHPian

Hello All,

Need your suggestions on

1.Recommended(fastest) route from Delhi Airport to Jim Corbett. Planning to drive from Delhi Airport at starting 10.30 AM on 21st May (Sunday).
Maps says roughly 5 and half hours via Delhi - Ghaziabad - Hapur - Gajraula -Moradabad - Dalpatpur(take left) - Kashipur - Ramnagar
2. Have booked self drive car from Mychoize and i believe i will passing 2 states (UP and Uttarkhand) and will have to pay entry fee for entering these 2 states. Please correct if my understanding is wrong.
3. Recommended route from Jim Corbett to Rishikesh
4. Recommended route from Rishikesh to Delhi

Sanketh
Old 15th May 2023, 11:55   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudarsanketh View Post
Hello All,

Need your suggestions on

1.Recommended(fastest) route from Delhi Airport to Jim Corbett. Planning to drive from Delhi Airport at starting 10.30 AM on 21st May (Sunday).
Maps says roughly 5 and half hours via Delhi - Ghaziabad - Hapur - Gajraula -Moradabad - Dalpatpur(take left) - Kashipur - Ramnagar
As a person who travels every month to Corbett from Gurgaon, the route mentioned above is the one I always take during day time. The road is good and the traffic other than at dalpatpur cut is always going to be very less as compared to the other routes. Some suggestions:
1) Try to avoid the route from Joya side via Amroha->Kanth-> Thakurdwara as the road goes through many small towns/ villages and sometimes google also gets confused. It is a shorter route, but chances of getting stuck and lost are more
2) Don't take the left turn that is just after the Moradabad Bypass. People get confused as there is a board that points left and says Jim Corbett Park. The road is full of craters*that can easily swallow 2 wheelers.
3) Do not take any route that is recommended by google maps that takes you through Moradabad.

I haven't had a chance to go to the Rishikesh side from Corbett, but I think there is one road from Kashipur to Haridwar.

Thanks,
Slushmaster
Slushmaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 12:45   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudarsanketh View Post
3. Recommended route from Jim Corbett to Rishikesh
4. Recommended route from Rishikesh to Delhi
1 & 2 answered already.

I did Jim Corbett to Haridwar and then Chandigarh in March.

You will need to come to Kashipur from Corbett and then onwards to Haridwar. Mostly all 4 lane until Najibabad. Don't take bypass of Najibabad instead go via town. It might be bit crowded but it's shorter and the bypass is broken. Construction work was going on, so do check the exact condition here, usually if the road is complete, you don't need to do anything and it will bypass the town.

You can go to Rishikesh from Haridwar and return has to be via Haridwar- Roorkee- Muzafarnagar- Merut- Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
As a person who travels every month to Corbett from Gurgaon, the route mentioned above is the one I always take during day time.
No matter what we take, I always find the route from Moradabad to Kashipur very exhausting and if you have a sedan with low clearance/ German, I will take recommend considering extra 60-70Km and instead go via Rudrapur- Kashipur- Corbett. Completely 4 lane.

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th May 2023 at 12:52.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 20:13   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
No matter what we take, I always find the route from Moradabad to Kashipur very exhausting and if you have a sedan with low clearance/ German, I will take recommend considering extra 60-70Km and instead go via Rudrapur- Kashipur- Corbett. Completely 4 lane.
You are absolutely right about the route to Kashipur and even after Kashipur it's not that great. At few places the road is more like Gurgaon's Golf Course extension road with hidden potholes and bumps. Fortunately I have my trusted Fortuner to deal with the roads/no roads and I think Toyota purposefully built these cars for such roads.

Off Topic: In the late 90s we used to travel from Bareilly to Ramnagar via Rudrapur and your recommendation on reaching Kashipur via Rudrapur stirred so many memories. Will surely try this route in the near future.

Thanks,
Slushmaster
Old 15th November 2023, 11:15   #97

Just did New Delhi - Jim Corbett - New Delhi over this Diwali Break. Took the Google maps route from Delhi-Ghaziabad-Hapur-Moradabad-Kashipur-Ramnagar the road was decent baring the usual Moradabad stretch where I was thanking god on being in a Mahindra. On our way back took the pleasant detour using some of the suggestions on this thread. Corbett-Bazpur-Tanda-Dalpatpur-Parag Dairy NH-New Delhi. The patch in district Moradabad was bad but not as bad as the earlier route taken towards Corbett. Corbett-Bazpur stretch was a wonderful drive [2 lane] between the farm lands but be cautious if speeding beyond 70 mph. Stopovers were good with hygienic washrooms - Jhilmill Dhaba; Moga Punjabi Dhaba [both in Garh Mukhteshwar-Gajraula stretch];

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks