Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 23:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Shame on L&T - Calling NH-7 - Thoppur Ghat section Road Users to register complia

The only way to solve things is to use the RTI. And to file multiple complaints every 60 days till it is resolved naming the specific officer.
Old 20th September 2011, 15:20   #17
BHPian

Re: Shame on L&T - Calling NH-7 - Thoppur Ghat section Road Users to register complia

I am not sure if this stretch of road is under the toll road built by L&T. Their toll ends at the gate where they collect toll ( immediately after the BP Ghar Dhaba close to Thoppur, while moving in Salem direction). It starts immediately after the Krishnagiri flyover and ends at the toll gate

But I had once filed grievance against them for their Coimbatore bypass, for opening only single gate inspite of the long queue that formed. Again, it is not technically under NHAI

-tortoise

Last edited by tortoise : 20th September 2011 at 15:21.
Old 21st September 2011, 20:10   #18
BHPian

@Tortoise - Thoppur Ghat is converted in to 4 lane by NHAI way back in 2003 or 04. Approximately same time when Hosur - KGiri section has been completed. NHAI laid down from Dharmapuri (where L&T toll gate is there) to Omalur later when the entire stretch is four laned. Around a year or 1.5 years back, it has been handed over to L&T for maintenance. Thats when L&T has raised the Toll rate from 48 Rs to 66 Rs for including another 40 KMs (apprx) this stretch.
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Around a year or 1.5 years back, it has been handed over to L&T for maintenance. Thats when L&T has raised the Toll rate from 48 Rs to 66 Rs for including another 40 KMs (apprx) this stretch.
@blorebuddy, I was not aware of that. I remember asking the guy in toll booth, why they hiked toll. But, he just smiled. thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 13:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Fortunately L&T has woken up. All the humps are gone when I travelled on the route last weekend. The uneven surfaces also repaired. Though the last coat of asphalt is pending.
Another problem has cropped up on the road between Krishnagiri and Hosur is full of loose gravel. Chips were flying off and hitting the car like fire flies.
Old 23rd October 2011, 00:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Shame on L&T - Calling NH-7 - Thoppur Ghat section Road Users to register complai

I did the Thoppur Ghat section last weekend. As pointed out by poloman, all humps have been removed and road is repaired now. Its 90% smooth drive now.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 08:13   #22
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Shame on L&T - Calling NH-7 - Thoppur Ghat section Road Users to register complai

Took the Thoppur ghat route en route Coimbatore, Palakkad last weekend.
As poloman and ramesh have pointed out the road surface undulations on this stretch are gone, it's a new layer of ashphalt and roughening (uniform strips) of surface in one lane to help truckers manouevre their machines.
While the humps are gone, the signages still exist (1/8, 2/8, etc). There are white strips marked in place of the humps but it's confusing and surprises you since you're really expecting the humps and end up slowing down a lot before you realise there are no humps !
Also noticed several stretches where poles have been erected to indicate the extent to which widening is proposed but very few stretches have any kind of serious work in progress - this when the tolls have been almost doubled at Krishnagiri and Thoppur
Old 21st November 2011, 15:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Infact this road is not built according to road physics, I felt. So much of vehicle swinging and mountain size speed breakers, craters in middle of road. During my Munnar drive last April, I really had very horrible time crossing this section even in my Safari. It was little better during January when I went to Rameshwaram.

It is really shame on L&T as they are not building this road and collecting money from all motor vehicle. Someone informed here that, they have increased the toll rate also.

How government allow them to do so, if the road is so poor?

Edit: Found this Circular of NHAI. Where they are asking officers to open Facebook account for complaint redressal. Check this out. Is there facebook group exists for NHAI? I did not find one.

http://www.nhai.org/CircularRCRSS.pdf

Edit - 2: I got NHAI facebook page for complaint. Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

You can post all complain here and it is believe to be fastest grievance redressal forum for NHAI.
I posted a protest note but wonder if anyone from NHAI is going through the facebook account?? Hope its not a publicity stunt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks