Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2020, 21:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Stuck in West Bengal, need to get home in Mumbai. How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertillidie View Post
Had done a one way trip around mid June via CG ( instead of the longer route via TS and AP).

Apart from MH exit and WB entry passes, no further documentation was asked for.

Beware, the route via OD isn't in great shape due to ongoing highway expansion projects.
Is this the same CG route that Google Maps suggests? I have not taken that route ever, and am not aware if it's safe to travel with a kid. (safe accommodation and passage)

During my past trips, I have been staying at Gopalpur ( at OD) but since they are pretty much off the highway, a considerable amount of time is wasted just to merge back. Any decent accommodations you are aware of around Vijaywada and Odisha.

Any links for the MH exit and WB extry passes? Let me have those processes completed in the mean time.
Old 10th November 2020, 18:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Is this the same CG route that Google Maps suggests? I have not taken that route ever, and am not aware if it's safe to travel with a kid. (safe accommodation and passage)

During my past trips, I have been staying at Gopalpur ( at OD) but since they are pretty much off the highway, a considerable amount of time is wasted just to merge back. Any decent accommodations you are aware of around Vijaywada and Odisha.

Any links for the MH exit and WB extry passes? Let me have those processes completed in the mean time.
It's quite safe to drive through CG with a kid and the roads were in good condition as of June.

I am referring to the route via Nagpur, Raipur, Sambalpur. Once you cross Sambalpur in OD, progress would be slow but things improve drastically once you cross the state border and enter WB.

The advantage of following this route is you reach your destination almost a day early.

I don't believe there are any restrictions on interstate movement by road, hence you won't need any passes.

It might help if you carried recent RT PCR test reports for yourself and family, just in case.
bikertillidie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 08:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertillidie View Post
It's quite safe to drive through CG with a kid and the roads were in good condition as of June.

I am referring to the route via Nagpur, Raipur, Sambalpur. Once you cross Sambalpur in OD, progress would be slow but things improve drastically once you cross the state border and enter WB.
I was just having a discussion with the better half over the morning cuppa and remembering our past experiences on the various routes we had taken etc. I guess its good to try out this route too since I am quite positive that road will be fine if that was the case during June'20. Will it be possible for you to please share your detailed itinerary (Hotels (Charges), Stopovers of the day, etc) so that I can make the rough calculations at my end. Would be great if you can share the details over the message?
No dates finalized as yet, but guess post this Diwali we can start.
Old 15th November 2020, 20:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
I was just having a discussion with the better half over the morning cuppa and remembering our past experiences on the various routes we had taken etc. I guess its good to try out this route too since I am quite positive that road will be fine if that was the case during June'20. Will it be possible for you to please share your detailed itinerary (Hotels (Charges), Stopovers of the day, etc) so that I can make the rough calculations at my end. Would be great if you can share the details over the message?
No dates finalized as yet, but guess post this Diwali we can start.
Well, we needed pet friendly accommodation enroute. Hence, our options were rather limited.

Peanut Inn @ Nagpur
The Konark @ Sambalpur

proved quite decent.

You should have a lot more options available unless you're travelling along with pet(s).
bikertillidie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks