Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2011, 20:33   #1
BHPian

Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal : Route Queries

Dear Bhpians

Have read a number of old posts on the Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal drive, but have not seen any posts on this route after the 2011 monsoons. Wanted feedback on the route, especially road conditions between Nagpur-Bhopal. Any safety issues I need to worry about. Planning the trip in late December

Regards
Old 5th December 2011, 12:02   #2
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal : Route Queries

I saw the thread title and thought I could share my knowledge but you specifically asked about the stretch where I have never been.

Bangalore - Hyderabad and Hyderabad - Nagpur stretch is pretty good. My friends recently did Bangalore - Hyderabad and the road is supposed to be awesome. I regularly travel from Hyderabad to Nirmal on NH 44 (old NH 7) and except for the stretch between Kamareddy and Armoor, everything else is 4 laned and excellent.
NoRules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 12:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore to Nagpur is NH7 (Not sure if the number has changed) is wonderful highway and will post no problems at all.

Nagpur to Bhopal (One of our relatives who lives there and frequently does Itarsi and Betul) stated the road does have some bad patches which will slow you down but is doable. Also prefer doing this stretch in day time rather then night time.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 13:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nagpur-Bhopal highway is in a bad shape and best avoided till they repair the roads. No signs of repairs having started, at least in the Hoshangabad-BHopal sector.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 13:50   #5
BHPian

Guys, wanted to check on this as will be driving my Brand New Vista on this road. I know that Adilabad to Hyderabad is a good stretch. Is the Hinganghat -Adilabad stretch converted to 4 lane or has atleast been tarred. I know that last October this stretch was bad.

Need Help folks.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 13:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Guys, wanted to check on this as will be driving my Brand New Vista on this road. I know that Adilabad to Hyderabad is a good stretch. Is the Hinganghat -Adilabad stretch converted to 4 lane or has atleast been tarred. I know that last October this stretch was bad.

Need Help folks.
No significant change, road widening work is incomplete.
Old 5th December 2011, 14:25   #7
BHPian

Dear All,

Thanks a ton for your responses. I am planning this with family (two kids) and hence looking at stopping over in Hyderabad and Nagpur for the nights and travel only by day time. My worry is that my Civic Auto is low slung and whether the Nagpur-Bhopal route through Betul will damage my suspension. If so, is there an alternate, albeit more motorable route which I could consider,

Regards
Old 9th December 2011, 17:20   #8
BHPian

Dear all, basis your advise and the fact we are travelling with a baby, deciding to take the longer route through Pune and Indore. Planning on Bangalore - Pune on Day 1. From Pune to Bhopal, should I split this into two days, if yes, the following questions -

- Multiple route options exist between Pune and Indore, request if someone can guide me on the safest and best road from travelling conditions perspective
- If I break journey on the Pune-Bhopal segment - which is the best place to do so - would it be Jalgaon

Regards
Old 10th December 2011, 00:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by root View Post
Dear all, basis your advise and the fact we are travelling with a baby, deciding to take the longer route through Pune and Indore. Planning on Bangalore - Pune on Day 1. From Pune to Bhopal, should I split this into two days, if yes, the following questions -

- Multiple route options exist between Pune and Indore, request if someone can guide me on the safest and best road from travelling conditions perspective
- If I break journey on the Pune-Bhopal segment - which is the best place to do so - would it be Jalgaon

Regards
Quote:

Regards
Why do you want to take the Burhanpur route?IMO If you are coming from Pune via the Aurangabad route,then only it makes sense to take the Burhanpur route.You could do Pune-Bhopal in one day.If you are able to leave Pune by 5am,you should be in Bhopal by early evening.

You could take the direct NH3 route to Indore.Pune-Sangamner-Nashik-Malegaon-Dhule-Shirpur-Indore.Mostly 4 laned.Ofcourse traffic is high,but roads have been reported to be good.Pune-Indore should take you around 10hours.You could pm bhpian Mercedised for more information as he is from Indore and stays there.He would be able to help with more precise information.Indore-Bhopal should take you aroudn 3 hours and is 4 laned.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 10:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
You could take the direct NH3 route to Indore.Pune-Sangamner-Nashik-Malegaon-Dhule-Shirpur-Indore.Mostly 4 laned.Ofcourse traffic is high,but roads have been reported to be good.Pune-Indore should take you around 10hours.You could pm bhpian Mercedised for more information as he is from Indore and stays there.He would be able to help with more precise information.Indore-Bhopal should take you aroudn 3 hours and is 4 laned.
Thanks a ton. Will surely consider the same.

Regards
Vijay
Old 12th December 2011, 17:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear all, basis your advise and the fact we are travelling with a baby, deciding to take the longer route through Pune and Indore.
Please keep in mind that the Pune-Nashik stretch is pretty bad in terms of traffic as well as road conditions. Also, NH3 from Nashik till MH/MP border is not in a good shape from what I heard last. TBHP-ians from Pune area can confirm.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 20:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Please keep in mind that the Pune-Nashik stretch is pretty bad in terms of traffic as well as road conditions. Also, NH3 from Nashik till MH/MP border is not in a good shape from what I heard last.
Now it is much better. Once you enter MP, it is fantastic roads all the way till Dewas beyond Indore.

Pune-Nashik is high traffic. Further, once you enter Nashik, expect huge traffic jams thanks to road widening on NH3.
Old 13th December 2011, 19:46   #13
BHPian

Thanks to all your feedback. Will be crossing Nashik onwards to Dhule and MP on 25th which is a Sunday as well as Christmas - hopefully the traffic would be less on the road. In case it is not, will come back via Ahmednagar and Aurangabad as originally suggested and will take a lay over to see Ellora and Ajanta

Best regards
Vijay
Old 25th December 2011, 18:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to do a Bangalore -> Hyderabad -> Nagpur -> Raipur tomorrow. Starting tomorrow afternoon from BLR and will be reaching HYD in the night.

Which place would you recommend to stay overnight, preferably on the outers so as we don't waste a lot of time getting in and out of expressway.
Old 24th July 2013, 00:26   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Can some one update with the road condition between Nagpur and Itarsi?
Also, which is the best route to drive from Bangalore to Itarsi? Is it Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Itarsi? (OR) Do we have any other good options?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks