Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2018, 10:52   #406
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

We are planning a road trip from Ahmedabad To Munabao(The last railway station in India). From little bit of research I have zeroed on the Ahmedabad Barmer route with stay at Barmer.
Please give your inputs for the entire trip. Is it possible and worth to cover Longewala if we extend 1 more day.
Old 24th July 2018, 14:07   #407
BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries

I'm planning a roadtrip in October with the following itinerary. Requesting veterans of this route to suggest any modifications if required to this itinerary. Idea is to not rush too much.

D 1 - Delhi - Jodhpur
D 2 - Jodhpur
D 3 - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer
D 4 - Jaisalmer
D 5 - Jaisalmer - Udaipur
D 6 - Udaipur + Chittorgarh
D 7 - Chittorgarh - Agra
D 8 - Agra - Delhi

Also, requesting members who have taken this route about info on the current road conditions. Does Gmap show the correct way as I'll be primarily depending on it.
Old 26th July 2018, 07:38   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
Hi Bhpians,

We are planning a road trip from Ahmedabad To Munabao(The last railway station in India). From little bit of research I have zeroed on the Ahmedabad Barmer route with stay at Barmer.
Please give your inputs for the entire trip. Is it possible and worth to cover Longewala if we extend 1 more day.
Two days..Barmer Longewala is a stretch in one day to and fro
Old 26th July 2018, 08:02   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Two days..Barmer Longewala is a stretch in one day to and fro

Thanks Sudev.
Do we need permit to visit these places if yes then what is the procedure?
Old 26th July 2018, 09:45   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
I'm planning a roadtrip in October with the following itinerary.
Looks too tight, too many places in very less days. There is no time in Udaipur at all, might as well cut out Udaipur and spend an extra day in Jaisalmer to explore Tanot-Longewala.

Udaipur alone will take a day or 2 to explore. Then there is Ranakpur, Kumbalgarh fort between Udaipur and Jodhpur. Jaisalmer again will 2-2.5 days with Tanot-Longewala (which alone will take half+ day)

Also I'd either do Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer or reverse. I'd expect Jaisalmer-Udaipur to take about 10 hrs, so a full day is gone right there.
Old 13th August 2018, 10:08   #411
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Need intelligent inputs from people who have done Pune to Rajasthan trips recently.

I am planning a Pune to Kota road trip from 21st Aug till 25th Aug. The onward journey will begin in the evening (I prefer night driving) from Pune on the night of 21st.

Google Map shows 2 different routes -

a) Pune-Narayangaon-Sangamner-Chandwad-Malegaon-Dhule-Indore-Ujjain-Kota

Total Time: 18hrs 34 mins. (It bypasses Nasik)

b) Pune-Thane-Vapi-Valsad-Bharuch-Vadodara-Godhra-Nimbahera-Chittorgarh-Kota

Total Time: 19hr 26 mins.

c) I have also checked the option of going through Nasik instead of bypassing it OR going from Pune to Mumbai to Nasik to avoid Pune-Nasik hassles.

I have a GLA and would be traveling with wife & 2 kids - 9yrs & 5 yrs. We usually do Juggad to ensure that the backseat is like a double bed for our kids and they comfortably sleep. I have done a non-stop 22 hrs journey from Pune to Cochin and a Cochin to Pune non-stop 26 hrs, back in December, so i know it works very well

Now given this backdrop, which route is most appropriate, considering that -

a) I would prefer 4 lanes or 6 lanes for most part of the journey.
b) I would want some decent hotels midway in case of an emergency or the need to take a break.
c) Need decent dhabas (with clean toilets i imagine) as there would be few stops in between.

Thanks in advance for all your support!

Best,
Ashwin
Old 13th August 2018, 11:00   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin Morey View Post
2 different routes
I would suggest the Thane route. An afternoon start and crossing Vasai Creek before evening traffic would be what I'd do. Satisfies all your conditions.
Old 13th August 2018, 11:12   #413
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
b) Pune-Thane-Vapi-Valsad-Bharuch-Vadodara-Godhra-Nimbahera-Chittorgarh-Kota
This one, without much doubt.

If you can, what I'd recommend is, travel from Pune to Mumbai the evening before and stay preferably near Ghodbunder. The next morning, have an early start (before 7am) so you are out before traffic builds up.

The problem with an early morning start from Pune is, even if you start at 5am, you run the risk of getting stuck in morning rush hour traffic. You've got small kids with you so I doubt you want to start any sooner.
Old 13th August 2018, 11:42   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This one, without much doubt.

The problem with an early morning start from Pune is, even if you start at 5am, you run the risk of getting stuck in morning rush hour traffic. You've got small kids with you so I doubt you want to start any sooner.
As i mentioned, I would be doing a night drive so I will start at about 8.00PM from Pune so by the time i reach Mumbai side, the city traffic would have subsided and then I can continue my onward journey with the hopes that traffic is light at all major junctions.

Would there be a lot of traffic at night between Thane & Vapi?
Old 13th August 2018, 14:10   #415
BHPian

Hello guys,
I am planning a trip next month to Rajasthan. I have booked Zoom car from Jaipur and will be visiting Jodhpur and Jaiselmer. Need suggestions on routes from Jaiselmer to Jaipur. Google map shows routes from Nagaur or Jodhpur.
How is the Nagaur route? Does it have decent food stops as I will be travelling with 2 kids.
Any other suggestions are welcome.
Old 13th August 2018, 15:02   #416
BHPian

I did Jaisalmer to Jodhpur in Dec 2017. Jaisalmer to Pokhran was under widening. However pokhran to Jodhpur was fantastic wide 2 lane roads.
If you go to Nagaur ... Try visiting khivamsar

Quote:

a) Pune-Narayangaon-Sangamner-Chandwad-Malegaon-Dhule-Indore-Ujjain-Kota

Total Time: 18hrs 34 mins. (It bypasses Nasik)

Best,
Ashwin
You may want to bypass Indore - and consider Ratlam chittorgarh. You will get 4 lane all the way from Malegaon to chittorgarh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
Hi Bhpians,

I did Barmer-Munabo-Jaisalmer in Dec. Though 1 lane - roads are in good condition. We went as a family and we're allowed visit to checkpoint upon submitting id cards. No hassles at all. However saw another post where a group of bikers were detained and not allowed!

Last edited by Zappo : 13th August 2018 at 15:54. Reason: Please start using the multiquote button rather than making so many back to back posts. All posts merged.
Old 13th August 2018, 17:16   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will start at about 8.00PM from Pune
8PM start will land you 10ish at Vasai Creek where you'll face huge truck traffic. If you want to use 4/6-lanes choose an early afternoon start and cross Bombay (Vasai) before Mumbaikars head home.

If you are strict about a late evening start, then you have to opt via Nasik/Nagar-Malegaon.

Facilities wise, GQ would be the better choice any day.
Old 13th August 2018, 19:47   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
8PM start will land you 10ish at Vasai Creek where you'll face huge truck traffic. If you want to use 4/6-lanes choose an early afternoon start and cross Bombay (Vasai) before Mumbaikars head home.

If you are strict about a late evening start, then you have to opt via Nasik/Nagar-Malegaon.

Facilities wise, GQ would be the better choice any day.
Thanks for the valuable insights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_gs1 View Post
You may want to bypass Indore - and consider Ratlam chittorgarh. You will get 4 lane all the way from Malegaon to chittorgarh.
Google gives this option as well and the time is about 18hrs 54 mins which is like 20 mins more than Option A. Thanks though for pointing it out
Old 2nd October 2018, 16:14   #419
BHPian

Hey guys,
Me, wify and my 4 year old daughter, want to visit Rajasthan this Diwali from Bangalore. After seeing some travelogues here and elsewhere, we plan to visit Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Udaipur, Agra, Sand dunes and finally Delhi(Anything else we can cover?). I have around 9 days starting from 3rd November to 11 November.
Please let me know the best iternary to cover these places with details like travel, staying options, food (vegetarian only). I prefer not to drive in this whole tour.
Thanks very much in advance.
Regards
@Mods, If this is not the right thread, kindly move accordingly. Thanks.

Last edited by ramki067 : 2nd October 2018 at 16:43.
Old 2nd October 2018, 16:43   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hey guys,
Me, wify and my 4 year old daughter, want to visit Rajasthan this Diwali from Bangalore. After seeing some travelogues here and elsewhere, we plan to visit Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Udaipur, Agra and finally Delhi(Anything else we can cover?). I have around 9 days starting from 3rd November to 11 November.
Please let me know the best iternary to cover these places with details like travel, staying options, food (vegetarian only). I prefer not to drive in this whole tour.
Thanks very much in advance.
Regards
Hi Ramki,

If you are driving from Bengaluru by road, the order of visiting would be as follows:

Bengaluru - Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer - Jaipur - Agra - Delhi.
If by other means, then it would Delhi - Agra - Jaipur (Package tour by multiple tour operators by Volvo, peace of mind) - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Udaipur - Delhi
Food options for vegetarian - Multiple options available. In Udaipur, it would be Sankalp hotel. For Jodhpur and Jaisalmer, suggest checking Tripadvisor.

But would suggest increasing the time period.

You would need 2 days for Delhi local, 2 days for Delhi Agra Jaipur, 4 days for Jaisalmer, 2 days for Jodhpur, 3 days for Udaipur. This would make it an actual holiday.

I did this trip 1 1/2 year ago with my 3 1/2 year old. Might have the actual itenary lying around somewhere. Will post it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks