Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2018, 23:58   #196
BHPian

re: The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
There has to be a speed limit in place ASAP!
On return I saw the speed limit sign boards, it is 100 KMPH.

Sharing a couple of videos from my dashcam showing the emergency air strip, food plazas, exit tolls etc:

sinharishi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 15:07   #197
BHPian

Are the tolls Fastag enabled ? I believe the Yamuna expressway is not Fastag enabled.
Old 12th March 2018, 07:33   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Toilets are operational at 96 km and 218 km milestone. Food court is nearing completion at the 218 km milestone.
Were the toilets in proper working condition? I might be traveling on this route on 24th, 2 of us with our 8 month old kid.

Quote:
Amount spent on Toll:
- YEW : 415/-
- Agra ring road : 35/-
- ALE : 570/-

Only 2 tolls on ALE, one at the start and the other at the end, of course each exit has a toll gate but not on the main expressway like YEW.
Do these tolls accept FasTag?

Anyone who has commuted in last couple of weeks can please give the present scenario.
Old 14th March 2018, 15:19   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Were the toilets in proper working condition? I might be traveling on this route on 24th, 2 of us with our 8 month old kid.

Do these tolls accept FasTag?
Yes, the toilets are fully operational.

I did not see any fastag lane at the tolls on ALE/YEW.

Do update the thread once you complete your trip, I will be taking the ALE to Lucknow on the 31st of this month.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 11:30   #200
BHPian

I am travelling to Kanpur 26th of April and planning to take ALE. Since I am in Gurgaon and drive a lot to Agra, always find it convenient to take Gurgaon-Sohna-KMP Expressway-Palwal (NH2)-Agra than going all the way to Greater Noida and than get on Yamuna Expressway.

However, this time I do want to take ALE and I am wondering is it worth it to take YE and than get to ALE or stick to my usual route till Agra. A few questions, if someone can answer please. Never drove on this stretch beyond Agra so absolutely no idea of any roads (GT, ALE etc.)

1. (most important) Is taking ALE a good idea if I have to go to Kanpur and not Lucknow? Is the exit to Kanpur clearly marked and is road between this Exit and Kanpur going to make me regret the decision?

2. Should I stick to my usual route till Agra and than take ALE or take Gurgaon-G Noida-Agra route to take ALE?

3. What is the time I can practically expect for both these routes ALE or good old highway? I am to join a wedding procession from Kanpur which is eventually going to Lucknow and they plan to leave by 2 in the afternoon, this will help me decide on my leaving time from Gurgaon.

Thanks in Advance
Old 30th March 2018, 12:03   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
I am travelling to Kanpur 26th of April and planning to take ALE.

1. (most important) Is taking ALE a good idea if I have to go to Kanpur and not Lucknow? Is the exit to Kanpur clearly marked and is road between this Exit and Kanpur going to make me regret the decision?
I had done this route 4 months ago. Exit road is marked now but still there is scope of missing it. So this is what you should do. This exit is just 500-800 mts after 2nd restroom so keep any eye for those restrooms which are very well marked.

Secondly this exit is a loop which hits T point and you need to take left towards kanpur. Many people gets confused here.

Road from Bilhour (Aroul) till kanpur is two lane with no median and takes all sort of vehicles ranging from bullock cart to 18 wheels trucks. It takes good 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs to cover this.
sparkguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 14:53   #202
BHPian

Your Query : I am travelling to Kanpur 26th of April and planning to take ALE. Since I am in Gurgaon and drive a lot to Agra, always find it convenient to take Gurgaon-Sohna-KMP Expressway-Palwal (NH2)-Agra than going all the way to Greater Noida and than get on Yamuna Expressway.

You can try the GGN - Sohna - KMP - Vrindavan - YEW - ALE. Its the best route I had homed on to in my three years of travelling between Allahabad and Gurgaon.

Your Query : this time I do want to take ALE and I am wondering is it worth it to take YE and than get to ALE or stick to my usual route till Agra. A few questions, if someone can answer please. Never drove on this stretch beyond Agra so absolutely no idea of any roads (GT, ALE etc.)

Pls do not take the Agra - Tundla - Firozabad - shikohabad route. Never. Its the worst route because of the traffic and road condition.

Your Query : . (most important) Is taking ALE a good idea if I have to go to Kanpur and not Lucknow? Is the exit to Kanpur clearly marked and is road between this Exit and Kanpur going to make me regret the decision?

The exit to Kanpur via etawah comes up at Kathphori approx 90 Kms after getting off the last Toll at YEW if I am not wrong. Just put kathhori on G Maps and relax.

Your Query : . Should I stick to my usual route till Agra and than take ALE or take Gurgaon-G Noida-Agra route to take ALE?

I personally feel that the route I have given above via shone Vrindavan is the best barring a few bad patches in between but nothing to be scared about.

Your Query : . What is the time I can practically expect for both these routes ALE or good old highway? I am to join a wedding procession from Kanpur which is eventually going to Lucknow and they plan to leave by 2 in the afternoon, this will help me decide on my leaving time from Gurgaon.

It will take you the following times as far as I can recollect since I have now shifted base to Gujarat.
GGN-KMP- 30 mins
KMP-Agra road- 1 hr
Agra Road - Vrindavan 1 hr
Vrindavan - YEW - 45 mins
YEW-Kathphori - 1 hr
Kathphori - Kanpur - 1 hr or so

Last edited by SX4LOVER : 30th March 2018 at 14:54.
SX4LOVER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 14:55   #203
BHPian

I tried to multi quote but just couldn't get it as I kept receiving the error of too short a message. New Novice. This is a reply to your queries. Mods Please forgive.
SX4LOVER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 11:12   #204
BHPian

Just reached Lucknow, left home at 5am and reached at 10:20am. No updates to add, tolls to increase from 1st April from 570/- to 760/- for Agra-Lucknow.

Fastag Operational on ALE:

The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-5d7fd0b5a38c4e1fa65c3d64a8265352.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 10:48   #205
BHPian

Quote:
left home at 5am and reached at 10:20am.

Fastag Operational on ALE:

Attachment 1747333
Thanks for the update. How many breaks did you take in the 5:20 hours.
Also its surprising that Noida-Agra stretch do not have Fastag but Agra-Lucknow has one, even though its under state control.
Old 2nd April 2018, 20:55   #206
BHPian

Quote:
tolls to increase from 1st April from 570/- to 760/- for Agra-Lucknow.
Returned to Delhi today, paid 570/-, the toll guy told me that the rate will increase only after the contractor is decided. I did not talk more as I was in a hurry because of the tensions in the state due to the bandh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Thanks for the update. How many breaks did you take in the 5:20 hours.
Just one toilet break between Agra and Lucknow.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 19:23   #207
ses

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
I am travelling to Kanpur 26th of April and planning to take ALE.

Taking the ALE is the most sensible choice to go to Kanpur. The exit is clearly marked with multiple sign boards. You are unlikely to miss it. Please find a couple of relevant screenshots from the dashcam footage below. If you rely on Google Maps, just set the destination as Kanpur.

The distance on ALE till the Kanpur exit is around 230KM. Given the lack of traffic on ALE, you can easily maintain a high average speed on this stretch (of course, expressway speed limits are applicable). From the Kanpur exit till Kalyanpur (around 55KM), the road is 2 lane without a median. The road surface is good. There are a few villages on the way where you might encounter some congestion. You should be able to do this stretch in about 70-80 minutes. From Kalyanpur to Kanpur city, the road is wide - with 4 lanes and a median strip.

The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-alekanpurexit1.png

The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-alekanpurexit2.png
ses is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 14:25   #208
BHPian

So did this trip last weekend. Left Gurgaon on Saturday 28th April , attended the reception that evening and drove back on 29th April sunday.

Here is my take on this trip. I did take the suggestion of @SX4LOVER and hit Yamuna express way from Vrindavan. It was still early so did not have to negotiate any traffic between the point I left NH2 drove through Vrindavan and expressway link road finally merging on to YEW. The entry to Yamuna expressway is not that well planned here.

From there the connection to ALE is seamless with a little toll road (Rs. 35) called Agra Ring road. Stopped at one "public convenience" place at ALE. The washrooms are functional (albeit need more regular cleaning) but pretty much nothing else. A guy was selling Tea and Bread Pakoras but I bet you wouldn't muster courage to buy anything from him. So eat options are still a good time away.

Than comes the most harrowing part. Google suggested me to exit the ALE at Etawah exit (said its 25 minutes faster) but I ignored that and drove on to reach the exit for Kanpur/Kannauj as suggested by @ses above. The journey from this exit to Kanpur is treacherous to say the least. Nothing against @ses but I retrospectively think may be I should have tried the Etawah exit. I took 135 minutes to reach Landmark hotel in Kanpur where I stayed from this exit navigating jams almost at all towns that fall in between (Bilhore, Mandhana, Chaubeypur etc.).

My local relatives also had the opinion that ALE is not a good option if you are coming to Kanpur and not Lucknow. One is better off sticking to good old Agra-Etawah-Kanpur highway. I wanted to try that on my way back but due to some reasons I had to take the same route. I think that being a sunday , it was a little less taxing however the time taken was still only a shy away from 2 hours.

In summary, unless the connectivity between Kannuaj exit and Kanpur improves (at least double laning of GT road), I would want to use the old highway if and when I drive next.
New.Novice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 14:35   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Just came across this piece of news. It does mention the service road but still looks like some shoddy construction work. I've also read of the service road erosion at a few places on the expressway.

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/agra...e=whatsapp.com

I've also read that the locals have removed the barricades at many places for access to expressway. This is very dangerous as vehicles plying on expressway have higher speeds and can prove deadly.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 1st August 2018 at 15:01.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 19:05   #210
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I am planning to travel to Lucknow from Delhi very soon. And I can not start from Delhi (from Dwarka) before 1 PM. That means if everything goes well, I should reach Yamuna Expressway by 2:30 PM. Then Agra possibly by 5 PM.

Now my question to fellow BHPians is whether it is safe to take ALE at that time to reach LKO? I'll be traveling with wife and kid. Please suggest/guide.

Kind Regards

Vikas

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks