Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2011, 11:01   #1
BHPian

Bypass Mysore during Dusserra

Guys,

Any ideas on how to bypass/ go through Mysore on Dusserra on Oct 6th after 12? Will the outer ring road be open and traffic free? We will be going towards Wayanad from Bangalore, and would like to take the standard Mysore route if possible.
Old 2nd October 2011, 11:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bypass Mysore during Dusserra

If its early mornings or late night, you can go through the city. Taking Ring Road will add 14Km, but traffic flow will be smooth. For taking Ring Road, follow directions for Ooty near Columbia Asia hospital junction.
Old 2nd October 2011, 13:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Guys,

Any ideas on how to bypass/ go through Mysore on Dusserra on Oct 6th after 12? Will the outer ring road be open and traffic free? We will be going towards Wayanad from Bangalore, and would like to take the standard Mysore route if possible.
Try and reach mysore by 6am then it should be smooth flow and as suggested the ring road is the way to go, however, the ring road also has a few diversions as work is in progress so look out for those.
Old 2nd October 2011, 14:16   #4
BHPian

Thanks. We will reach Mysore after 12p.m. or so, so a little worried about the traffic.
Old 2nd October 2011, 14:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

You could also take the Kanakapura road. Kanakapura-Chamarajanagar-Gundlupet-Bathery-Wayanad.

Not sure about the Chamarajanagar-Gundlupet road conditions though.

Checkout this post.
Old 2nd October 2011, 14:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. We will reach Mysore after 12p.m. or so, so a little worried about the traffic.
In that case ring road is your best bet, but you may face some traffic near the lalit mahal road, there is also one road which goes shows chamundi hills road and probably runs behind the lalit mahal, this one then joins the nanjangud road just before the airport, just check google maps.

Or you can do as suggested by bejoy

Last edited by motomaverick : 2nd October 2011 at 14:27.
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
You could also take the Kanakapura road. Kanakapura-Chamarajanagar-Gundlupet-Bathery-Wayanad.

Checkout this post.
I use this route all the time, and it rocks! I dont mind living with about 10 kms of ok roads on this route. Saves me time, and is pretty scenic. Highly recommended for Masinagudi/Ooty/Wayanad
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:56   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwadhwa View Post
I use this route all the time, and it rocks! I dont mind living with about 10 kms of ok roads on this route. Saves me time, and is pretty scenic. Highly recommended for Masinagudi/Ooty/Wayanad
Only point to note:
Dont expect any major restaurants/hotels here. The only decent place is CCD at Gundlupet.
For that you need to go about 2-3km towards the Nanjangud side on the NH212.

Other than that, as Amit mentioned, it is a very nice and enjoyable 2L road.
Old 4th October 2011, 08:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

From Columbia Asia, take a right on the Ring Road towards GRS Fantasy Park.Follow the ring road all the way till you reach Bandipalya.

Ideally you would need cross the following major roads Hunsur Road-- Mananthavady Road and reach Bandipalya. From Bandipalya take a right towards the Nanjangud/Gundlupet Road. From what I know this route is devoid of any dussera celebrations. The Ring Road has a few deviations here and there and there is work going on near Bogadi. Doable though not that you would end up hurting your cars underbelly !!

Try and avoid driving via the city , it's chaotic. Most roads have been closed and a lot of one ways.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 17:33   #10
BHPian

I am planning to go chaamundi temple in Mysore during Dusserra on 6 th.
My plan is like start from Bangalore at 2 AM and reach the temple around 6.

need some doubts to be cleared.

since it being Dusserra, Is it ok to reach the temple before 7?
When will the temple be opened for Dharshan in the morning ?
Is it ok to take my 1 year old kid?. i am worried if there is lot of crowd and if we need to wait in dharshan queue for hours, then taking the kid will be problem.
As i am planning the drive early in the morning, i need not worry much about the traffic inside and outside city. Am i Wrong in this by any chance?
Not sure about the time i will finish the dharshan in Chaamundi, But I know well that we will be struck in terrific traffic in city while returning back. any suggestions in this case?
Old 4th October 2011, 21:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
From Columbia Asia, take a right on the Ring Road towards GRS Fantasy Park.Follow the ring road all the way till you reach Bandipalya.

Ideally you would need cross the following major roads Hunsur Road-- Mananthavady Road and reach Bandipalya. From Bandipalya take a right towards the Nanjangud/Gundlupet Road. From what I know this route is devoid of any dussera celebrations. The Ring Road has a few deviations here and there and there is work going on near Bogadi. Doable though not that you would end up hurting your cars underbelly !!

Try and avoid driving via the city , it's chaotic. Most roads have been closed and a lot of one ways.
I generally do not prefer Mysore ring road and even yesterday evening, crossed Mysore city. Lots of vehicles and people around but incidentally, traffic flow is smooth all around as there are huge number of policemen all around. Everyone thinks ring road is a good way to avoid city rush and hence can be seen there now. Someone told me that it has become a long stretch of lorry parking since there was some strict police checking at Bandipalya and the lorry drivers were waiting for the particular police officers to go away before they reach there. Anyway, expect crawling traffic between any part of Mysore to Nanjangud now and budget for stressful 45-minutes of driving in this 22-kms whatever time you go as I crossed either way, just after and before lunch time, and still took about 45-minutes.
Old 4th October 2011, 21:28   #12
BHPian

Thank you all. We will possibly try the ring road.
Old 4th October 2011, 21:41   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all. We will possibly try the ring road.
Sure. But if you can stop at the Columbia Asia hospital signal (Ring Road junction) and make on-the-spot enquiry with the traffic police and/or the drivers who is coming from the direction you are going (they will be waiting at the signal on RED, right), that may help to know the situation for your exact timings.

To avoid KSRTC and Palace area where all the rush would be, you can also take the road to zoo (directions well marked from Bangalore side, and this is a left at the T-junction where all traffic, including KSRTC, takes a right turn to city center) and then onwards take NH-212 at the junction just after the zoo ends (just follow the compound wall of zoo). This NH-212 comes from Kollegal and will go towards Nanjangud with Golf Course (or Race Course?) on your left and Chamundi hills all the way till you join Mysore->Nanjangud road just before Bandipalya junction which is the other end of Ring Road. And distance and time-wise, there is hardly much difference than going via city center.
ajithbr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 21:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
I am planning to go chaamundi temple in Mysore during Dusserra on 6 th.
My plan is like start from Bangalore at 2 AM and reach the temple around 6.
If you start at 2, you will be Mysore by 4 ! If you want to reach by 7, 4:30AM would be good enough. Please add break-time as required.
Quote:
When will the temple be opened for Dharshan in the morning ?
Is it ok to take my 1 year old kid?. i am worried if there is lot of crowd and if we need to wait in dharshan queue for hours, then taking the kid will be problem.
Usually temple opens for darshan at 7:30AM. I don't think it will be different on 6th. But please confirm by calling the temple office.
Old 4th October 2011, 22:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post

Checkout this post.
Road condition b/w Chamarajanagar and Gundlepet his fine. One can do 60-80kmph throughout. I was there yesterday.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks