Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2011, 12:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trip to Yellapur, Banana County Resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post

Not sure if we want to go by bus, won;t feel comfortable I feel. But I agree it will be fastest way.
Yeah .But there are many B9Rs running on this route which cover this distance in about 12 hours .
Old 25th October 2011, 13:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya

Yeah .But there are many B9Rs running on this route which cover this distance in about 12 hours .
Sorry, but what is B9Rs?
Old 25th October 2011, 13:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, but what is B9Rs?
B9R is a Volvo bus model number
Old 25th October 2011, 13:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna

B9R is a Volvo bus model number
Ok. Do these run between Mumbai and karwar? Are these sleepers? Do you know of any good bus operator?
Old 25th October 2011, 21:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you plan to stay in 2 places. End January will be extremely hot in coastal. Avoid stay in coastal and choose place like Sirsi which will be center to all tourist palces.

I have sent you PM with few ideas. I have no commercial interest :-) and thought of discussing it via PM.

Taxi rate is right one. I suggest take Mumbai-Karwar train and hire taxi from karwar and visit Gokarna Om beach and have lunch in Kumta. Visit Murdeshwara and drive back to Kumta to Sirsi and stay there. Next day morning visit Unchalli falls and yaana and stay in sirsi. Next day visit Saatodi falls via yellapur and reach dandeli jungle resort and stay there. Next day drive back to Karwar. You can also do this round other way -> karwar-dandeli-sirsi-murdeshwara-karwar.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 25th October 2011 at 21:50.
Old 25th October 2011, 22:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, but what is B9Rs?
Hey . I apologise for this .
What I meant to say is that there are a couple of Volvo multiaxle buses between Mumbai and Mangalore which pass through Yellapur.

KSRTC (Karnataka State Transport ) and many private players like VRL,Neeta,Canara Pinto to name among the few are amongst the ones that I have travelled in and I know are reliable.These buses usually take around 12 hours to reach Yellapur from Mumbai .You can ask the cab driver to wait for you at Yellapur.

If Karwar is where you wanna go ,then train is the best option .But if its Yellapur,then these buses would be much better .
Old 26th October 2011, 08:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
I suggest you plan to stay in 2 places. End January will be extremely hot in coastal. Avoid stay in coastal and choose place like Sirsi which will be center to all tourist palces.

I have sent you PM with few ideas. I have no commercial interest :-) and thought of discussing it via PM.

Taxi rate is right one. I suggest take Mumbai-Karwar train and hire taxi from karwar and visit Gokarna Om beach and have lunch in Kumta. Visit Murdeshwara and drive back to Kumta to Sirsi and stay there. Next day morning visit Unchalli falls and yaana and stay in sirsi. Next day visit Saatodi falls via yellapur and reach dandeli jungle resort and stay there. Next day drive back to Karwar. You can also do this round other way -> karwar-dandeli-sirsi-murdeshwara-karwar.

Regards,

Ravi.
Thanks for the suggestion. There is an island resort "The Great Outdoors" in karwar, any idea how it is?
Which place would you suggest to stay in Sirsi? Will look it up in map. Is it worth visiting Jog falls?
Thanks for the itinerary but I would prefer to first check into a hotel after the train journey to get refreshed.
Will also check up dandeli resort.
Old 26th October 2011, 08:34   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya

Hey . I apologise for this .
What I meant to say is that there are a couple of Volvo multiaxle buses between Mumbai and Mangalore which pass through Yellapur.

KSRTC (Karnataka State Transport ) and many private players like VRL,Neeta,Canara Pinto to name among the few are amongst the ones that I have travelled in and I know are reliable.These buses usually take around 12 hours to reach Yellapur from Mumbai .You can ask the cab driver to wait for you at Yellapur.

If Karwar is where you wanna go ,then train is the best option .But if its Yellapur,then these buses would be much better .
Original plan was banana county resort. Then thought karwar was better option. But a user suggested that coastal areas are hot in January so bit confused. But I think I will book to and fro karwar tickets as soon as bookings open.
Old 27th October 2011, 20:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Try the circuit other way I suggested.

Forest area drive means average 40kmph and lot of photo opportunities. JOG is not worth that time unless it rains heavily :-) I suggest once you reach Karwar and take a room for 1 hr. to get refreshed and leave for Dandeli (110km/3 hrs.) and reach there by 1pm. On the way you get Kaiga - Anashi ghat (8km very bad road, I travelled in tavera only last time) - take ulavi road to avoid further bad roads taxy driver will be knowing this - joida - Dandeli. Rest and join for forest safari and next day 10am you can check out from Dandeli and drive via ambika nagar - bhagawati and near yellapur take right to saatodi falls (100km from dandeli) and reach Sirsi (90km) by evening.

From Sirsi itself you can cover Unchalli falls(40km), yaana (40km) in 1 day and if you have time available try banavasi (25km) and marikamba temple (2km) in that day itself.

Next day leave sirsi and drive via devi mane ghat and travel to murdeshwar and then Gokarna and then to karwar to board the train if suitable time else plan to visit more places if you have one more day.

As per me right places to visit in jan end 2012: Suitable for 3 nights and 4 days.

1. Karwar beaches, sadashivagad 10km from karwar
2. Karwar island or jungle resort near Karwar
3. Anashi ghat and view points
4. Dandeli and surroudning areas.
5. Saatodi falls, Unchalli falls, yaana
6. Banavasi, Marikamba Temple
7. Murdeshwara, gokarna

Around dandeli there are good places but needs effort to trek or climb steps to reach the spot and consumes too much of
time.
In sirsi you can try homestay 10+km away from town else hotels like panchavati in town itself and options are very good. In homestays expects superb tasty food.
If you plan to stay in murdeshwar there are good options.

I suggest while going back to mumbai board the train in baindoor and then you can try amazing kodachadri hills :-)
also it is not worth visiting Dandeli, so my best advise is avoid karwar and instead start your trip from honnavar or Murdeshwar itself and hire taxy from there visit Murdeshwar - kollur - kodachadri - sharavati back water - siddapur - unchalli falls - sirsi - yaana - saatodi falls - gokarna.

Dont get confused by too many ideas :-)

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 27th October 2011 at 20:11.
ravibhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 16:22   #25
BHPian

Everyone, appreciate the advices. Couldn't get Karwar tickets online, it got full the first day the bookings opened. So we have booked tickets to Belgaum and will take a taxi to Yellapur. Finally staying at Banana County resort only. Hope the trip turns out to be good.
Old 5th November 2011, 18:20   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Everyone, appreciate the advices. Couldn't get Karwar tickets online, it got full the first day the bookings opened. So we have booked tickets to Belgaum and will take a taxi to Yellapur. Finally staying at Banana County resort only. Hope the trip turns out to be good.
Returned from a bike trip from Yellapur a few days ago. Hire a Taxi travel to Dandeli and the many water falls around Yellapur. Taxi rates around 9rs/KM.

Pics of Shirley falls, the volume of water is a little less now making the falls accessible. You may have to trek about 4kms in the jungle to the falls.
Trip to Yellapur, Banana County Resort-dsc00183.jpg
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 20:18   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Why tickets to Belgaum? You can book up to Hubli.
Hubli-Yellapur is much closer. NH63 on the way.
Old 5th November 2011, 20:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Why tickets to Belgaum? You can book up to Hubli.
Hubli-Yellapur is much closer. NH63 on the way.
In fact why not book a ticket to Yellapur itself?
Old 5th November 2011, 20:29   #29
BHPian

According to my friend, the train takes much longer time to reach hubli as it slows down. A taxi from Belgaum is faster it seems.
Old 5th November 2011, 21:29   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
In fact why not book a ticket to Yellapur itself?
Yellapur has not station. Its exactly between Ankola and Hubli on the NH63. ( About 60Km from Ankola on Konkan line and 65 km from Hubli on the Bangalore line)

Quote:
According to my friend, the train takes much longer time to reach hubli as it slows down. A taxi from Belgaum is faster it seems.
No idea about that. I just mentioned because that would save taxi fare for that distance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks