Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 20:05   #16
BHPian

Blr-Chitradurga-Hubli-Gadag an ideal route with less troubles. Reaching late Hubli will be a horrifying experience to find hotels. Hence stay at Chitradurga bye-pass or Davengere is suggested.

Route after Bankapur till Haveri is questionable, but the remaining stretch would be a breeze. Traditional 2 lane road from Hubli to Gadag is also in good shape and expect a moderate traffic.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:13   #17
BHPian

@Dhanasekaran, I just did the Blr-Chitradurga-Haveri-Bankapur Cross - Savnur - Lakshmeshwar - Gadag this morning. I did it in 7.5 hours with 2 breaks.

You need not go to Bankapur, its bankapur cross where you need to take the change from NH4. Its 73 Kms from the cross to gadag and this stretch is reasonable.

On the Hubli - Gadag road, its a breeze for few patches here and there and some unmarked humps. Do not venture on this road beyond 8 PM, its a nightmare due to heavy traffic of mining Trucks.
Old 9th May 2011, 11:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Gadag - Bangalore

I am planning to drive back from Gadag via Mundargi - Ittigi - Kotturu -Jagalur - Chitradurga -Bangalore route at the end of this month.

Has anyone travelled on this road and can please let me know how is the road condition?
Old 9th May 2011, 11:55   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Gadag - Bangalore road condition

@Fauji,

Any specific reason to go via Kotturu - Jagalur ?

Suggest you reach NH-4 (PB Road) first (Gadag-Bankapur), and then follow the highway. Inspite of the incomplete sections of the highway, this route should be faster & on better roads than the interior sections.
Old 9th May 2011, 14:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gadag - Bangalore road condition

Condor,

I am visiting the famous temple complex in Lakkundi near Gadag on my way back from Dandeli Lakkundi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and after that instead of taking the road to NH 4 wanted to go via Mundargi - Itagi to see another gem of Chalukyan teample - Ittagi Mahadeva temple Mahadeva Temple, Itagi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - and then join NH 4 at Chitradurga via Jagalur.
Old 9th May 2011, 21:59   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Gadag - Bangalore

@Fauji, pls PM Deepak Chiniwal (see posts above in this thread). He should be able to help you out with correct information of the route you want to take.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 09:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Gadag - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Fauji, pls PM Deepak Chiniwal (see posts above in this thread). He should be able to help you out with correct information of the route you want to take.
Thank you sir. I will get in touch with Deepak.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks