Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2014, 10:59   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Tadoba route enquiry

We are planning a trip to Tadoba this weekend.

What would be the best route from Gachibowli in Hyderabad to the Moharli gate at Tadoba. Please indicate the road conditions and approx time it would take to reach the place, if I started from Gachibowli, Hyderabad at 2 pm.
Old 25th March 2014, 11:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enragz View Post
We are planning a trip to Tadoba this weekend.

What would be the best route from Gachibowli in Hyderabad to the Moharli gate at Tadoba. Please indicate the road conditions and approx time it would take to reach the place, if I started from Gachibowli, Hyderabad at 2 pm.
Stick to NH7 via Nirmal, Adilabad & Pandharkawada till Karanji, which is just ahead of Pandharkawada. From there, go off NH7 taking right to Wani & MOharli. Road will be rough after Wani. (plus NH7 is bad from AP-MH border till Pandharkawada)
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 15:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Planning a trip to Tadoba in March first week.

However, I am a little concerned with the reports of the road condition after Adilabad in the 'Hyderabad-nagpur' thread. My car has a low GC and it will be fully loaded with people and luggage as well. As per Google maps, there is an alternative route through Karimnagar-Chandrapur.Can anyone please suggest if it's worth taking this alternate route? I dont want to cancel this trip because of the road conditions.
Old 16th March 2015, 18:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I have just come back from my trip to Tadoba. It was a very enjoyable and memorable trip. Got to catch a glimpse of the tiger and the leopard as well.

Have posted details about the road and the trip in my travelogue here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...onal-park.html
adimicra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 19:56   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

It is very late to post the query but still hopes are high - Leaving tomorrow morning from Bangalore to Tadoba Via Hyderabad. Based on the google suggestion, the route is - NH7 - Via Nizamabad but there are multiple turn off options including - Bori, Pandharkawada, Karanji. Which ones are better roads - distance can be more but has to be fast/ safe.

Any suggestions please?

In absence of the suggestions, I am going to just follow what google says with hopes that it knows what it is really suggesting :(
Old 18th April 2016, 20:22   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
It is very late to post the query but still hopes are high - Leaving tomorrow morning from Bangalore to Tadoba Via Hyderabad.
Since you are short of time, I guess best would be to check with hothatchaway or Nilanjanray.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 10:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
It is very late to post the query but still hopes are high - Leaving tomorrow morning from Bangalore to Tadoba Via Hyderabad. Based on the google suggestion, the route is - NH7 - Via Nizamabad but there are multiple turn off options including - Bori, Pandharkawada, Karanji. Which ones are better roads - distance can be more but has to be fast/ safe.

Any suggestions please?

In absence of the suggestions, I am going to just follow what google says with hopes that it knows what it is really suggesting :(
The Karanji turnoff is the one you need to take,it also depends on where you are headed to in Tadoba.If its Moharli make sure you turn off towards Chandrapur from Warora and if its Kolara gate,make sure you turn off towardS Chimur from Warora.If you end up at the wrong gate,its another 100kms drive between the gates.Via the forest its just 25kms,but then private vehicles are not allowed,which means you would have to circuit the entire periphery of the park to get to the other gate.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 22:04   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you @ranjitp1 and @mpksuhas, @NilanjaRay. I followed the exact route like ranjit said and except a few KMs, the road is awesome.

A quick photo-log post here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3958208

Major photo credits to @RobiMahanta.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 14:09   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Will be driving from Hyderabad to Tadoba over the weekend.

Please suggest the best route to take and any input on road conditions would be really awesome
Old 12th May 2016, 23:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Please suggest the best route to take and any input on road conditions would be really awesome
Which part of Tadoba are you headed to?Kolara Gate or Moharli Gate.

Either ways,the route till Warora is same.Hyd-NH7-Adilabad-Karanji-Turn right for Wani-Warora.From Warora,go towards Chandrapur and onwards to the Moharli gate. https://goo.gl/maps/gRewAXMZnnC2

If your stay is at the Kolara Gate,then from Warora head towards Chimur and onwards to Kolara.https://goo.gl/maps/XTbcvoCyYtE2

Is a 7-8hr drive from Hyd.Svasara is the best place to stay in Tadoba now.Its located bang on the Kolara gate.If you take the wrong road and end up at the wrong gate,remember gate to gate is approx 120kms as thoroughfate via the forest is not allowed for private vehicles.While the route via the forest is just 25kmsRoads are all good.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 07:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...doba-ed-2.html

This was where we stayed and has route details as well.
Old 13th May 2016, 11:32   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Which part of Tadoba are you headed to?Kolara Gate or Moharli Gate.

Either ways,the route till Warora is same.Hyd-NH7-Adilabad-Karanji-Turn right for Wani-Warora.From Warora,go towards Chandrapur and onwards to the Moharli gate. https://goo.gl/maps/gRewAXMZnnC2

Is a 7-8hr drive from Hyd.Svasara is the best place to stay in Tadoba now.Its located bang on the Kolara gate.If you take the wrong road and end up at the wrong gate,remember gate to gate is approx 120kms as thoroughfate via the forest is not allowed for private vehicles.While the route via the forest is just 25kms. Roads are all good.
Thanks Ranjit. I was banking on you to respond and you delivered and that too in flying colors

I will be staying in Tiger United 21 camp resort which I believe is near Mohrauli gate? Correct?

I will follow the google maps route that you proposed and good to know that all roads are good until then

Any dhaba you recommend on way back for a late lunch?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 12:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ranjit. I was banking on you to respond and you delivered and that too in flying colors

I will be staying in Tiger United 21 camp resort which I believe is near Mohrauli gate? Correct?

I will follow the google maps route that you proposed and good to know that all roads are good until then

Any dhaba you recommend on way back for a late lunch?
Yes thats near Moharli gate,You can also take the Karimnagar road and go via chandrapur,but traditional 2lane highway.I prefer the 4 lanes any day.

Malgudi before Kama Reddy on the right side of the road(towards Adilabad) or Harithas near Kama Reddy (it is about 10 min away from Malgudis, and next to an H.P. fuel station) on your LHS towards Adilabad.At Dichipally, there are dhabas that I usually avoid but a lot of people do stop there to eat.

Carry food with you and on your return,pack sandwiches from the hotel-reccomended!
Old 10th May 2023, 12:17   #29
BHPian

Am planning for a drive from Hyderabad to Tadoba (Mohrali Gate). Would appreciate suggestions on the following i.e.
a) The route Hyd-Adilabad-Karanji-Wani-Warora looks to be the standard one. How to approach Mohrali gate from Warora.
b)Restaurants for lunch breaks on the way.
Old 11th May 2023, 14:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
a) The route Hyd-Adilabad-Karanji-Wani-Warora looks to be the standard one. How to approach Mohrali gate from Warora.
I had travelled to Tadoba in last week of April 2023 from Navi Mumbai and following route was taken from Warora:

Warora-Shegaon BK-Chandankheda-Tamasi RT-Limban Resort-Mudholi-Forest Road-MTDC Road-MTDC Moharli.

Google Maps Link.

Save marker on the Google Maps for route from Warora till Moharli as GMap has a habit of taking you through shortest route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
b)Restaurants for lunch breaks on the way.
I had lunch directly at MTDC Taboda, but I'm sure you will find road side dhabas enroute. For long distance travel, I suggest to keep bread sandwich and roti/sabzi in tiffin to have in car. So you don't have to stop car for lunch.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks