Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2015, 10:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: AH1/NH2 - South of Agra to Gurgaon

What is the best route to take for Gurgaon (Sohna Road) -> Vrindavan -> Agra.

And next day Agra -> Gurgaon.
Old 9th April 2015, 10:54   #17
BANNED

@mekeshgoel; Take AH1 ll the way. Go via NOIDA and then YE. Mathura / Vrindavan are the penultimate exits, Vrindavan is a separate exit on it. Vrindavan-Agra may be better using NH2. Back will again be AH1 via NOIDA. From Agra you head towards Tundla/kanpur and the YE exit is about 10km before Tundla.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 11:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@mekeshgoel; Take AH1 ll the way. Go via NOIDA and then YE.
Thanks.

You are suggesting AH1 (NH2) or Gurgaon->Noida->YE ?
Old 9th April 2015, 12:29   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Thanks.

You are suggesting AH1 (NH2) or Gurgaon->Noida->YE ?
Two years ago I tried SH222A via Palwal. I can only call it tractorable at best. I hear it is better now. Of course depending on where you are you my wish to avoid NH8 and take the MG Road, joining the Inner Ring Road at South Extension. My son is in Sector 54 and we use that.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 20:24   #20

Does anyone has any updates on the condition of SH 22A from Palwal to YamunaExpWay. As SGIITK sir pointed out it was pretty bad 2 years back but now better? Any latest drives on that road?
Old 21st October 2015, 21:46   #21

Quote:
Two years ago I tried SH222A via Palwal. I can only call it tractorable at best. I hear it is better now. Of course depending on where you are you my wish to avoid NH8 and take the MG Road, joining the Inner Ring Road at South Extension. My son is in Sector 54 and we use that.
The SH22A from Palwal and connecting with YEW is fine now with the exception of a 0.5 Km wet muddy stretch (which looks like to be under construction) and some sporadic rough spots. Travelled from Gurgaon to Agra on this route just 2 weeks back. Saves time, fuel and some toll.
Getz Go is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 08:34   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz Go View Post
The SH22A from Palwal and connecting with YEW is fine now with the exception of a 0.5 Km wet muddy stretch (which looks like to be under construction) and some sporadic rough spots. Travelled from Gurgaon to Agra on this route just 2 weeks back. Saves time, fuel and some toll.
thanks for the information - you are tempting me for my return trip in the second half on November. But then yesterday's tamasha is again scaring me off.
Old 22nd October 2015, 11:13   #23

Quote:
thanks for the information - you are tempting me for my return trip in the second half on November. But then yesterday's tamasha is again scaring me off.
Although this route might not be impacted but Yes why take chances. Also, the 0.5 Km muddy stretch hopefully should be done shortly. Would be travelling to Bhopal around Diwali through this route so banking on it
Old 22nd October 2015, 14:46   #24
BANNED

@Getz_Go; Please do post your experience. I am travelling after Deepawali.
Old 4th November 2015, 00:58   #25

There is a change of plan and hence the route. Now I would be travelling through NOIDA so will not be able to update you. But any which way the SH22A is a decent enough route, the 0.5 km muddy stretch can be easily done with slower speed and caution.
Old 4th November 2015, 16:08   #26
BANNED

Thanks. Now I will take a call closer to the date of departure which will now be first week of December.
Old 4th November 2015, 16:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What was this tamasha you referred in your post?
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:24   #28
BANNED

I am planning to take SH22A to return from Gurgaon to Kanpur via YE. I hope to take the new Manesar-Palwal expressway to get from Gurgaon to Palwal. I think I have to take he MP part of the KMP expressway, and then turn left on NH2 to go towards Palwal. Some guidance thereafter to get to YE.
Old 8th May 2016, 10:47   #29
BANNED

We drove from Gurugram (Golf Course Road) to Kanpur yesterday (totally time incl 30-40 min stop <8 hours). We started about 10:15am and were home before 6:15pm. Wishing to avoid Delhi (southex) and DND we took the Sohna Road, and then followed signposts to Palwal. Across into SH22A and then onto to the YE. The roads were excellent, if one discounts the thinline speedbreakers so popular in Haryana. SH22A (Palwal-Aligarh) is far better than it used to be, but there are a few rough patches (<0.5km) and a couple of tractorable ones (less than 200m) as well. However, we probably saved 25km (does not matter) and at least 45 minutes by using this route. Recommended. My Gramin caught the route fast but did wand us to take the opposite way in Palwal. Supplanting with Google maps saved the day.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th May 2016 at 10:00. Reason: typo corrected
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 12:18   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
we took the Sohna Road, and then followed signposts to Palwal
Did you went on interior roads to Sohna and then to Palwal ? New KMP on this side is fully operational now , one needs to turn left after Manesar and you can reach NH2 in about 30-40 minutes.

I am curious to know options to go to Agra via KMP when you land up on NH2 - should we continue on NH2 or is there any new road connecting to YEW ?

Last edited by GTO : 11th May 2016 at 10:22. Reason: Quoted post edited

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks