Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2015, 23:20   #1
BHPian

Fastest and cleanest Gurgaon-Vapi Route

Friends,

I am planning to do a road trip to Vapi in a month's time on two wheels and am trying to figure out a route which is fastest/has minimal traffic (wishful thinking ).

I have done Gurgaon-Ajmer via NH-8 a couple of months ago and am familiar with the road and traffic conditions.

Ajmer-Udaipur: Should NH-8 be followed for this leg too? Or one should take NH79 passing Bhilwara and Chittorgarh?

Udaipur-Ahmedabad: NH8 again, but I have read about traffic jams at Himatnagar. What's the best way to beat that?

Ahmedabad-Vadodra: I would think Expressway would make more sense as against NH8?

Vadodra-Vapi: NH8 again all the way?

What are the potential traffic-jam prone points on these (or suggested routes) and how can one avoid them?

All inputs are highly appreciated!
Old 8th April 2015, 23:33   #2
BHPian

Re: Fastest and cleanest Gurgaon-Vapi Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post

All inputs are highly appreciated!
Gurgaon - Jaipur - Kishangarh - Ajmer - Bhilwara - Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Ahemdabad - Vadodra - Bharuch - Vapi.

Here is the ROUTE MAP

Here is the thread where this route and timings to beat the traffic are being discussed in detail:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...irections.html

All the best!

Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 09:19   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Gurgaon - Jaipur - Kishangarh - Ajmer - Bhilwara - Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Ahemdabad - Vadodra - Bharuch - Vapi. have done Gurgaon-Ajmer via NH-8 a couple of months ago and am familiar with the road and traffic conditions.
Quote:
Ajmer-Udaipur: Should NH-8 be followed for this leg too? Or one should take NH79 passing Bhilwara and Chittorgarh?
You don't need to go to Ajmer if you chose Bhilwara - Chitorgarh route , turn left from Kishangarh

From Udaipur there are couple of options - one is regular NH8 via Himatnagar , second via Abu Road , Palanpur , Ahmedabad - Advantages - avoid Udaipur bypass / city rush , turn right just before start of Udaipur city , relatively less rush beyond Udaipur & very scenic road . Mostly small vehicles use this road

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ch...2505!3e0?hl=en

and third Udaipur-Shamlaji-Modasa-Lunawada-Godhra-Kalol-Halol-Vadodara.

Via AbuRoad option will be longer but cleanest & most scenic , beyond Ahmedabad only one option , you need to take care of bridge - look at this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...queries-6.html
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 12:23   #4
BHPian

Completed this return journey yesterday. Had started at 4.20 a.m. from Gurgaon on 20th June and was back at base on 21st at 3.55 p.m.

All in all it was a good ride except for Ahmedabad-Vadodra stretch. Almost entire highway has been dug up because of road widening. 100-odd kms stretch which shouldn't take more than 1.25 hours took almost 3 hours each way. It was only upon reaching Ahmedabad that I got to know that 2 wheelers weren't permitted on the expressway..

But road beyond Vadodra is a paradise!! And its just not the road, heavy vehicles are very disciplined; and smaller vehicles too are far more sanely driven than on my side of the country

Passing Bharuch was a breeze. Did not deviate from NH-8 and was past Narmada in no time. Some smart traffic management filtered vehicles with heavy ones taking the wider bridge while the smaller ones took the narrower (and probably the older of two) one. Besides, being on 2 wheels did help to a great extent!
AlokSriva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks