Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2006, 13:11   #1
BHPian

Resorts Around Bangalore

Hey,

Wanted to know if there are some interesting places around bangalore, like about 200 - 250 kms from Bangalore.
A weekend trip, an overnight stay and then back...

Please provide with some places and also Resorts at those places.

Rgds
M516
Old 8th August 2006, 14:24   #2
BHPian

I would suggest a place not 200 to 250 kms but just 20 to 25 kms from MG road Bangalore. Egle Ridge, the place is very nice and cool for a week end. Tell me if you want more on that.
Old 8th August 2006, 14:25   #3
BHPian

U could try gopal swamy betta or most of the jungle lodge resorts
Old 8th August 2006, 14:29   #4
BHPian

Willy, Can you please post some details about that please?? Even I am also looking out for one, withmy friends... All booze..............
Old 8th August 2006, 14:44   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider
Willy, Can you please post some details about that please?? Even I am also looking out for one, withmy friends... All booze..............
It is actually a good place if you just want to go and relax and spend your weekend. It is a place to be at peace. It is on the Begur koppa road. The road is not very smooth to drive. You can actually compramise with the other stuff there. They have seperate rates for indvidual and corporate. You have to just contact the Trails Travels in Patricks Complex. You can meet one Miss Gana. Her number is 9980137127.

I went there with my Family. Stayed for 2 days.

Did not like the pool, the depth is very less for me.

Note: the price is little bit to the higher side but the service is satisfactory
Old 8th August 2006, 14:59   #6
BHPian

Based on your prior knowledge/Exp, Please write about

PlaceName - Distance from Bangalore- Name of Resort - Cost of Stay.

I think that will help may TBhpians.

Cheers
Old 8th August 2006, 15:39   #7
BHPian

Hey, Thanks a ton willy... What is the sort of crowd that turns up there?? Cause dont wanna ruin someone else's weekend and ours, There will be some disturbance for sure, u no after everyone is drunk...
Old 8th August 2006, 16:02   #8
Joz
BHPian

Try the Jungle Lodges. BR hills (K Gudi) is about 250 kilometers from Bangalore. I had been there the weekend before last. You would need to book in advance. I didn't, but was luckly to manage accomodation.

If you are looking for a regular resort with swimming pool, play area, bar and the works, then avoid this place. Go there if you really like wildlife and the sorts. If you do enjoy nature, then chatting up with the people there is great fun.
Old 8th August 2006, 16:04   #9
BHPian

Check out www.indiaresortsurvey.com ,select distance from bangalore and look for a resort which suits you
Old 8th August 2006, 17:01   #10
BHPian

Prashanth,
the link Does not work
Old 8th August 2006, 17:11   #11
BHPian

it is http://www.indiaresortssurvey.com/
Old 9th August 2006, 15:19   #12
BHPian

Well, how about WonderLa water park ? heard its good..

About resorts.. I heard of someone by name MS Resorts in Times Of India.
Any exp ?
Old 9th August 2006, 15:34   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, Thanks a ton willy... What is the sort of crowd that turns up there?? Cause dont wanna ruin someone else's weekend and ours, There will be some disturbance for sure, u no after everyone is drunk...
You are welcome. I think all kind of crowd come there, because when i went there was a big crowd from ICICI bank. They all were screaming and dancing late night. That should not be a problem i feel. Anyway you just callup and checkout with Gana.
Old 9th August 2006, 15:49   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Sangam (near crossing Cauvery river to reach Mekedatu) might fit your bill. Know this bcoz your requirements seem too familiar to the one that I and my friends have ;-)

Requirements:
a) A good place to have beer (or whatever is your poison)
b) Not very far off from Bangalore (dont want to devote more time to driving than for drinking). Anything around 100 kms from Bangalore is ok.
c) Not many families around as we dont want to be a nuisance to anyone
d) Water bodies preferable. Hills can be dangerous to drive

How Sangam fits the bill:
a) Lots of youngsters drink here. There are rocks in the middle of the river too - where ppl enjoy a drink or two.
b) Its about 90 kms from Bangalore
c) Families - slight problem in this point as many families visit this place, but most prefer to cross the river to go to Mekedatu
d) Water is only knee-deep for most part of the river. The deepest portion is only waist deep.

I had been to Muthathi (70 kms from Bangalore - its near Sangam) 2-3 weeks ago, but the water flow was too fast and deep there. Also, no place on the banks where one can sit and booze.

Heard the above description and saw a few snaps from a friend about Sangam. Planning to go there this weekend.

Last edited by pravin_sn : 9th August 2006 at 15:50.
Old 9th August 2006, 15:56   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M516
Hey,

Wanted to know if there are some interesting places around bangalore, like about 200 - 250 kms from Bangalore.
A weekend trip, an overnight stay and then back...

Please provide with some places and also Resorts at those places.

Rgds
M516
I have a neat little XLS, which I got from some friend. It has distance, road condition, pilgrimage/hill/river, etc as different columns in the Excel worksheet. So you can easily use Excel AutoFilter facility to zero in on the required places around Bangalore.
I am new to upload to this site, so if anyone can send me instructions, I can upload the file. Else you could send me a request at pravinsn1@gmail.com and I could mail it to you.

Most Viewed