Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2017, 18:09   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp View Post
I was just looking for this answer. I am planning the Jaisalmer trip in the next week. The outward leg is via Udaipur(and a two day halt).
You mean Mumbai-Ahmedabad-Udaipur-Jaisalmer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp View Post
On the return trip we are a bit constrained for time and we're looking at a stop at Ahmedabad. Google maps shows a direct route bypassing Udaipur. What is the current condition of the road? Or is the time you described a return via Udaipur and Jodhpur?
There is no need to go to Udaipur,the direct route from Jaisalmer is via Barmer-Sanchore-Tharad-Disa-Palanpur-Mehsana-Ahmedabad.This route would take you around 10hours.Road is good,no issues.You can check our Country Inn,Ahmedabad for a stayover.

https://goo.gl/maps/vNpLMbzZFXz
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 18:43   #302
kdp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
There is no need to go to Udaipur,the direct route from Jaisalmer is via Barmer-Sanchore-Tharad-Disa-Palanpur-Mehsana-Ahmedabad.This route would take you around 10hours.Road is good,no issues.You can check our Country Inn,Ahmedabad for a stayover.

Our trip is
- thane - Udaipur. ( 2 days in Udaipur)
- Udaipur - Jaisalmer via the Jodhpur- Pokhran route ( is there anything to see in Pokhran?)

The return is what I wanted some guidance on as we wanted to do Jaisalmer Ahmedabad direct and your reply cleared our doubts about road conditions. Thanks also for the tip on the stay over hotel.

Last edited by ampere : 25th June 2017 at 19:15. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 25th June 2017, 19:06   #303
BANNED

Just don't travel after sundown from udaipur towards jodhpur as route is prone to highway robbers .They block the road (inspite of being toll road) with stones and also throw stones on passing vehicles .
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 21:19   #304
kdp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Just don't travel after sundown from udaipur towards jodhpur as route is prone to highway robbers .They block the road (inspite of being toll road) with stones and also throw stones on passing vehicles .
That is really valuable info. thanks. Am travelling with my family so will now be extra careful. Leaving at 6/7am from Udaipur should help me reach Jaisalmer at a safe time, hopefully?
Old 9th July 2017, 13:01   #305
BHPian

I want to drive from Delhi to Tiloniya village, Chittorgarh Fort, Nathdwar Temple, Kumbalgarh Fort, Ranakpur Temple and back to Delhi. Can anyone having done this route please suggest route direction. Want to make it during a long weekend 12th to 15th Aug 2017.
Old 20th July 2017, 11:34   #306

Hello fellow BHPians!!!

This is my first comment on Team-BHP. So, please forgive me in case of any mistake on my part.

I am going on a trip to Rajasthan in the month of August from 10th August to 20th August. My trip is planned as follows:

10th August: Reach Jaipur Airport. Hire a zoomcar. Drive to Pushkar straight-away. Stay for a day. Visit the temples and ghats. Stay at RTDC hotel.
11th August : Leave for Jodhpur. Stay over there and visit the palaces and forts. Stay at Hotel Marwar Excellency.
12th August: Drive to Jaisalmer. Take permits for BP609 and go to SAM/KHURI. Visit Kuldhara.
13th August: Drive to Tanot/Longewala/BP609. Stay at Jaisalmer hotel.
14th August: Visit the jain temples, lake and fort. Either travel to Barmer and stay for the night or go to Jodhpur and take halt over there.
15th August: Drive to Kumbalgarh. Visit the fort and drive directly to Udaipur.
16th August : Drive around in Udaipur.
17th August : Leave for Chittorgarh. Visit the Vijay Stambh and the fort. Leave for my home-town (Rawatbhata)
19th August: Leave for Jaipur and do some sight-seeing.
20th August: Leave for Mumbai from Jaipur Airport in the night.

Related to this, I have a queries which I am not able to fix it by myself!!!
1. Please let me know if any further additions or changes should be made to the trip itinerary.
2. Also, what are the road conditions on the stretches that I am going to drive on?
3. Whether to stay at Barmer or Jodhpur on 14th August or should I follow some other plan for the same.
4. This is the most concerning part of the trip. I have planned to book a zoomcar for the whole trip as Driver accompanied Taxis were out of the question. I cannot just pass down the chance to drive on Rajasthan Roads. Now, Zoomcar is providing me with a choice of Swift, KUV100, Elite i20, Jazz, Ford Ecosport and Scorpio (Never had a chance to drive a huge SUV before). We are group of 5 friends (3 of them are well built) who will be travelling around. So, please advice me as to which car is going to be the perfect companion for this trip!!!

Last edited by rajarshi.sarker : 20th July 2017 at 11:52. Reason: added more info.
Old 20th July 2017, 12:18   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajarshi.sarker View Post
Swift, KUV100, Elite i20, Jazz, Ford Ecosport and Scorpio (Never had a chance to drive a huge SUV before). We are group of 5 friends (3 of them are well built) who will be travelling around. So, please advice me as to which car is going to be the perfect companion for this trip!!!
5 people,3 well-built-its a no brainer-Scorpio qualifies itself by default in the cabin space department.Hatchbacks are going to be very cramped.Ecosport does not have much space at the back.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 13:30   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
5 people,3 well-built-its a no brainer-Scorpio qualifies itself by default in the cabin space department.Hatchbacks are going to be very cramped.Ecosport does not have much space at the back.
Thanks ranjitp1 for the comment. But as described earlier, I have not drive a big bulky SUV earlier. On top of that, I am not sure about the road width in Rajasthan. Won't that be an issue?
Old 11th September 2017, 17:43   #309
BHPian

Folks,

Planning a trip to Rajasthan. onwards will be driving Gurgaon, Jaipur, Jodhpur and then Jaisalmer.

On return, need to reach Meerut and there is no need to go via Del. Can someone let me know the road conditions along the route
Jaisalmer, Bikaner ,Bhiwani, Rohtak, Sonepat & Meerut?

Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 15:25   #310
BHPian

Hello Everyone!

We are planning the below itinerary during the Diwali break. Though our itinerary pans between MP and Rajasthan, didn't know where to post, but since this is our first trip to Rajasthan, thought of posting our query and trip details here.

1. Segment A ->Pune - Ranthambore 1089KMs
Planning to leave at 5am from Pune, and plan to reach Ranthambore by late evening (10/11pm).
I am aware of road conditions until Indore, is it as good post that as well?

Arrive at Ranthambore on 19th Oct (late evening)
Stay at Ranthambore from 20th to 22nd Oct, any other points of interest in the vicinity.

2. Segment B ->Ranthambore - Agra 300KMs
22nd Oct Morning - leave for Agra post breakfast and stay the night. Though our prime objective is only and only the Taj Mahal, I am wondering if there is anything else that we should visit while there.
Considering the distance is only 300km, how are the road conditions

3. Segment C -> Agra - Panna Tiger Reserve 480KMs
23rd Oct - Drive to Panna
Stay at Panna - 23rd and 24th Oct
Which is the best route that one should take - planning to take the Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Chhatarpur route.

4. Segment D -> Panna - Nagpur 561KMs
25th Oct Drive to Nagpur, stay at Nagpur
Which will be a better and more scenic route, Narsinghpur or Jabalpur, heart says Jabalpur, if time permits, would love to visit Bhedaghat.

5. Segment E -> Nagpur - Pune 750KMs
26th Oct - drive post lunch for Pune

Thanks a ton in advance!

Cheers,
Trojan
Old 15th September 2017, 21:04   #311
BHPian

Quoting the thread...anyone who can shed some light on the road conditions frmo Bikaner, hwani, Rohtak sonepat would be great...

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
Folks,

Planning a trip to Rajasthan. onwards will be driving Gurgaon, Jaipur, Jodhpur and then Jaisalmer.

On return, need to reach Meerut and there is no need to go via Del. Can someone let me know the road conditions along the route
Jaisalmer, Bikaner ,Bhiwani, Rohtak, Sonepat & Meerut?

Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 09:34   #312
BHPian

I'm planning a road trip to Jaisalmer - Longewala - Tanot - Barmer - Munabao in December and request help with the below information:

1. Road conditions from Barmer to Munabao
2. How easy / difficult is it to get permission from the Barmer District Collector?
3. Has anyone here taken permission to visit the Border at Tanot - from BSF office in Jaisalmer? Please let me know the details for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajarshi.sarker View Post
13th August: Drive to Tanot/Longewala/BP609. Stay at Jaisalmer hotel.
Did you manage to get permission for visiting BP609? If yes, please let me know the process and from where one needs to get the same. Thanks!

Thanks!
Nishant

Last edited by nishantbhatia84 : 18th September 2017 at 09:39.
Old 18th September 2017, 09:55   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
1. Road conditions from Barmer to Munabao
Did this in my Safari, couple of years ago. Awesome single lane road. Sparse traffic after barmer city limits. It is about 100 kms. Very few amenities (only small villages and one small town with petrol pump) in about 100+ km drive. Carry enough water. Don't miss the Kiradu Temples https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiradu_temples enroute. Also, take BSF permission to enter Munabao watchtowers (pakistan 0 point station view) from Barmer itslef. We (family of four) managed to get BSF pass, however, from Munabao rly stn after some cajoling. Not sure about current status of Thar Express. It used to run weekely once- check, if feasible to align your visit with this train's arrival/departure at Munabao. There is a drill of handing over/taking over of the trains between Pakistan and IR- worth seeing, if possible.

Cheers,
-BJ

P: Btw the picture of Safari in my profile is taken on Munabao - Jaisalmer drive :-)

Last edited by bj96 : 18th September 2017 at 10:04. Reason: PS, typo
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 10:18   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Don't miss the Kiradu Temples https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiradu_temples enroute. Also, take BSF permission to enter Munabao watchtowers (pakistan 0 point station view) from Barmer itslef.
Thanks for your response!
Kiradu Temples - Yes, This is on my visit list on my way back from Munabao.
A very nice gentleman from the Hotel I'm staying at is arranging for my permits to Munabao from the Barmer District Collector. I've already emailed him the application letter and required documents.
Old 18th September 2017, 11:38   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
2. Segment B ->Ranthambore - Agra 300KMs
22nd Oct Morning - leave for Agra post breakfast and stay the night. Though our prime objective is only and only the Taj Mahal, I am wondering if there is anything else that we should visit while there.
Considering the distance is only 300km, how are the road conditions
There are a few worth visiting places in and around Agra apart from the Taj Mahal:

1. Fatehpur Sikri : around 30-35 KM away from Agra
2. Lal Killa - Very close to (or rather adjacent) to Taj Mahal
3. Itmad ud daulah
4. If you are planning to stay over and are a food buff, then visiting the old city can be considered. One can enjoy the hot milk in 'Kullad' (small earthen pot), Allu tikki chat, variety of parathas etc.

If you have not been to Taj Mahal earlier, then a word of caution - There are a lot of tongas and electric vehicles available near Taj Mahal. Make a hard bargain else they might charge a big amount for a relatively smaller distance.
Also, remember the gate where you park your car.
There are a few handicraft shops near Taj Mahal. Though they have some really nice artifacts on sale, however, they can be overpriced by a huge margin. You can find the same artifacts in the old city at almost half the price.

Wish you a great holiday!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks