Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2019, 22:50   #106
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 260
Thanked: 241 Times
Default Re: Kishangarh / Sikar to Bhatinda : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You can’t do this in one day with family so depending on the time you start from Udaipur, plan night stay in any of the big towns on the way.
Any specific reason why it cant be done in one day? I will be starting from UDaipur in the morning. Google says around 12-13 hrs for either of the route.

Last edited by ampere : 19th April 2019 at 07:01. Reason: compacted quoted post
Sandy28 is offline  
Old 18th April 2019, 22:59   #107
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 8,737 Times
Default Re: Kishangarh / Sikar to Bhatinda : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
Any specific reason why it cant be done in one day? I will be starting from UDaipur in the morning. Google says around 12-13 hrs for either of the route.
I see this to be more like 16-18 hour journey more so since you are with family, it will be easier if you do in 2 days. Please recheck google

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Udai...31.6339793!3e0

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Udai...339793!3e0!5i1
Turbanator is online now  
Old 18th April 2019, 23:09   #108
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 260
Thanked: 241 Times
Default Re: Kishangarh / Sikar to Bhatinda : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I see this to be more like 16-18 hour journey more so since you are with family, it will be easier if you do in 2 days. Please recheck google

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Udai...31.6339793!3e0

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Udai...339793!3e0!5i1
oops sorry my bad. I had put Kishangarh - Amritsar in Google

If I can stretch the previous day upto Ajmer/Kishangarh, then I can do it in one day. Let me relook at my plan. Thanks.

BTW, between the two routes, which will you suggest? Will there be proper restaurants on the Hanumangarh route?
Sandy28 is offline  
Old 19th April 2019, 08:52   #109
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 8,737 Times
Default Re: Kishangarh / Sikar to Bhatinda : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
If I can stretch the previous day upto Ajmer/Kishangarh, then I can do it in one day.
That will be too little drive on Day 1. Udaipur- Kishangarh is more like 5-6 hours.

Quote:
BTW, between the two routes, which will you suggest? Will there be proper restaurants on the Hanumangarh route?
If I am not mistaken, Makrana- Sardarshahr - Hanumangarh - Bhatinda will be faster, have a look at this post from the past, previously the roads on some parts were bad but now all should be tolled highways, you can perhaps check at Hanumangarh to continue via Bhatinda or Abohar. (Google + Local inputs on the day of travel!)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hanu...339793!3e0!5i1

Via Bhatinda is about the same but little faster

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hanu...31.6339793!3e0

An old post -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post2729545 (Kishangarh / Sikar to Bhatinda : Route Queries)

Food & fuel should not be a problem anywhere on highways these days.

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th April 2019 at 09:01.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
How I bought myself a Porsche at 25 years old
The 10 worst Indian cars of the last decade
Mustang crashes into truck driver - shows no remorse
Don't be naive, all of this happens before your PDI
Polo GTI falls off a flyover captured on video
Miscreants assault me & my car - justice prevails
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks