Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 16:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Planning a honeymoon road trip from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Any pointers on where to stay in the above places?
You could check out Elephant Court at Thekkady
Old 3rd November 2011, 17:43   #17
Team-BHP Support

I think there is also a Club Mahindra in Thekkady.
You can try that as well.
Old 3rd November 2011, 19:33   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I just want to make the point that if you DO end up doing an extended roadtrip, make sure you branch out at some point so that the newlyweds can enjoy some privacy. All that time on the road with others around- even close friends- can become a little annoying. Your priorities may not be the same as his in this case. Jus' saying!
Old 3rd November 2011, 19:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I just want to make the point that if you DO end up doing an extended roadtrip, make sure you branch out at some point so that the newlyweds can enjoy some privacy. All that time on the road with others around- even close friends- can become a little annoying. Your priorities may not be the same as his in this case. Jus' saying!
I know what your trying to say. Just to make sure that they get time together, we have decided not to do any advance booking anywhere. We will go to coorg first and from there we will decide.
Old 4th November 2011, 09:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Kumarji any idea how the roads from madikeri to calicut and further on? I have already been to meppadi in jan this year so skipping the same. Also any places to stay would help.
Madikeri to Calicut - ideally, you would come via Virajpet, Manthavady, Vythiri to Calicut? But for the usual patchy roads in the Kodagu region, I think the rest of the route is OK. You can also try staying in Mugilu resort near Sakleshpur, which route you can use to go to Madikeri via Shanivarsanthe and Somwarpet.
Old 4th November 2011, 15:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Madikeri to Calicut - ideally, you would come via Virajpet, Manthavady, Vythiri to Calicut? But for the usual patchy roads in the Kodagu region, I think the rest of the route is OK. You can also try staying in Mugilu resort near Sakleshpur, which route you can use to go to Madikeri via Shanivarsanthe and Somwarpet.
My route plan to reach madikeri was directly via kushalnagar. And the route I wanted to take to Calicut was as mentioned by you. Via Virajpet and Mananthavady.
Old 5th November 2011, 10:40   #22
BHPian

Try out Lake palace , a KTDC property inside the sanctuary at Thekaddy. You may also lookt cardamom club.
Old 5th November 2011, 12:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Honey moon is a time to get to know each other. Absolutely no "go betweens". Either you are planning the honey moon with the 'spouse' or with the 'car'. Two couples: better book 2 'coupes' and have a loooong train journey, rather than a long drive. I you are hell bent on the road trip book a limo for the honey mooners.
Old 5th November 2011, 14:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post
Try out Lake palace , a KTDC property inside the sanctuary at Thekaddy. You may also lookt cardamom club.
Will have a look at it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Honey moon is a time to get to know each other. Absolutely no "go betweens". Either you are planning the honey moon with the 'spouse' or with the 'car'. Two couples: better book 2 'coupes' and have a loooong train journey, rather than a long drive. I you are hell bent on the road trip book a limo for the honey mooners.
The honeymooners would not go alone. They wanted it to be a 2couples trip. Hence Iam going along with my wife. Its more of a trip than a honeymoon. As of now, we will just go to my estate in Coorg and then decide where to proceed from there. Not booking anything in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks