Team-BHP - Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/17276-weekend-getaways-hyderabad.html)

Hey Guys,
Any innovative ideas to cruise around Hyderabad during weekends
Already done the regular circuits.

No dirt tracks I drive a Immaculate Baleno and intend to keep it that way

Thanks...

Hyderabad isn't the best of places for a weekend drive - there aren't too many places to go to for a quick weekend getaway.

Take a look at this site, most decent spots are listed.

http://aptourism.com/apservlets/jsp/index.jsp

For a beach getaway, you could go to Chirala or Bapatla, both are in the ~350 km range.

A longer trip would get you to Araku Valley near Vizag, and you could build Vizag into the trip and get to visit both a 'hill station' and a beach.

How about the Kuntala and the pochera waterfalls. I myself haven't done it, planning on doing it sometime in the near future.

I am also planning on a trip to mantralayam from hyderabad. I am planning to include Hampi, Tungabhadra dam also.

Questions to the travel gurus are:

1) Is it possible to do all the 3 in a weekend?
2) Out of the two routes from hyderabad to mantralayam(one via mahboob nagar, another via kurnool), which is the better route.

Planning on doing this on my 4 month old baleno.

Thanks,
Dwarak

I am not a travel guru, but still will give you my views

Question 1
It will be a touch and go and hectic driving

Your Itenary could look like this

Friday night : Hyd to mantralaya
Sat Morn: Temple Visit
Sat by 11AM: Depart to tunghabhadra dam
Sat by 5 PM : See the dam and the musical fountain show
Sunday By 5 AM : Depart to hampi
Sunday by 11 AM : Arrival in Hampi so the sighseeing till evening
Sunday by 8PM : Depart Hampi
Monday Morning : Arrival in hyd

Question 2

Kurnool route is any day better though slightly longer

Hey

Checked your post on Yahoo about ahobilam,
Wanted to know about accomadation in mahanandi.
Any contact info on this one.

Hi,

I didn't stay in mahanandi. Halted only for abt 3 hrs, that too because, I had my keys locked inside the car and had to get a mechanic all the way from Nandyal to open the rear door. Was at the temple only in Mahanandi. Nandyal is about 16 kms from Mahanandi and there are places to stay in Nandyal.

Thanks for the info regarding mantralayam. On another note, one of my colleagues did hyd-mantralayam this past weekend. She did it via raichur and mentioned that the roads were good. Distance was 230 Kms and was covered in 5 hours.

Have fun,
Dwarak

Thanks for the Info,

Did u learn the trick of jimmying the back door do you want share best practice.

Did'nt know of the raichur route, still advice you to cautious of Statehighways in karnataka, today they are good, tommorrow they will be dirt tracks,
Primarily because of the construction quality

try warangal where u have old ruins of kakatiya dynasty precursor to vijay nagar empire. only 130 km form hyd.

You can drive to Nagarjuna sagar. It is around 150 KMS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar
Hey Guys,
Any innovative ideas to cruise around Hyderabad during weekends
Already done the regular circuits.

No dirt tracks I drive a Immaculate Baleno and intend to keep it that way

Thanks...

You might want to buy Outlook travellers "52 weekends from banaglore". They have quite a few places listed which should be doable from Hyderabad.

Quote:

You can drive to Nagarjuna sagar. It is around 150 KMS

I heard that there is lot of water in Krishna. Not sure if all of that is held up at srisailam dam or is let out till Sagar. Last year, it was really good with all the gates having been opened.

Quote:

Did u learn the trick of jimmying the back door do you want share best practice.
The mechanic took out the metal strip that is on the door which holds the window and then opened the lock by sliding a long thin rod to release the lock.

Have fun,
Dwarak

thanks guys hyderabad is not that boring afterall

Hi Folks,

I have recently joined this forum and wish to know some good ideas regarding weekend trips from my location ( Hyd)?????please:

I am a car and bike enthusiastic and would like your suggestions for weekend trips ( 150km-300km) for both as i love driving and biking equally !!!

Car: Viva CRDI
Bike: Pulsar 150 DTS-i

Needless to say, if anybody interested in weekend trips ( max 2 days) lets get together in near future

Cheers
Avinash

Avinash

Nagarajuna sagar is about 150-160 KM from Hyderabad. I liked most of the stretch, not as good as a highway or expwy. I could at 100 KMPH on most of the stetch and did a 125 KMPH on my return at night. This can be done in one day.

Even thoug I have not been to:

You can think of Bhadrachalam.
Costal villlages near Vijayawada.
There is one yetthipothala waterfall some where near Sagar. You can actually see diversion marked for this route.
Srisailam is another prospective visiting places.
Visakhpatnam (Vizag) is one you can think of, I am sure you'll enjoy the drive.

Thanks Sreenivas, I am aware about these places and been to all of them several times. I was wondering are they any other which is not known to us.