Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2020, 12:07   #1

Vadodara - Rawatbhata (Rajasthan) route query

Hello All,

I've been an avid reader and passive user of the forum and have benefitted a lot from it. Finally posting with a query with a resolve to be more active here!

One of my female cousins is wanting to travel from Vadodara, Gujarat to Rawatbhata, Rajasthan by car next week. She wants to avoid taking the combination of flight and bus during these times and hence directly wants to travel by car. She is an avid driver and has driven long distances (8-10 hrs) at a stretch earlier but this time, she will be traveling solo.

I checked out the routes and found the route mentioned on this (Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries) post to be the best one.
Route is: Vadodara - Ghodra - Chittorgarh - Rawatbhata

The route has a major part on NH56 and NH27 which I found out (by checking on the forum) to be good roads. The overall distance comes to be around 500 kms and travel time approx. 10 hrs.

Can people please help with these questions:
1. Any suggestions on traveling solo on this route?
2. Any suggestions on the route or any modifications that can be done?
3. She intends to start in the morning around 7 am, so she can reach the destination by 5 pm. Any suggestions here considering she will be traveling by herself?
4. Any recommended pitstops?
5. I think there are ample petrol pumps in between, so that should not be a concern but if anyone knows any specific petrol pump near a major pitstop?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Regards
Old 26th July 2020, 22:53   #2

re: Vadodara - Rawatbhata (Rajasthan) route query

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRichieRich View Post
Hi,
I did some more digging and found the other possible route to be Vadodara-Ghodra-Samhalji-Ratanpur-Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Rawatbhata

However, I found that the few people mentioned that road from Samhalji to Udaipur was under construction earlier and had also of diversions. And also that Ratanpur stretch can be avoided due to few untoward incidents of cars getting hit by stones, but that's mostly for night driving.

With this, I'm still thinking to suggest her the earlier route: Vadodara-Ghodhra-Banswara-Neemuch-Chittaurgarh-Rawatbhata

If anyone has taken this stretch, please do share your thoughts. My cousin sister will be driving by herself.

Regards

Last edited by ampere : 26th July 2020 at 23:05. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 7th August 2020, 14:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vadodara - Rawatbhata (Rajasthan) route query

Quote:
One of my female cousins is wanting to travel from Vadodara, Gujarat to Rawatbhata, Rajasthan by car next week. She is an avid driver and has driven long distances (8-10 hrs) at a stretch earlier but this time, she will be traveling solo.

Route is: Vadodara - Ghodra - Chittorgarh - Rawatbhata

1. Any suggestions on traveling solo on this route?
2. Any suggestions on the route or any modifications that can be done?
3. She intends to start in the morning around 7 am, so she can reach the destination by 5 pm. Any suggestions here considering she will be traveling by herself?
4. Any recommended pitstops?
5. I think there are ample petrol pumps in between, so that should not be a concern but if anyone knows any specific petrol pump near a major pitstop?
Quote:
I did some more digging and found the other possible route to be Vadodara-Ghodra-Samhalji-Ratanpur-Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Rawatbhata

However, I found that the few people mentioned that road from Samhalji to Udaipur was under construction earlier and had also of diversions. And also that Ratanpur stretch can be avoided due to few untoward incidents of cars getting hit by stones, but that's mostly for night driving.

With this, I'm still thinking to suggest her the earlier route: Vadodara-Ghodhra-Banswara-Neemuch-Chittaurgarh-Rawatbhata

If anyone has taken this stretch, please do share your thoughts. My cousin sister will be driving by herself.
On 27th May, 2020 I did Vadodara Udaipur Vadodara one day. On 02-08-2020 I again had to enter Rajasthan. No checks whatsoever. Just normal driving. Traffic is not as heavy as it was in Pre-Covid times, this means good average speeds possible.

Not sure what is status of route from Udaipur to Chittorgarh, but if one is traveling from Vadodara, the most preferable route is Vadodara-Halol-Godhra-Modassa-Shamlaji-Udaipur. The zone from Godhra till Udaipur is what has to be done in day time, always. This route is not having much traffic till Shamlaji, which results into good average speeds. Post Shamlaji, there are many diversions, with several places having poor marking for diversions and absolutely non scientific, unmarked speed breakers. Other than this, route is good. Start from Vadodara at around 6:30 or so to avoid any sort of traffic till Halol. No tolls till Shamlaji.

Pitstops : There are hotels near the starting point of Godhra bypass, Then Shamlaji and then only at Udaipur. Hotels in Ratanpur, Bicchiwara, Kherwada are not good particularly when it comes to hygiene. Anything near Udaipur is better. Carry tea and snacks along with excess water. Fuel stations are aplenty enroute. I would recommend refueling just before Udaipur, rather than anything in between post Halol and before Udaipur.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks