Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2018, 19:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Beware of Monkey attacks at Monkey Point, Lonavala

I will humbly request members to stay on TOPIC of discussion & rather make contributions by HIGHLIGHTING such locations across India.
Since we have high numbers of travelogues, this info can be collated & used as caution note.
We can also look at changing TOPIC to Monkey menace/attacks locations in India.

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 20:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
I will humbly request members to stay on TOPIC
Who would mind a few monkeys playing around in a place you visit. In fact its fun watching their antics.

But we are discussing them being a menace because in some places they attack and bite or scratch you. Something that could very well give you rabies - a fatal disease if not attended to. So its only fair to discuss, here, what to do if one bites you at Monkey Point, rather than creating another thread to discuss just that.
Old 14th November 2018, 18:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

https://www.ndtv.com/agra-news/mohal...it-fat-1946576

Monkey Snatches 12-Day-Old Infant From Agra Woman, Attacks It Fatally.
The baby was rushed to a hospital where the doctors declared him brought dead, the family members said.
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 15:16   #19
BHPian

I experienced Monkey Menace in Hampi and after reading the posts here, am thankful that nothing of this sort happened.
Episode 1: A monkey peeing on my wife in the Virupaksham Temple. Benefit of doubt goes to the Monkey as it could be an accident.

Episode 2: We were at Anjanadri Hills ( the supposed birth place of hanuman). It was around 4.30 pm and sunset was expected around 5.30 pm. Oblivious of the fact that the mountain was infested with monkeys, gave my 4 year old a couple of cookies ( one after another) to eat. No monkeys in sight then. By 5, all got bored and we decided to quit the Sunset watching plan and head to the hotel. As soon as we got up, 1 monkey came and grabbed my 10 year old's Backpack( I had one too with fruits and other eats in it). She let go off it. The monkey, showing his teeth, opened a couple of zips with his teeth, found some Band-aids and hair bands and in anger, threw the bag in a 10-15 feet gorge, between the big rocks.
We were all set to quit the bag as both the daughters were crying, when the local temple guys came to assist. One of them went down the gorge and retrieved the bag and lot of other lost items ( not belonging to us).
Thankfully no one was bitten, as finding a hospital or a Primary Care centre would have been a tough task.
On our way down the hill, we kept on telling everyone to hide the bananas ( offering to the temple) from the rogue monkeys.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 12:53   #20
BHPian

This incident is bizarre to say the least, and I can imagine the plight of an owner if it were to happen when they are on a road trip. I have seen monkeys being extremely boisterous and are definitely a threat if small children are around.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks