Team-BHP - India - pet friendly hotels/ stopovers? Calling all dog lovers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   India - pet friendly hotels/ stopovers? Calling all dog lovers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/19282-india-pet-friendly-hotels-stopovers-calling-all-dog-lovers-5.html)

Did the Mahabalipuram-Pondycherry-Tanjavur trip with pet and family during Dusshera. Stayed at Ibis Sipcot Chennai, The Hotel at Eden Beach,Pondycherry and Hotel Green Palace, Thanjavur.
Ibis Sipcot is closer to Mahabalipuram, but the other Ibis on OMR is better breakfast wise. For pets there is no difference as the rooms are small, but they can climb around. There is 1500 rs charge extra for the pet with nothing included. Please be cautious of the Mahabalipuram beach when you go with your pets, carry a stick as there are a lot of territorial dogs. IMO, I would ask to avoid the beach altogether because its trashed.

There are much better properties in Pondicherry near Rock Beach and Serenity beach. But being Dusshera the availability was limited, and the prices jacked up. Stayed at the property called The Hotel at Eden Beach. it's essentially a hostel made into a hotel. The owner did enquire whether my dog behaves, which indicates even though they allow pets, not exactly pet friendly. There is no kitchen, though its serviceable by Swiggy and Zomato both. Rooms were clean though basic amenities like a closet or hooks for hanging your clothes were missing. Eden Beach which is one of Indias few Blue flag beaches was walking distance and fur babies will have a nice time there. Wanted to stay at Angel Heritage Homestay on Serenity Beach, but maybe for next time.

Thanjavur really doesn't have any pet friendly places. Hotel green palace is basically a standalone apartment made into a hotel. We stayed in a 2 bhk room so my dog had a lot of space to run around. Since its located inside a layout there is a lot of space for your dog to walk. It's a decent location, unobtrusive, serviced by Swiggy and Zomato and have their own restaurant. Other than that, nothing much to write about.

Pet friendly places are on the rise, but we still have a long way to go. Hope this post helps other pet owners to plan their trips to the south-eastern beaches of India.

River Bay resort - Rajamundry
Taj Vivanta DN Square Bhubaneswar

I'm planning a solo drive from Bangalore to Delhi and back with my 3 year old indie. I am planning to take two overnight stays (Hyderabad and Gwalior/Jhansi)
What are some of the decent overnight stays that anyone here has used. I'm pretty flexible with the cities I stay in, so I can alter my plans based on the hotels. And I wouldn't want to cover anything more than 1000km in a day.
Any help would be appreciated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon0508 (Post 5743759)
I'm planning a solo drive from Bangalore to Delhi and back with my 3 year old indie. I am planning to take two overnight stays (Hyderabad and Gwalior/Jhansi)
What are some of the decent overnight stays that anyone here has used. I'm pretty flexible with the cities I stay in, so I can alter my plans based on the hotels. And I wouldn't want to cover anything more than 1000km in a day.
Any help would be appreciated!

When are you travelling?
Let me know the dates when you are halting in Hyderabad, i will host you and your pet.
As someone who have travelled extensively with my pet, I know the issues involved.
I stay in Kukatpally - Hitech City area. It is about 5/6 km from ORR Gachibowli exit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydtraveller (Post 5747781)
When are you travelling?
Let me know the dates when you are halting in Hyderabad, i will host you and your pet.
As someone who have travelled extensively with my pet, I know the issues involved.
I stay in Kukatpally - Hitech City area. It is about 5/6 km from ORR Gachibowli exit.

Hey bud, I really appreciate the offer, however I'm already enroute and have completed 2/3 days, I'm at Jhansi right now, I had stayed at Nagpur yesterday night. I'll edit this post with my experience once I'm at the other side.