Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 15:33   #1
BHPian

Mumbai airport To Pune : Taxi services?

Hi Guys, does any one know if I can get a prepaid taxi from Mumbai CSIA to Pune? What is the procedure for that? Do these guys have time limits when they would drive and when not? Will they go to any destination in Pune or only to the taxi stand? Are Meru/Akbar better options?

Although I don't mind the money, being an emergency, but if you know approximate cost then let me know.

Thanks.
P.S. Internet is throwing up zilch on this.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:46   #2
BHPian

re: Mumbai airport To Pune : Taxi services?

try booking on KK Travels, its pune based travel agency. The provide regular services for Mumbai Drop from PUne and Pune drop from Mumbai Airport. There are quite fine, i have utilised there services. charges are 750rs per seat.
link: KK travels
Old 16th June 2011, 15:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
Hi Guys, does any one know if I can get a prepaid taxi from Mumbai CSIA to Pune? What is the procedure for that? Do these guys have time limits when they would drive and when not? Will they go to any destination in Pune or only to the taxi stand? Are Meru/Akbar better options?

Although I don't mind the money, being an emergency, but if you know approximate cost then let me know.

Thanks.
No idea about pre-paid taxis, but if you don't get any info on them, this is another alternative for you:

KK Travels

EDIT: Looks like shabahmad posted the same info as I did, just before me :-)

Mods, please delete my post if you feel it's redundant.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 16th June 2011 at 15:50.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

You can book KK travels from your current country by calling them with the airline and the flight arrival time. They book a seat for you in one of their hourly cabs which depart from the airport. They are quite good and charge 650 rupees per seat when I last used them.
An alternative to KK is Sandi's.
They drop you at any address you specify.

PS : Looks like there were multiple posts about KK Travels.

Last edited by sajo : 16th June 2011 at 15:50.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
There are two main operators who do this (many trips a day).
SANDI'S
KK Travels

They charge per head. I do not know if they drop you to your home or not. But while going to the airport, they do pick you up from your home. So I would assume they do that while bringing people back to Pune.

If you wish to hire a car for yourself (like A/C Indica), you can do so from some tour operators. Last year the rate was Rs. 1900 for A/C Indica. They drop you to your destination in Pune. The rates might have increased now. Also if they have to come and wait at the airport, they charge you the parking charges at actuals. The parking charges are very high in the airport. To avoid this, you can ask the operator to ask the driver to wait outside the airport and once you reach the departure (car pick-up area), you can call the taxi in. I have in the past used Kingsway Travels from pune. If you need their number, I will pm you. They have always offered me good service.

Ah.. too many posts on KK Travels.

Last edited by pjbiju : 16th June 2011 at 15:53.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:52   #6
BHPian

Vikam, shabahmad, thanks much guys. Will call up KK.

Greatful.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:59   #7
Team-BHP Support

You will find prepaid taxis at Mumbai Int'l Airport.

They generally have a fixed rate for most areas of Pune; if you place is way off each of them, they will still drop you at your place but might charge extra.

No fixed times of driving/not driving.

Probably the best Mumbai-Pune options at night are Sandi's and KK Travels - only thing is they have these mini-buses (Tempo Traveller types); so they won't move until there are passengers. However, they are hugely popular with advance bookings so you could try.

PS : Took some time to post the reply and there were many replies already!
Old 16th June 2011, 16:00   #8
BHPian

I've used the services of "My Corporate Car" over the past 8 months to travel from Pune to Mumbai airport & vice versa as their fare is quite competitive. I paid 2000 rupees for a one way journey. The best part is that they have only Indigo XL's in their fleet, but since they are CNG powered some of the boot space gets lost.
Old 16th June 2011, 16:04   #9
BHPian

You can book a cool cab. The charge from international airport to Pune for an Indica is 1630 including expressway toll. I hired one last month. I don't know how much they charge for sedans (Indigos/Logans).

http://www.citycoolcab.in/services.html

They drop you anywhere in Pune.

The wait outside the airport and call you before coming in to save on parking charges. You will get an SMS of the driver details on the day you take the facility.

Let me know if you need more details.

Pradeep

Quote:

Thanks.

Last edited by pradkumar : 16th June 2011 at 16:09.
Old 16th June 2011, 16:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

I would like to flag a concern with any taxi that you hire on this route. Before starting the journey please confirm that the driver is well rested. If not, it is better to wait and ask him to rest for a while (perhaps an hour or so) rather than risk being driven by someone not alert enough. The problem is that they sometimes do not have enough resting time between pickups/ drops.

I have had the same experience with both Sandi & KK travels when I rented their cars for this route, admittedly till last year. On the other extreme, I also a found a driver who was alert and rested but unbelievably rash. Just be careful while taking a cab on the e-way and please ensure the driver is told to drive safe in no uncertain terms.
Old 16th June 2011, 17:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

Recommended - KK Travels, you can contact Mr. Suresh 09371099797. He is their representative in Mumbai.

Spike
Old 17th June 2011, 15:40   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Useful thread. Am archiving it for future use.

I second what selfdrive is saying: when I got dropped to Pune from Mumbai after an official trip once on Sunday evening, the driver told me he had been waiting at the airport since dropping off a passenger late Thursday night.

I offered to drive the Tavera so that he could rest but he said he was fine and had got enough sleep in the cab. The fleet owner had apparently told him not to return without a passenger or it would be docked from his salary. Inhuman!
Old 17th June 2011, 16:31   #13
BHPian

Yes, it absolutely is useful. And thanks to all for replying back so quickly. I had to take care of one thing less.

This is a community to belong to.

Mods, my mistake for the incorrect spelling in the thread title. Please can we correct that? Many a folks will search by keywords in thread title and this will nor show up.
Old 24th January 2014, 08:39   #14
BHPian

Re: Mumbai-Pune-Kolhapur-Goa

Hey folks - I have a question. From the Mumbai domestic airport or Navi Mumbai area, how do you get to Pune? I know there must surely be organized transport at bus stations but is there any other option where I can just stand and get picked up towards Pune? Way back, 13-14 years ago, there used to be Indicas running with the words "Mumbai-Pune" plastered on their windshields.

What is the best way to get across these cities. Also, how to get back. I will be doing these trips in broad daylight with no or little luggage.
Old 24th January 2014, 09:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Hey folks - I have a question. From the Mumbai domestic airport or Navi Mumbai area, how do you get to Pune? I know there must surely be organized transport at bus stations but is there any other option where I can just stand and get picked up towards Pune?
Wrong thread, perhaps the mods can move to the relevant thread.
While we are at it, shared taxis should be available at the exit gate. If you want you can pre book a seat with KK travels or Sandi's. their fleet ensures you have a taxi every hour or two during arrivals. You can check their websites for contact numbers and booking by phone. If your flight is delayed they will transfer you to another cab.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks