Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 13:31   #46
BHPian

Just wanted to add a few more getaways which have not been mentioned by now

1. Haridwar - Rishikesh ( including River rafting), a lot of nearby getaways from Rishikesh
2. Kanatal (Camping)
3. Ranikhet
4. Manali
5. Sangla

Let me know if any body needs details
Old 1st February 2010, 16:21   #47
BHPian

Another one:
Lansdowne
Old 1st October 2011, 17:26   #48

Re: Best Weekend Getaways (delhi)

Hi guys, just discovered tree house resort.it's about 34 kms short of Jaipur. Haven't been there yet but sounds interesting .
Old 24th June 2014, 18:00   #49
BHPian

Hi All, Can you please suggest any getaways during monsoon around Delhi. Planning to go during 15th August weekend.
Old 19th July 2014, 00:42   #50
lsp
BHPian

Hi bruty... I am in the same boat but looking at the weekend before August. Seems monsoon makes uttarakhand non advisable due to landslides and other issues.
Old 19th July 2014, 08:45   #51
BHPian

I would add 'sonapani' to the list. Its about 8 hours away. But a peaceful place. Not a touristy place. Go there if you want to spend time with family and your own self. You can walk around, trek and read a book but you can't do shopping!

Here's the link:

http://www.himalayanvillage.com/

I went in April and considering the landscape - although the roads are tarred - monsoon may not be best time to be driving to this place.
Old 19th August 2015, 12:11   #52
BHPian

Bumping this thread after a long time

Fellow BHPians,

My next holiday period is about to start in a couple of weeks and I wanted to get some ideas on where I can plan my next getaway from Delhi. I will be travelling with my wife and my humble Ecosport. The requirements I have are:

1. Good weather - One of the major factors
2. Scenic
3. Less crowd
4. Decent accommodation (borderline luxury would be ideal)
5. 6-8 hour drive (can extend this to 10 if needed)

I can spare around 5-6 days for this getaway. I am looking for a relaxing holiday so not interested in trekking and rafting. The options that come to my mind are:

1. Nainital
2. Mussorie
3. Corbett
4. Shimla

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Saurabh
Old 19th August 2015, 13:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertRat View Post
1. Nainital
2. Mussorie
3. Corbett
4. Shimla
Nainital - The Grand Hotel. Opt for a first floor verandah room.
Mussoorie - Padmini Niwas, opt for Room number 11 (private garden).
Corbett - not recommended. Hot and humid.
Shimla - The only place with scenic views and where your humble Ecosport will be parked within hotel premises is The Apple Blossom, Fagu or Hotel Hatu, Narkanda. Both are nice enough properties and serve good fare.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th September 2016 at 16:49. Reason: Rule # 11
Old 15th September 2016, 12:01   #54
Team-BHP Support

I just posted in the Dehradun/Mussoorie thread but thought I'd post it here to get a wider range of options.

I am looking for a quick weekend trip from Delhi. We've been to Shimla and Jaipur so currently considering Lansdowne or Dehradun/Mussoorie. We can leave at 4pm on Friday, or 4am on Saturday but have to be back by 10pm Sunday. How is the route to Lansdowne, and Dehradun; and how long would it take for either.

Since we are ideally looking for a 6-7 hr/one day travel, can we also consider Kasauli (HP)?

Thank you!
Old 15th September 2016, 13:15   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
...We can leave at 4pm on Friday, or 4am on Saturday but have to be back by 10pm Sunday. ...
Since we are ideally looking for a 6-7 hr/one day travel, can we also consider Kasauli (HP)?
UP is not safe for night driving. It will take you about 8 hours for Mussoorie and you could also do Kasauli in the same length of time. Himachal routes are much safer for night driving.
Take your pick, but if it is Mussoorie avoid driving at night.
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 16:46   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
UP is not safe for night driving. It will take you about 8 hours for Mussoorie and you could also do Kasauli in the same length of time. Himachal routes are much safer for night driving.
Thanks; any idea about Lansdowne? Road condition and driving distance, I mean.

Not driving at night implies leaving on Sat morning, which means we spend most of the weekend driving.
Old 15th September 2016, 17:07   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks; any idea about Lansdowne? Road condition and driving distance, I mean.

Not driving at night implies leaving on Sat morning, which means we spend most of the weekend driving.
The distance is just about 250 kms. However the road till Bijnaur is very good but from Bijnaur to Kotdwar has a lot of potholes. You will also need to take a small detour from Najibabad to Kotdwar due to damaged flyover at Najibabad.

The road from Kotdwar to Lansdowne is ok but narrow. You must drive there only if you have sufficient experience of driving in hills. Do visit Tarakeshwar temple if you are going there.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 15:17   #58
BHPian

Mussoorie - Route and Queries

Quote:
I just posted in the Dehradun/Mussoorie thread but thought I'd post it here to get a wider range of options.

I am looking for a quick weekend trip from Delhi. We've been to Shimla and Jaipur so currently considering Lansdowne or Dehradun/Mussoorie. We can leave at 4pm on Friday, or 4am on Saturday but have to be back by 10pm Sunday. How is the route to Lansdowne, and Dehradun; and how long would it take for either.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Mussoorie would be a good bet. Don't go through the Meerut - Muzaffarnagar - Roorkee route. In Addition to being a little unsafe it's also bad, full of potholes and badly marked diversions. Try the Delhi - Karnal - Yamunanagar - Paonta Sahib - Dehradun route. Longer by about 50 km but faster with good roads all along. I recently travelled on it. This earlier post of mine may help http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3451595

For what to see and do , this post may be of some use

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3154422

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 12:12   #59
BHPian

Hello Team,

Me and my brother are planning a road trip from Gurgaon from 21st of July to 24th of July 2022. I will reach Gurgaon on 20th of July, Morning 11 AM. As of now, we do not have anything decided and would like the advise of experienced members to plan a trip.

Idea is to keep it relaxed, less touristy & soak all in kind of trip. We will be driving Baleno, petrol so roads have to be such. Ideally, I would love to spend at least one day by a river, if that is possible.

Appreciate all the help.

Thanks,
A

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks