Team-BHP - India - pet friendly hotels/ stopovers? Calling all dog lovers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   India - pet friendly hotels/ stopovers? Calling all dog lovers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/19282-india-pet-friendly-hotels-stopovers-calling-all-dog-lovers-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 5434524)
Hi Mohit
You can check out Tree of Life, Inderpura. This is around 204 kms from Gurgaon. We have been there earlier with our dog and it is a nice place for a small family get-together. Though please do check in advance if they are having any marriage functions on that date as they are quite popular for weddings.

Thanks behemoth for such a quick response :thumbs up
But unfortunately Google maps show this place to be around 120 km from Jaipur and I'll already travelling from chittorgarh (which is 320 km from Jaipur in opposite direction). My father is undergoing chemotherapy for cancer and anything beyond 5 hrs would be too tiring for him.
Tree of life at Jaipur is already booked :disappointed. But I'll keep your suggestion as a backup option
Thanks again

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudanmohit (Post 5434553)
Thanks behemoth for such a quick response :thumbs up
But unfortunately Google maps show this place to be around 120 km from Jaipur and I'll already travelling from chittorgarh (which is 320 km from Jaipur in opposite direction). My father is undergoing chemotherapy for cancer and anything beyond 5 hrs would be too tiring for him.
Tree of life at Jaipur is already booked :disappointed. But I'll keep your suggestion as a backup option
Thanks again

Another option you can consider is Samskara resort near Jaipur. Though I haven't stayed there, I have heard good things about the place . They are also pet friendly but charge extra for the pooch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 5434610)
Another option you can consider is Samskara resort near Jaipur. Though I haven't stayed there, I have heard good things about the place . They are also pet friendly but charge extra for the pooch.

Thanks again
Checked it out. It seems like a good option and convenient for me. But it is fully booked on 26-27th November for some marriage.

It seems like everyone is getting married on 26thlol:

But i appreciate your quick response. The search is still on.
Thanks again

Hi, hope you found a suitable place.
If you did, please do share your experience!

I hope this thread improves, we can make a statewise ,routewise directory. There is a page (pawcation_india) on insta (not promoting) which has been helpful. Also booking.com and airbnb seems to be comprehensive.

So far the places I have stayed with my pet Indie

1) South Goa- Simrose Agonda
2) Waynad- Talking Trees
3) Chikamangalur- Mandal Woods
4) Ooty-Sherlock
5) Kodaikanal- Lilly's Valley resort
6) Kabini- Read Earth

We (2 adults) have stayed in the following places with 2 pets in a single cottage /room :

1) Taalish Resort - near Naneghat trail, Junnar
2) Red stone - Wai, just before climbing Panchgani ghat. great place to let loose the pets.
3) Forest county - Mahabaleshwar
4) Montego bay beach resort - morgim beach, Goa
5) O Pescador An Indy Resort - dias beach, Right next to dona Paula, Goa
6) Della resort Lonavala EXPENSIVE!!!!
7) Velvet County Khandala
8) Prainha resort - Dias beach, Dona Paula, Goa (only one pet per room)
9) Wildflower villas, near candolim (now it has become extremely expensive)
10) Miraya resort Panchgani (not stayed here, but heard from others)

Restaurants that allow pets:

1) Britto's, Baga Goa
2) Anthony's, Baga Goa
3) Flying Dolphin, Candolim Goa
4) Calamari Bathe and binge, Candolim Goa
5) Bay 15 Dona Paula
6) Fat fish, Calangute Goa
7) Kinara village, Lonavala
8) Rustoms strawberry inn, Panchgani (awesome Parsi food as well)
9) Hotel Kaveri, NH48 at the exit towards Amboli ghat

All Linger properties welcome pets. Most of them have huge campus and the pets will love it.

Doing a bangalore-mahabalipuram-Pondycherry-Tanjavur-Bangalore trip around Dusherra. Have booked the places.Will update on the stay as once it's done.

Anyone doing a Bangalore - Hyderabad to Kolkata trip during Durga Puja this year with pets? Evaluating myself, sow would be good to have like minded 2nd car over the journey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidban85 (Post 5638675)
Anyone doing a Bangalore - Hyderabad to Kolkata trip during Durga Puja this year with pets? Evaluating myself, sow would be good to have like minded 2nd car over the journey.

You can check on the Bangalore-kolkata route queries thread. I believe there are a couple of folks doing the route but I don't think it's via Hyderabad.

I recently stayed at the Taj Exotica in Goa - best use of credit card points. Absolutely fantastic experience. This is a proper pet friendly place (as opposed to places that merely allows pets). They even had a separate menu for pets. Would strongly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a stay in Goa with their four legged friends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACe_10 (Post 5643677)
I recently stayed at the Taj Exotica in Goa - best use of credit card points. Absolutely fantastic experience. This is a proper pet friendly place (as opposed to places that merely allows pets). They even had a separate menu for pets. Would strongly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a stay in Goa with their four legged friends.

Do they allow you to stay in any room you choose? For Taj Holiday Village only the rooms with the private gardens was allowed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by touring_spirit (Post 5643949)
Do they allow you to stay in any room you choose? For Taj Holiday Village only the rooms with the private gardens was allowed.

Unfortunately No. We wanted the sea-view villas. But the rooms were good, and we were ok with the compromise given we also wanted our dog to experience the sea [P.S. he hated it lol:]

This along with Destiny Farms in Ooty have been the two best experience travelling with my pet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACe_10 (Post 5644953)
Unfortunately No. We wanted the sea-view villas. But the rooms were good, and we were ok with the compromise given we also wanted our dog to experience the sea [P.S. he hated it lol:]

This along with Destiny Farms in Ooty have been the two best experience travelling with my pet.

Destiny Farms, I have heard good reviews from non pet parents too.