Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2012, 14:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Route : Jaunpur to Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Indeed very useful information. I know, climbing the sides of the detours where bridges are under construction can be an ordeal. I had to do it in 4 to 5 places on NH 33 between Barhi and Hazaribag in Jharkhand, soon after crossing Barhi town.

Is there an option of reaching Sagar and then taking the route to Jabalpur to be on NH 7? Is Jabalpur - Nagpur a four-lanes road?

Vipin.
Ideally, you should take Sagar-Narasingpur-Chindwara route to Nagpur, which was excellent before the rains. Jabalpur-Laknadon-Seoni-Nagpur route has lots of bad sections (it is 4 laned from Laknadon onwards, with some sections of ghats/forests still 2-laned)
Old 27th September 2012, 14:59   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Ideally, you should take Sagar-Narasingpur-Chindwara route to Nagpur, which was excellent before the rains. Jabalpur-Laknadon-Seoni-Nagpur route has lots of bad sections (it is 4 laned from Laknadon onwards, with some sections of ghats/forests still 2-laned)
Thanks again. So what will be the ideal break-up for a leisurely drive from Lucknow to Hyderabad?

Day 1: Lucknow-Kanpur-Jhansi
Day 2: Jhansi - Nagpur
Day 3: Nagpur - Hyderabad

In this, I would like to drive the Lucknow-Jhansi section in a forenoon itself, as the afternoon drive will make one continuously encounter the sun! The afternoon/evening can be spent on sightseeing in Jhansi.

Then, my intention is to take the Sagar-Laknadon route. Since I get more time, I think I can take the trouble. What will be the distance between these two places and approximate time required? 4-laning must be over at least in some sections, I suppose.

Can I reach Hyderabad by 8 pm if I leave Nagpur by 11 am/12 noon?

Vipin.
Old 27th September 2012, 15:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then, my intention is to take the Sagar-Laknadon route. Since I get more time, I think I can take the trouble. What will be the distance between these two places and approximate time required? 4-laning must be over at least in some sections, I suppose.

Can I reach Hyderabad by 8 pm if I leave Nagpur by 11 am/12 noon?
At the moment,people driving the n-s corridor are all coming via the Narsingpur-Chhindwara-Nagpur route.

12noon departure would see you touching HYD outskirts at Medchal by 8-9pm.Hinganghat-Pandharkawda is a problem sector
Old 27th September 2012, 21:24   #34
BHPian

In July and August this year I did Hyderabad-Nagpur_Hyderabad 3 times. Average time taken was 7 hours. NH7 is excellent through out AP and you can maintain 100kmph. The problematic portion is about 75 kms between AP border and Pandarkawda (45 kms) and 30 kms between Pandarkawda and Hingenghat. Roads s are almost non existent. It appears that road widening work is suspended for some reason. A word of caution, while returning from Nagpur, donot forget to take left turn at Jamb village.
envyravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 13:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyravi View Post
The problematic portion is about 75 kms between AP border and Pandarkawda (45 kms) and 30 kms between Pandarkawda and Hingenghat. Roads s are almost non existent. It appears that road widening work is suspended for some reason. A word of caution, while returning from Nagpur, donot forget to take left turn at Jamb village.
Thanks a lot.

Why is the left-turn required? Is it a detour due to repair work? Is there any landmark before reaching Jamb village?

Is otherwise the Nagpur - Hyderabad NH 7 a 4-lane road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
At the moment,people driving the n-s corridor are all coming via the Narsingpur-Chhindwara-Nagpur route.

12noon departure would see you touching HYD outskirts at Medchal by 8-9pm.Hinganghat-Pandharkawda is a problem sector
Thanks ranjitp. is the Narsingpur-Chindwara route better and better equipped with places for food, etc? I hope it is a traditional 2-lane state highway. But if it is in excellent condition, and with less traffic, it should be fine enough. Does it save time substantially over the Laknadon-Seoni route to Nagpur from Sagar?

Vipin.
Old 29th September 2012, 08:15   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot.

Why is the left-turn required? Is it a detour due to repair work? Is there any landmark before reaching Jamb village?

Is otherwise the Nagpur - Hyderabad NH 7 a 4-lane road?

Vipin.
Nagpur - Hyderabad is 4 lane road through out, except for the portions i mentioned earlier. The roads are excellent and well maintained and the traffic is less. Almost all towns, villages are by passed. On my last trip I remember that the by pass road at Armoor village was ready but not opened for traffic. I think they have opened it now.

Jamb is about 65 kms from Nagpur and the NH7 takes a right turn there. Sorry, i said left turn in my earlier post. The problem is there are no clear signs and one tend to drive straight there.
Old 24th November 2012, 08:16   #37
BHPian

Would anyone know the road conditions on NH7 from Hyderabad to Jabalpur via Nagpur and from Jabalpur to Allahabad?

I intend to take a drive on this route next week and any help in road conditions would help me take a call to drive or travel by other means.

Cheers,
Old 24th November 2012, 11:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Would anyone know the road conditions on NH7 from Hyderabad to Jabalpur via Nagpur and from Jabalpur to Allahabad?

I intend to take a drive on this route next week and any help in road conditions would help me take a call to drive or travel by other means.

Cheers,
Hyderabad-Nagpur has bad sections in Pandharkawada-Hinganghat section

Nagpur-Jabalpur NH7 has several bad sections, so we avoid going that way. Alternative route to be taken is SH roads (fantastic condition):
Nagpur-Chhindwara-Narasingpur-Jabalpur.

Jabalpur-Maihar NH7 is also best avoided, especially the first sector till Katni.
Alternative route is SH roads:
Jabalapur-(Amarkantak road)-Shahpura-Umariya-Bandhavgarh-Maihar

Maihar-Rewa-Allahabad road is good, except for a small stretch of bad roads at the MP-UP border around Katra.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 11:50   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Hyderabad-Nagpur has bad sections in Pandharkawada-Hinganghat section

Nagpur-Jabalpur NH7 has several bad sections, so we avoid going that way. Alternative route to be taken is SH roads (fantastic condition):
Nagpur-Chhindwara-Narasingpur-Jabalpur.

Jabalpur-Maihar NH7 is also best avoided, especially the first sector till Katni.
Alternative route is SH roads:
Jabalapur-(Amarkantak road)-Shahpura-Umariya-Bandhavgarh-Maihar

Maihar-Rewa-Allahabad road is good, except for a small stretch of bad roads at the MP-UP border around Katra.
Thanks, HVK for a quick response.

Are these routes good for low GC sedan? My options are my Octy / RS or a friend's Scorpio.

Cheers,
Old 24th November 2012, 16:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Thanks, HVK for a quick response.

Are these routes good for low GC sedan? My options are my Octy / RS or a friend's Scorpio.

Cheers,
Of course, they are very good roads and bets for any car
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:38   #41
BHPian

Any update on the Jhansi-Sagar-Lakhnadon road condition? Is it well-made, and four-laned now? Did any one travel/drive this way?

Are there hotels, etc, in Sagar for a night stay with family? How much time one will probably take from Jhansi to reach Sagar?

Vipin.
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any update on the Jhansi-Sagar-Lakhnadon road condition? Is it well-made, and four-laned now? Did any one travel/drive this way?

Are there hotels, etc, in Sagar for a night stay with family? How much time one will probably take from Jhansi to reach Sagar?

Vipin.
Jahnsi-Sagar is fully done. Sagar-Laknadaon is almost done, no bad sections, except some diversions & bridges under construction.
Sagar has got several hotels, but none are great.

Jhansi-Sagar should be under 4 hours drive
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:48   #43
BHPian

Quote:
J
Sagar has got several hotels, but none are great.

Jhansi-Sagar should be under 4 hours drive
Thanks so much. Jhansi-Sagar is around 200 kms, I suppose. I too did not see any hotels listed in tripadvisor, etc, for Sagar. I have to stay there for just a night, preferabaly in an AC room with my family as it is going to be in early May.

Another option for me is to drive from Lucknow to Jhansi and stay there, and then next day proceed from Jhansi to Nagpur. If I can reach up to Sagar the first day itself, I thought the second day will be less strenuous, and relaxing.

Vipin.
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much. Jhansi-Sagar is around 200 kms, I suppose. I too did not see any hotels listed in tripadvisor, etc, for Sagar. I have to stay there for just a night, preferabaly in an AC room with my family as it is going to be in early May.

Another option for me is to drive from Lucknow to Jhansi and stay there, and then next day proceed from Jhansi to Nagpur. If I can reach up to Sagar the first day itself, I thought the second day will be less strenuous, and relaxing.

Vipin.
You can try Hotel Paradise, 07582-262262, 262362 in Sagar.

In Jhansi, Hotel Sita, 05102 442956
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 07:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar

Vipin.
Bad hotel options in sagar.if you have any army contacts then you could try for accomodation in their guesthouses as Sagar is a huge army cantt.Like HVK mentioned Paradise is the only decent option-though decent is very misleading!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks