Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2012, 23:30   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Kishangarh / Sikar to Bhatinda : Route Queries

If someone has to drive from Ahmedabad to Srinagar / Sonamarg without touching Aritsar and want to by-pass Jaipur - Delhi mess, would the following route be OK?

A'bad - Kishangarh - SH 7 Makrana - Didwana - NH7D - Join NH 65 at Jaswantgarh - Sujangarh - Ratangarh - Sardar Sahar - Rawatsar - Mandi Dabwali - NH 64 till Bhatinda - then nh 15 - Moga - NH71 till - Jallendher.

The distance on google is 1288 and time about 20 hours.

I need some clarifications from experienced friends who have done this route / sections of this route.

1. Is this the fastest route to Srinagar.

2. My timings form Ahmedabad to Kishangarh is 5 AM to 0100 PM, lunch at Hotel Pangarh. Will it be possible to do Kishangarh - Bhatinda 0200 PM to 0800 PM? Distance of about 500 KM? What average speeds are possible? For seasoned drivers / with change of drivers, will it be possible to push up to Jalandhar on day1 ? It's just 160 KM & 2-3 hours away. Would be a tight drive?

3. Will it be possible to do Jalandhar to Sonamarg on day 2 - 550 KM in 10-12 hours?

I would be grateful for as much information form Kishangarh to Jalandhar sections and road conditions. Idea is to push from A'bad to Sonamarg as fast as possible with just minimal stops.

Thanks in advance.

--Ramky
======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 28th March 2012 at 23:32.
Old 29th March 2012, 01:07   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Rawatsar - Mandi Dabwali - NH 64 till Bhatinda
Avoid this stretch, the road between Sangria- Mandi Dabwali is non motorable, Dabwali-Bathinda stretch will also rob you of time.

Take Rawatsar-Hanumangarh-Abohar-Bathinda stretch, you will save a lot of time and energy.
Old 29th March 2012, 09:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If someone has to drive from Ahmedabad to Srinagar / Sonamarg without touching Aritsar and want to by-pass Jaipur - Delhi mess, would the following route be OK?

A'bad - Kishangarh - SH 7 Makrana - Didwana - NH7D - Join NH 65 at Jaswantgarh - Sujangarh - Ratangarh - Sardar Sahar - Rawatsar - Mandi Dabwali - NH 64 till Bhatinda - then nh 15 - Moga - NH71 till - Jallendher.

The distance on google is 1288 and time about 20 hours.

I need some clarifications from experienced friends who have done this route / sections of this route.

1. Is this the fastest route to Srinagar.

2. My timings form Ahmedabad to Kishangarh is 5 AM to 0100 PM, lunch at Hotel Pangarh. Will it be possible to do Kishangarh - Bhatinda 0200 PM to 0800 PM? Distance of about 500 KM? What average speeds are possible? For seasoned drivers / with change of drivers, will it be possible to push up to Jalandhar on day1 ? It's just 160 KM & 2-3 hours away. Would be a tight drive?

3. Will it be possible to do Jalandhar to Sonamarg on day 2 - 550 KM in 10-12 hours?

I would be grateful for as much information form Kishangarh to Jalandhar sections and road conditions. Idea is to push from A'bad to Sonamarg as fast as possible with just minimal stops.

Thanks in advance.

--Ramky
======

Check out the route details in this route guide, for Kishangarh-Hanumangarh-Abohar-Amritsar.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VVBVktJUGhBU2c

Excellent route, 430 kms from Kishangarh to Hanumangarh took me just 5.5 hours. Toll road costs you just Rs 195 (one through ticket for 5 toll gates).

As a.anshuman said, the Hanumangarh-Dabwali-road is perpetually in bad shape, hence use the rute via Abohar to Faridkot, avoiding Bhatinda. Alternatively, you can connect to Jalandhar from Bhatinda to avoid the densely populated region of Punjab which you will have to go through from Abohar to Pathankot via Amritsar.

Amritsar can be easily bypassed. If you leave from Kishangarh in the morning, you can comfortably reach Amritsar that evening. Alternatively, you can leave from Ahmedabad and plan your first halt at either Sardarshahr (Hotel Kuber Palace), Ratangad (RTDC) or even Hanumangarh (HOtel Rajvi Palace). Other faiclities are very poor.

THis is defnitely the fastest route to Srinagar, avoiding both Jaipur & NCR, besides escaping the road widening mess in Jaipur-Delhi & beyond Ambala till Jalandhar.

You can comfortably drive from Amritsar/Jalandhar to Sonmarg. However, it also depends on time of the season. If during Amarnath Yatra period (Jul 15-Aug 15), expect heavy traffic on NH1A from Pathankot onwards. In worst case scenario, you may have to stay back in Srinagar. However, staying in Sonmarg is preferred since you can take the early morning time slot for crossing Zoji la towards Kargil.
Old 29th March 2012, 12:11   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Check out the route details in this route guide, for Kishangarh-Hanumangarh-Abohar-Amritsar.

Excellent route, 430 kms from Kishangarh to Hanumangarh took me just 5.5 hours. Toll road costs you just Rs 195 (one through ticket for 5 toll gates).

As a.anshuman said, the Hanumangarh-Dabwali-road is perpetually in bad shape, hence use the rute via Abohar to Faridkot, avoiding Bhatinda. Alternatively, you can connect to Jalandhar from Bhatinda to avoid the densely populated region of Punjab which you will have to go through from Abohar to Pathankot via Amritsar.

Amritsar can be easily bypassed. If you leave from Kishangarh in the morning, you can comfortably reach Amritsar that evening. Alternatively, you can leave from Ahmedabad and plan your first halt at either Sardarshahr (Hotel Kuber Palace), Ratangad (RTDC) or even Hanumangarh (HOtel Rajvi Palace). Other faiclities are very poor.

THis is defnitely the fastest route to Srinagar, avoiding both Jaipur & NCR, besides escaping the road widening mess in Jaipur-Delhi & beyond Ambala till Jalandhar.

You can comfortably drive from Amritsar/Jalandhar to Sonmarg. However, it also depends on time of the season. If during Amarnath Yatra period (Jul 15-Aug 15), expect heavy traffic on NH1A from Pathankot onwards. In worst case scenario, you may have to stay back in Srinagar. However, staying in Sonmarg is preferred since you can take the early morning time slot for crossing Zoji la towards Kargil.
I was saving you for the final planning sheet If I myself work out the plan, I would understand each step more clearly, will call you. Been carefully studying your Team Leh Expedition page by page, there's so much to enjoy and understand. Also talked to SSTraveler today morning to check his Pangong -Tso Moriri drive path & see where all he used 4x4, I think you and team took the same route.

You may reacall, I've done part of the route on my way back from Dalhouse, Amritsar, Jodhpur, after Punjab Border till Jodhpur it was clean and fast. Staying at Srinagar is not a problem, we have a field team of 5 people there, they would help me out. I want to make it to Sonmarg so that we will catch the morning gate and reach Panikhar to relax there.

Thanks a ton for the detailed information.

@ Anshuman: Thanks for the head up, will replan.

--Ramky
======
Old 29th March 2012, 13:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

Studied your excel, impressive bits of information as usual. My questions as I want to avoid the Amritsir -Pathankoat - NH 15, which will zap 3 hours.

Thinking of Taking a RT at Kot Korar Kalan into Firozpur Road, NH 95, reach Moga, BP Moga, take NH71 from Dosanjh - Nakodar - Jalandhar - which looks shorter, but may not be faster.

Does anyone have information on this section, from Kot Korar Kalan to Jalandhar and how much time it should take, this distance is about 100 Kms.

--Ramky
======
Old 29th March 2012, 13:08   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thinking of Taking a RT at Kot Korar Kalan into Firozpur Road, NH 95, reach Moga, BP Moga, take NH71 from Dosanjh - Nakodar - Jalandhar - which looks shorter, but may not be faster.

Does anyone have information on this section, from Kot Korar Kalan to Jalandhar and how much time it should take, this distance is about 100 Kms.

--Ramky
======
That route is a good option to reach Jalandhar from where you can connect with NH1A and go to Pathankot.
Old 12th May 2012, 11:36   #67

hi i am travelling from mumbai to amritsar this month. wanted to know whether the kishangarh- hanumangarh-amritsar is a better option than the jaipur-delhi-amritsar route
Old 12th May 2012, 12:16   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inteldriver View Post
hi i am travelling from mumbai to amritsar this month. wanted to know whether the kishangarh- hanumangarh-amritsar is a better option than the jaipur-delhi-amritsar route
Yes, definitely, helps avoid Jaipur, Jaipur-Delhi, NCR & the Ambala-Jalandhar messes.

Moreover, the Hanumangarh route is superfast. It is possible to drive Bombay-Amritsar the same day using this route. Note to avoid Bhatinda & go from Hanumangarh via Abohar, Ferozepur & Taran Taran.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2012, 12:46   #69

but i would like to break my journey as i dont like night driving. If i start from mumbai at 5 am with a night break at chittaurgarh and the next day from chittaurgarh to amritsar. Does this travel plan seem feasible?
i like to enjoy the drive and do not want to stress myself. Also the hvkumar the time you told me is without small breaks or with the small breaks?
Old 12th May 2012, 12:48   #70

i would like to know the approximate travel time from mumbai to amritsar without breaks
Old 12th May 2012, 13:49   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but i would like to break my journey as i dont like night driving. If i start from mumbai at 5 am with a night break at chittaurgarh and the next day from chittaurgarh to amritsar. Does this travel plan seem feasible?
i like to enjoy the drive and do not want to stress myself. Also the hvkumar the time you told me is without small breaks or with the small breaks?
Chittorgarh is a good place to break the day's drive - stay at RTDC Hotel Panna.
If you leave early next morning, you can make it to Amritsar, but you may reach a little late night.

Quote:
i would like to know the approximate travel time from mumbai to amritsar without breaks
Timings (assuming 2 hrs of breaks):
Bombay-Ahmedabad 10 hrs-Udaipur 4 hrs-Chittorgarh 1 hr
Chittorgarh-Kishangarh 3.5 hrs-Hanumangarh 6 hrs-Amritsar 5 hrs
Old 12th May 2012, 14:50   #72

Please what are the essential Dos and donts? On thread there was some thing about yellow stickers what's that? Also there was some chat about harassment by cops, is it for real?
I am travelling with my family so is the kishangarh hanumangarh stretch safe?
Old 12th May 2012, 18:53   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please what are the essential Dos and donts? On thread there was some thing about yellow stickers what's that? Also there was some chat about harassment by cops, is it for real?
I am travelling with my family so is the kishangarh hanumangarh stretch safe?
Cops in RJ & GJ are known to harass out-of-state cars for not affixing yellow strip stickers in the right side headlamps, so better to have one.

No safety issues on Kishangarh-Hanumangarh, although the roads are pretty lonely and devoid of any great facilities.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 13:48   #74
BHPian

Driving directions from Delhi to Bhatinda( punjab )

Dear fellow members
Self is planning a trip to bhatinda next weekend by road along with my wife and daughter , can you please advise me the route along with trusted petrol pumps safe eating joints . toll plazas and road conditions along the route.
All the inputs would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance
Old 7th August 2014, 22:26   #75
Senior - BHPian

KISHANGARH to Jammu - Fastest route

I searched for the exact route, found a lot of answers, not current and hence started this. If answer already exists, mods please merge the thread. Thanks.

If I want to reach from Ahhmedabad to Srinagar, what is the fastest route by-passing Delhi. The obvious answer is Kishangarh - Sardarsahar - Hanumangarh - Bhatinda - Moga - Jalandhar and then on to Srinagar on NH1

Up to Hanumangarh is clear to me. From there route option:

1. Hanumangarh - Mandi Dabwali - by pass Bhatinda - Moga - Jalandhar
2. Hanumangarh - Abohar BP - Mallout - Sri Muktar Sahib - Kot Kapura - Bhagh purana - Moga - Jalandhar - Nakodar - Jalandhar
  • Which is the fastest route, ideally toll roads?
  • Approximate timings for this stretch?
Any other information regarding o this segment would also be useful. Thanks in advance.

--Ramky
=====

Last edited by ramkya1 : 7th August 2014 at 22:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks